Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

19th Nervous Breakdown - Alternate Take?
Posted by: Jayce ()
Date: February 28, 2018 23:43

Hey all,

Not sure this is legit, but here is an alternate version of "19th Nervous Breakdown" featuring some tasty licks not on the final release. The Youtube commenters seem to think it's Brian playing the licks (lots of Brian Fanboys commenting on the video - which I can sometimes be), but I can't tell.

Opinions?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: 19th Nervous Breakdown - Alternate Take?
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:02

I have not heard that version before. Has this every been released on any album, cd, etc.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:15

This was one of those 30 "copyright videos" posted by ABKCO on YouTube some time ago and soon deleted. See here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 1, 2018 04:49

Whoever is playing those licks it sounds pretty good. Someone needs to mix it a little better. If this is Brian playing it kind of buries his other part. Brian's more well known part anchors the tune while Keith plays off of Brian's guitar like he used to. This added part adds to Keith's licks. It's like Keith's buried overdub during his solo of the Last Time that you hear on bootlegs. Or Brian's buried acoustic guitar on Satisfaction. Or Brian's buried riff on Cloud. The stereo versions. This has the earmark of Andrew turning all the knobs the wrong way and not maximizing the songs potential. Always wished someone would go back and remix all these old classics. There is probably a lot of hidden gems that we haven't been hearing all these years.

I just listened to this with headphones. At the end it sounds like it's a 12 string guitar. Brian was into his Rick at this point with songs like Blues Turn to Grey and Singer Not the Song.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 05:20 by ovalvox.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2018 07:08

Loved hearing this song on the 1997 tour. It's so sad they don't include these great songs in the later tours.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:12

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 4, 2018 04:01

such an amazing song;
rhythm guitar really smacks you around...that riff...
just tremendous...
this one of those early tunes that made me a believer forever.
they'd cut this close to the bone with 'social commentary'
for lack of better terminology; but fans know...
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby and this one...
real edgy real reliable real unique stuff from them.
can you believe that signature riff; so simple but just bites your head off..
do doom dot dah-dah (badoom) dot dah-dah
she's the kind of person you meet at certain...

micks off internal rhythming at a furious pace; i just love this stuff.
this is primo ulteem-oh...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:22

claremont29
I have not heard that version before. Has this every been released on any album, cd, etc.

The bootleg, Keys to the Highway.

The first version, the one you hear in this video clip, has the alternate Mick vocals, not the final vocal take. His vocals are more "tentative" here. There are two versions of 19th on this disc -- the first is what you here in this video clip, the second version is closer to the final take.

Brian Jones was the rhythm guitarist in those days, Keith the lead.

The spoken intro, that sounds like Brian -- the "elegantly wasted" persona that Keith later "absorbed" after Brian's passing.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:26

stonehearted
claremont29

The bootleg, Keys to the Highway.

The first version, the one you hear in this video clip, has the alternate Mick vocals, not the final vocal take. His vocals are more "tentative" here. There are two versions of 19th on this disc -- the first is what you here in this video clip, the second version is closer to the final take.

Brian Jones was the rhythm guitarist in those days, Keith the lead.

The spoken intro, that sounds like Brian -- the "elegantly wasted" persona that Keith later "absorbed" after Brian's passing.

The 19th Nervous Breakdown versions on this CD have nothing to do with the "new" take with additional guitars. This is only available on Mad Shadows by DAC so far.

Date: March 4, 2018 10:27

I don't know - do you guys think this is for real? I;'m only hearing this on crappy PC speakers; but in the verses, is that just a 3rd guitar added on top of the other?

Ecit - yes I still think it isnt Stones. See what Phil (Majesty) thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 10:28 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 4, 2018 18:36

The introduction is Brian from the Rock and Roll Circus. He introduced the piano player. I forget the piano players name. It was cur out of the official release. I have it on a bootleg copy of RRC.

I listens to this with headphones. At the very end of the song listen carefully. The third guitarist is mirroring Brian's rhythm guitar part briefly. It's a 12 string. You can hear the higher octave strings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home