Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Support Acts - Opener for RS Tour 2018
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 31, 2018 21:26

The Kooks' Luke Pritchard Talks Opening for The Rolling Stones, New Music: 'We're Not Trying to Be Someone Else'

Now, you're on a headlining tour, but next month, you'll be opening for the Rolling Stones in Germany on a few dates.

I don’t know how many people get asked back, so we must’ve made a good impression to Mick [Jagger] and the guys. We did two shows with them in 2008 or something, 2007. I definitely hung out with Mick a few times after because I was friends with his daughter [Georgia] for a while. It’s very nice to be considered again. I just want to see them! [Laughs] It’s like, how can I get free tickets to see the Stones?

The thing is they do constantly inspire you. I remember when we first did it, I was walking past [backstage] and I didn’t realize it was Ronnie Wood’s dressing room. The door opens and it’s Ronnie, and “Gimme Shelter” is playing really loud, and I’m like, “Ronnie Wood, how ya doing?” He’s like, “Oh, I can’t remember how to play the chords, I’m just practicing.” Stuff like that inspires you. They’re so comfortable in their own skins and it’s really grounding, the fact that they take the time to talk to young musicians and give you little bits of advice.

So it was an easy yes this time around.

I was like, “They’d better pay us more than last time.” [Laughs] No, I’m joking! It was like, “We’ll do it, I’ll pay for my own flight.”

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 16:22

Prague Support Bands:

- Gotthard (Swiss Band)
- Prazsky Vyber (Czech. Band)

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 16:24 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: mickmat ()
Date: June 16, 2018 11:33

satisfaction2
Prague Support Bands:

- Gotthard (Swiss Band)
- Prazsky Vyber (Czech. Band)

Tried to listen to Czech band. For me its a noisy mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-16 11:35 by mickmat.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home