Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q re. Marquee '71
Date: May 4, 2018 14:50

I was listening to this recording while driving just recently, and it hit me that Keith was playing all songs in standard tuning; on the Dan Armstrong; with a very ploinky sound too. But I knew they were going to play "Brown Sugar" at some point.
Did Keith finally change guitars? Is BS even from that show, or from TOTP?

I remember reading that Keith was very late showing up for this taping. Then the way he looked, and the way he played, I have always wondered if he had been trying to cop, and it didn't happen for him. And that the gig was just something he had to get out of the way so he could resume the search.
Nothing to base this on; just my personal musings.

Re: Q re. Marquee '71
Date: May 4, 2018 14:56

Palace Revolution 2000
I was listening to this recording while driving just recently, and it hit me that Keith was playing all songs in standard tuning; on the Dan Armstrong; with a very ploinky sound too. But I knew they were going to play "Brown Sugar" at some point.
Did Keith finally change guitars? Is BS even from that show, or from TOTP?

I remember reading that Keith was very late showing up for this taping. Then the way he looked, and the way he played, I have always wondered if he had been trying to cop, and it didn't happen for him. And that the gig was just something he had to get out of the way so he could resume the search.
Nothing to base this on; just my personal musings.

He changed to his other DA-guitar, tuned in open G smiling smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: May 4, 2018 17:14

He looks fine to me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-04 17:16 by 2000 LYFH.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 4, 2018 20:38

He also fell asleep while tuning his 12-string before they were to play Wild Horses, and therefore crushed my dreams of hearing the band play it live with Mick Taylor.

I have to imagine Taylor would have either played in Nashville tuning like the record, or maybe he played electric slide. I’m guessing they probably approached it like they did Sweet Virginia in ‘72. Will we ever know?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 5, 2018 00:58

I'm so glad Keith shaved and found some clean socks for the TV taping.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home