Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 22, 2018 11:43

Looks like a stellar setlist and performance. As always!

Re: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Date: May 22, 2018 12:25

Hey guys, that was fun.......quite an ‘affair’ in fact!

Excellently performed renditions of some of the finest tunes from the Stones catalogue.
Great to see you again and meet up with so many of the IORR travelling circus, looking forward to tonight.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 22, 2018 12:26

Now I pretend to be o typical set list winner...

"WHAT? The most recent songs are from 1973!!?? God... IORR Band became a nostalgia act. Sad bu true. Common guys,you can better than this... And why did you play 4 songs from "Exile", 4 song from GHS and three fron "Let It Bleed"? The 65% of the list have been taken from three albums!!!?? WTF? What happened there? I guess on the night of May 20, instead of rehearsing, you were just listening to the particular albums, drinking beers. Don't be so lazy, folks. Dig deeper, please...".

Excellent job, guys!

Date: May 22, 2018 12:35

Haha, good one, laertisflash grinning smiley

I wanna thank SimonN for buying the entire band (10 people) beers - in absentia! A fantastic gesture from a great guy - next time, Si thumbs up

Date: May 22, 2018 12:38

Any thoughts about a gig in Edinburgh, Dandy?

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: May 22, 2018 12:45

laertisflash

"WHAT? The most recent songs are from 1973!!?? God... IORR Band became a nostalgia act. Sad bu true. Common guys,you can better than this... And why did you play 4 songs from "Exile", 4 song from GHS and three fron "Let It Bleed"? The 65% of the list have been taken from three albums!!!?? WTF? What happened there? I guess on the night of May 20, instead of rehearsing, you were just listening to the particular albums, drinking beers. Don't be so lazy, folks. Dig deeper, please...".

well, with a "Mick Taylor" in the band you can't go much further than Brussels ... !

resotele

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: May 22, 2018 12:49

My review of last night here

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Please let me know about any corrections and omissions

Date: May 22, 2018 12:54

"Well, with a "Mick Taylor" in the band you can't go much further than Brussels ..."

Hahaha... Great explanation, Resotele...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 22, 2018 13:06

Absolutely magnificent. I'd go as far as saying that the IORR band are playing these classics as good if not better than the Stones nowadays. Perhaps it's the Mick Taylor-era Stones and that interplay between Dandy and Mathijs that just sounds so authentic.

Erwin on drums slams and shuffles just like Charlie in his prime and hats off to the rest of the guys for making last night sound like they'd been rehearsing for weeks.

I've seen other UK-based tribute bands such as The Counterfeit Stones and The Rollin' Stoned and they are more about showmanship and theatre. But the IORR Band are the real deal and they could easily make a second career out of this.

Here's Midnight Rambler. At points during this song I had to mop my brow, close my eyes and pinch myself that I wasn't back at Wembley in September 73 when I first saw the Stones.

Next time they play, don't miss 'em. And stay posted for more vids when I have the chance to load them.

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 14:32 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 22, 2018 13:45

They’re all that and more, Silver Dagger! You’d expect something more delightfully shambolic, but these guys are tight,bskilled and clearly having a blast. Rambler was indeed a high point, but there were many more. And the setting could not have been better. Condolences to all who missed this! Please, let there be a Next Time!

It was also so great to see so many from IORR - some folks I hadn’t seen for years, and many new ones. That made this gig even more of a standout. Cheers to you all!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 13:48 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: May 22, 2018 14:36

Not sure why the picture isn't showing on these postings but click the link and it still works. Here's the band introductions leading into You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 22, 2018 15:12

DandelionPowderman
Haha, good one, laertisflash grinning smiley
I wanna thank SimonN for buying the entire band (10 people) beers - in absentia! A fantastic gesture from a great guy - next time, Si thumbs up

Hi DP & IORR Band,

You are all very welcome! It's a far cry from The Stones' riders from back in the day, hah-hah!
The vids and photos all show y'all having the best time...good on you.

And a big thank you to Silver Dagger for getting them in...top man, Mike!

