Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091Next
Current Page: 86 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 4, 2018 02:44

bv
The Rolling Stones will keep on touring every year 2019, 2020, 2021 and so on, as long as they stand on two feet each of them and feel great about it. But we all know perfectly well that one day the tours will be over. That is why more and more fans come to see them by travel from far away. May be they will tour USA, Japan or Argentina one more time, in 2019 or 2020, and may be they will do Europe once more in 2021, but they can't tour all continents every year.
smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: July 4, 2018 03:51

angee
Why so pessimistic on the band continuing, JN99?

It's just their ages. As long time fans, if we're honest we know Keith is approaching a point where touring might not be possible and Charlie it seems may simply decide he's had enough at some point. Of course, I hope I'm wrong smiling smiley

No Filter Font
Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: June 30, 2018 13:32

Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know the name of the font used for the No Filter tour? I did a quick search but I could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Re: No Filter Font
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2018 14:30

Captain Teague

Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know the name of the font used for the No Filter tour?

Space Mono by Colophon - [iorr.org] .

Re: No Filter Font
Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: June 30, 2018 14:52

Thank you Irix

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 4, 2018 16:25

slewan
maxx

Patti out side the Hotel in Stuttgart yesterday.
see: [www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de] – meaingless blahblah-journalism of course

Nice shot. Those three guys, three seps behind.. Security?

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: July 4, 2018 17:22

maxx
bv
The Rolling Stones will keep on touring every year 2019, 2020, 2021 and so on, as long as they stand on two feet each of them and feel great about it. But we all know perfectly well that one day the tours will be over. That is why more and more fans come to see them by travel from far away. May be they will tour USA, Japan or Argentina one more time, in 2019 or 2020, and may be they will do Europe once more in 2021, but they can't tour all continents every year.
smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmiling smileysmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

To disagree is almost to invite fanatical retribution. They will not go on forever and the end is increasingly near. I love the Stones but it seems some people are so obsessed that they can't see a life without them. Wake up folks, It's coming.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2018 18:15

KevinLocksPerm
To disagree is almost to invite fanatical retribution. They will not go on forever and the end is increasingly near. I love the Stones but it seems some people are so obsessed that they can't see a life without them. Wake up folks, It's coming.
No "fanatical retribution", just a reminder that your post (or similar) has been stated at or near the end of every tour since 1981...

See ya in NA next year??!! cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2018 20:17

KevinLocksPerm
maxx
bv

I mentioned this in another thread a couple weeks ago, that when the Stones stop touring the earth will explode into oblivion. winking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 5, 2018 00:55

Edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-05 01:01 by EJM.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 5, 2018 13:03

At first I was worried about a post Rock and Roll world, but more and more it seems the kids respect us crazy old rockers.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 5, 2018 20:01

"Backstage with Charlie on the practice pads..." [www.instagram.com]

Date: July 5, 2018 20:24

Keith- "Great tattoos!"

[twitter.com]

cool smiley

Date: July 5, 2018 23:22

Who is she? An iorrian? Saw her in edinburgh in the bannermans

Date: July 6, 2018 05:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Who is she? An iorrian? Saw her in edinburgh in the bannermans
No idea.
I was at Bannerman's in Edinburgh and am sorry I didn't run into her to compliment her on her tatts.
Stunning (the tattoos as well cool smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:15

JN99
angee
Why so pessimistic on the band continuing, JN99?

It's just their ages. As long time fans, if we're honest we know Keith is approaching a point where touring might not be possible and Charlie it seems may simply decide he's had enough at some point. Of course, I hope I'm wrong smiling smiley

I disagree, the weak link as far as the Stones not touring is probably Mick , he's voice is becoming an increasing worry, in fact i don't think it will be Charlie who calls time on the Stones tours, more than likely it will be Mick.
He can't be enjoying the constant worry over his voice, and it's getting to the time where he physically will not be able to perform at the level Mick sets for himself.

I don't think many people realize the effort and dedication involved in preparing for these tours, Mick is on borrowed time, we should all know that he can't keep this up for much longer unless he is an alien winking smiley

It's easier for Ronnie and Keith to continue, with both of them sober, and with what appears to be excellent health they can continue to do this for many more years.

But i still see it as a miracle that four men this age manage to deliver 14 shows to this standard, this is high energy Rock the Stones are delivering, and apart from Mick getting a 10 or 15 minute brake for introducing the band and leaving Keith to cover for a couple songs, this is two hours on stage, you will not see many performers giving this length of show at their ages, they don't even look tired towards the end of each show, Keith was going at it with everything he had in Prague towards the end.
They could cheat and do more ballads and add more slower paced songs that involve less theatrics but they don't, they are giving virtually the same experience as they did in 89'.
You see it on the faces of people in the crowd, this huge grin of Oh My God are these old men really doing this, is this really happening.

Its beyond anything i can compare, no one at this age can deliver like this, The Who are fat old farts in comparison, Aerosmith although much younger can't touch them, Steve Tyler hardly moves compared to Mick.