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 15:16 by SimonN.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 22, 2018 15:36

Was great fun! Went down early when only a handful of folks were there including Sometorontogirl. She was nothing like I had imagined! Only better. Went upstairs for dinner which was a mistake as by the time I got back downstairs the place was jam packed and I didn't get to meet as many folks as I wanted to. But as Topi would say, it was "Stones heaven."

Got to spend a little time with Beast and ManofWealthandTaste which was great but would also like to have met others such as Mathjis and Silver Dagger among many others. Oh well.

Noticed a lot of the arrangements sounded like Brussels '73, including a number of the Taylor solos, which were nearly note for note on some of the numbers. Not a bad choice.

Would go again at a moment's notice. Will there b any more IORR gatherings this week? Today before or after the show? Friday? Any other day?

So, would like to post a couple of pics, will a facebook link work?

plexi

Date: May 22, 2018 15:41

timbernardis
Was great fun! Went down early when only a handful of folks were there including Sometorontogirl. She was nothing like I had imagined! Only better. Went upstairs for dinner which was a mistake as by the time I got back downstairs the place was jam packed and I didn't get to meet as many folks as I wanted to. But as Topi would say, it was "Stones heaven."

Got to spend a little time with Beast and ManofWealthandTaste which was great but would also like to have met others such as Mathjis and Silver Dagger among many others. Oh well.

Noticed a lot of the arrangements sounded like Brussels '73, including a number of the Taylor solos, which were nearly note for note on some of the numbers. Not a bad choice.

Would go again at a moment's notice. Will there b any more IORR gatherings this week? Today before or after the show? Friday? Any other day?

So, would like to post a couple of pics, will a facebook link work?

plexi

What we really wanna know is did ya bring the magic glasses plexi?

Date: May 22, 2018 15:42

OK - another of my favourites from last night at the Hope And ASnchor - here's Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 22, 2018 18:33

great job on GS - great band groove and Mathis playing the MT parts.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: May 22, 2018 19:39

Brilliant.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 22, 2018 21:19

Hey hey that was fun, and the copycat Taylor guy Mathis was cool, pity DP's guitar was too low in the mix, couldn't really hear it.

Great job everyone,thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 22, 2018 23:26

WOW!
These guys sound great!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 22, 2018 23:42

You guys are great..

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 22, 2018 23:49

Wow boys that was a great rendition of GS...Mathis that was some slick playing and it's as good a cover as I've heard (I've heard a lot over the years) Not sure the sax worked but she was having fun and it's a brave attempt. Wish I could have been there. Well done to all.

Date: May 23, 2018 00:17

The sax worked well. Everyone did well. No doubt about that. It's a wonder really how they can play that good showing up once a year with little or no time to rehearse together. Just great!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 23, 2018 01:16

The girl on sax is great, and I remember seeing video of the IORR Bands' Amsterdam gig playing Brown Sugar and loved her sax playing.

This band from all over the world are great musicians and really all nice guys.

Sorry I couldn't be there , but still got great memories of their first gig at The Alleycat Bar in Denmark Street,London.

Different lineups at each gig with whoever can turn up at the time,in that part of Europe. These guys are from all over the world, so what a fantastic commitment they all have to be part of this band .

I might be wrong ,but those videos from Mike at this gig ,are probably the best ones for audio and visual quality around now from their gigs.
I for one am going to try to spread them around on FB etc.
Well done to the band and Mike for those great youtube clips of classic Rolling Stones songs.

Onwards and upwards for this great band who will get some more really positive recognition for future gigs. smileys with beer

Date: May 23, 2018 01:58

Yes Crawdaddy, they all deserves applause. If not only just for making the effort.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:24

Silver Dagger
Absolutely magnificent. I'd go as far as saying that the IORR band are playing these classics as good if not better than the Stones nowadays.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Erm...... No!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:37

Just watched the Mr.D video, great stuff. I actually enjoyed listening to you fellas more than the Stones more recent versions. Wish I could have seen it live.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 23, 2018 03:39

Any group photos of the IORR members at the club?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:16

Silver Dagger
OK - another of my favourites from last night at the Hope And ASnchor - here's Gimme Shelter.

Very nice, guys!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2018 11:41

looks like a great night …. good vibes … Well done guys ….well done

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:53

Stunningly good! The first band other than the Stones which can play Stones. Amazing.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home