No, make no mistake , this is a freak of show,( in a nice way ) especially Mick, it questions any notions i had about old people I've had throughout my life, people this age just can't do this, and even if they could they just wouldn't, what are the chances of 4 multi millionaires being up for this gig.
I would go so far as to say if this goes on much longer with Mick still moving like Jagger, it questions Einsteins theory of reality winking smiley
Is this all a dream, an illusion ? who knows but long may it continue smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 12:19 by keithsman.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:59

MisterDDDD
KevinLocksPerm
No "fanatical retribution", just a reminder that your post (or similar) has been stated at or near the end of every tour since 1981...

See ya in NA next year??!! cool smiley

Yes, but in 81 they weren't even 40. To say they were near the end then was plainly ridiculous.

But they are now heading towards 80. Put bluntly, one of them is going to die or become infirm at some point. Taking into account their existing longevity the end is near. How anyone can talk about 2021 etc is beyond comprehension.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:23

I don't think many people realize the effort and dedication involved in preparing for these tours, Mick is on borrowed time, we should all know that he can't keep this up for much longer unless he is an alien winking smiley

It's easier for Ronnie and Keith to continue, with both of them sober, and with what appears to be excellent health they can continue to do this for many more years.

But i still see it as a miracle that four men this age manage to deliver 14 shows to this standard, this is high energy Rock the Stones are delivering, and apart from Mick getting a 10 or 15 minute brake for introducing the band and leaving Keith to cover for a couple songs, this is two hours on stage, you will not see many performers giving this length of show at their ages, they don't even look tired towards the end of each show, Keith was going at it with everything he had in Prague towards the end.
They could cheat and do more ballads and add more slower paced songs that involve less theatrics but they don't, they are giving virtually the same experience as they did in 89'.
You see it on the faces of people in the crowd, this huge grin of Oh My God are these old men really doing this, is this really happening.

Its beyond anything i can compare, no one at this age can deliver like this, The Who are fat old farts in comparison, Aerosmith although much younger can't touch them, Steve Tyler hardly moves compared to Mick.

No, make no mistake , this is a freak show,( in a nice way ) especially Mick, it questions any notions i had about old people I've had throughout my life, people this age just can't do this, and even if they could they just wouldn't, what are the chances of 4 multi millionaires being up for this gig that never ends.
I would go so far as to say if this goes on much longer with Mick still moving like Jagger, it questions Einsteins theory of relativity. winking smiley
Is this all a dream, an illusion ? who knows but long may it continue. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 20:47 by keithsman.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:12

Has anyone noticed how well coordinated the band clothes colour scheme is this year

Date: July 7, 2018 00:26

EJM
Has anyone noticed how well coordinated the band clothes colour scheme is this year
Been impressed with the stage outfits this tour.. Keith has looked great, and Charlie's color coordinated (w the venue) ensembles have also been very cool.

smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:21

Ronnie still dresses like he has for years. Sally, art, colours, musician t-shirts. Charlie is still The Gentleman on that stage. Jagger / Richards have dropped the flamingo-style, the expansive sports-jackets, the Las Vegas sha-la-la, outfit wise. Dressing like Rock and Roll Royalty again, slim dark t-shirts, leather jackets and so on. I like that a lot!

On the other hand: what do I know? About "appearance"? Goodness...

Let's have a party, Warsaw!
Cheers, Fillmore (hope I'll guess my name smileys with beer)

ps: Mr DDDD: you left homewards too early. Would like to talk to you again, in the middle of "those crazy people" grinning smiley

Re: smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Date: July 7, 2018 20:39

Have a blast Fillmore!!
(I know you will cool smiley)

Definitely left too early, always enjoy the last show of a tour!
Looking forward to your updates!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2018 01:17

All-New Jeep Wrangler on the ‘No Filter’ tour! Proud to have brought pure rock all over Europe with Rolling Stones. C’mon guys, let’s paint it… Red! #StonesNoFilter #NewJeepWrangler #rockfueled

[twitter.com]

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 8, 2018 02:38

Well I dont see this stuff from the Daily Mail here so ....

If you can be bothered then lots more pics and carp 5th Jul Charrlote Dean for Mail online.
Some of the pics with Ronnie and kids are cute but also I feel a bit kreepy like its there personal away me time and we should not be all clocking in. ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2018 22:47

Great tour! Thank you to everyone for making the #StonesNoFilter Tour so special!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 10, 2018 13:36

Best Tour of 50 and counting so far.

What startet in Paris Oct. 2017 was ectended to 2018.

And: Last 5 shows Keith back to Keith as we need and love him.

And, and, and.

Thanks a lot. Still full of Berlin/Marseille.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2018 15:31

...listening to Atlantic City 2006 boot on EOMS site......gotta say they sounded great at that show...Keith particularly considering ..even Streets of Love sounded good.....hope they keep going....not what it was but certainly they have moments of glory....long live the Rolling Stones....

Billboard's Boxscore?
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 7, 2018 23:16

No official numbers (attendances, grosses) from No Filter 2, yet? I see nothing on Billboard's Boxscore. Just curious...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 23:58 by bv.

Re: Hey, Georgelicks...
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2018 23:56

The tour ends tomorrow, Billboard report the Stones numbers about 2-4 weeks after the tour is over.

Re: Billboard's Boxscore?
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 8, 2018 13:33

Thanks georgelicks. I asked you, having the impression that, as for 2017 No Filter gigs, Billboard started reporting numbers before the end of the particular round.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091Next
Current Page: 86 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home