Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 91
Re: London Stadium v Twickenham
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:45

Looking on their website they state the crowd capacity is 80k for concerts so BV is right as usual if it was full.

[www.london-stadium.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:52

London Stadium for me by a country mile for pure logisitical reasons. The 2 stadia themselves are roughly equally good in standard but London Stadium has infinitely better transport connections.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 28, 2018 17:55

Sure, send me Blu Rays of both shows,
I’d love to ‘chip in’!

Ha ha ha.
I was at the Twick,
therefore,
best.
Not at the O2.

‘Best’ is relative.
‘Beast of Burden’ is not.
Yes, I can be a ‘Bitch’

Still high off the Twick

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 28, 2018 18:13

I could have chosen any two week period of the tour to attend, and am really glad I scheduled it so Twickenham would be my last concert in the UK.

Having spent four nights in central London in between Edinburgh and Cardiff, I am really glad I had the last four nights in Twickenham.
The history in the area, the Eel Pie Museum, staying within a short walk to the stadium, the setlist, the BoB with J Bay, all helped make Twickenham an easy best show, and build up to it, for me.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 28, 2018 18:36

grzegorz67
London Stadium for me by a country mile for pure logisitical reasons. The 2 stadia themselves are roughly equally good in standard but London Stadium has infinitely better transport connections.

Still grouchy about that, are you? (...and I couldn’t agree more!)

Date: June 28, 2018 21:11

SomeTorontoGirl
grzegorz67

Still grouchy about that, are you? (...and I couldn’t agree more!)

Yep. I’ve since spoken to 1 former resident and a Rugby fan who has visited many times. Both confirm that traffic gridlock happens after every event there without exception. Lesson learnt and I’ll do it differently next time. I saw U2 there last July with my brother and nephew. That time we parked at Virginia Water, a few miles away and came in by train. It worked out perfectly, though it wouldn’t have this time!

Date: June 29, 2018 00:31

In defense of Twickenham/ Richmond (which I fell in love with walking around)

They are working construction 24/7 on updating/ accomendating to modernize
the train station, which was at my hotel’s feet.
I came to love that huge red crane when it became my beacon to get back while
‘running with the bulls’ after the show.
>grinning smiley<
Thank God we all made it, lol

Date: June 29, 2018 00:47

I came down from the north west almost last minute and finding most of the travel lodges and premier Inn's booked up,found a lovely small pub/hotel near the banks of the Thames in St Margarets.

The manager said even though it would take a while,I should walk it as the traffic would be awful.

It took me about 50 minutes but it was a beautiful walk,largely by the banks of the Thames in glorious sunshine,going to see the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world for pretty much my first time(and sadly,probably the last *sobs*) after a few beers.

Sometimes the great gigs are not based on just how well the band plays,or the set lists,it's when the little things come together:where it is,who you are with,where you are stood,the sound,etc,etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-29 00:48 by thegreenmanalishi.

Date: June 29, 2018 12:56

35love
In defense of Twickenham/ Richmond (which I fell in love with walking around)

They are working construction 24/7 on updating/ accomendating to modernize
the train station, which was at my hotel’s feet.
I came to love that huge red crane when it became my beacon to get back while
‘running with the bulls’ after the show.
>grinning smiley<
Thank God we all made it, lol

Hopefully the huge numbers leaving the stadium after events have been incorporated in the plans. If they get it right, then this will fix most of the non road traffic issues. Nothing they can do about cancelled trains though.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 29, 2018 15:23

I much preferred the crowd at London Stadium to Twickenham - too much of the Twickenham crowd felt like a posh boy's piss-up (like some rugby/cheltenham gold up). Obviously not exclusively, but I was amazed at the difference in the crowd between the two shows. London Stadium felt much more like a 'London gig'; Twickenham much more like home counties/a very small part of London.

syrel

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 29, 2018 15:43

syrel
I much preferred the crowd at London Stadium to Twickenham - too much of the Twickenham crowd felt like a posh boy's piss-up (like some rugby/cheltenham gold up). Obviously not exclusively, but I was amazed at the difference in the crowd between the two shows. London Stadium felt much more like a 'London gig'; Twickenham much more like home counties/a very small part of London.

syrel

Twickenham was formerly a town in the county of Middlesex; now Greater London. the area doesn't have a London postcode. It's a fairly affluent area.

DID ANY NO FILTER SHOW END WITH THE FULL FIREWORKS?
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:21

the shows I have seen only had a tiny pyro ending most likely due to the design of the stadiums with overhangs over the top sections.

Re: DID ANY NO FILTER SHOW END WITH THE FULL FIREWORKS?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:25

The answer is no.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:52

Edinburgh was much larger than Cardiff or Twickenham. Were there any at all in Twickenham? Now I'm thinking there were none there...

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: June 28, 2018 21:54

There were no fireworks at Twickenham. I was waiting for them, but they never happened.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 28, 2018 22:02

i missed all fireworks

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2018 22:09

Mickboy33 There were some but not the full monty ...residential area

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 22:10 by exhpart.

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 28, 2018 22:11

mickboy33
There were no fireworks at Twickenham. I was waiting for them, but they never happened.

Yes, there were fireworks in Twickenham but only the light version. Starting at 8:00
Twickenham Satisfaction

I think the big version depends on the stadium architecture and local permission.
Croke Park and Berlin among others had big fireworks. In Marseille it looked like the left side didn't fire. I also wonder why they decided to put the red pyroflickers for SFTD on the sides, behind the stage for this leg of the tour. I thought they had much more impact when fired from the towers last year.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:15

There were 6 sparklers at Cardiff.....3 each side of the stage - and one man burnt his jacket on one trying to leave.........smoking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:22

Please stop yelling at us all the dream time...

Here's my question:
Do you still stand by this statement?

There will be $50 tickets outside every show!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:56

I remember minimal sparklers from the seating areas behind the stage in Coventry.

They were much more extensive in Manchester, yet I can't remember if they were launched from inside the seating bowl or from the outside...

I'm sure the folks here can help clarify...

Date: June 29, 2018 00:56

Kurt

Here's my question:

Well he certainly won’t be the one selling them at that price.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2018 01:15

TKinOH
I remember minimal sparklers from the seating areas behind the stage in Coventry.

They were much more extensive in Manchester, yet I can't remember if they were launched from inside the seating bowl or from the outside...

I'm sure the folks here can help clarify...
Outside.. was fantastic! [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 29, 2018 02:10

Is it sad that I've become complacent to the pyro?

I really noticed the small display in Coventry because it was small... guess I'm spoiled here in the US with the outdoor displays at the stadium gigs.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 29, 2018 02:14

Kurt

Here's my question:

$10 in Marseille.

Kurt, find something else to occupy your time, maybe volunteer to help people.

I grew my hair long like many in my generation for 2 basic reasons. 1. Not to conform with corporate society. 2. Save money.

I will not conform to any geek rule that uppercase letters mean you are shouting. I like the way it looks and it reads easier for elderly Stones' fans!

(I sold one ticket outside Twick for $47.50 USD)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2018 02:39

Keeeef used all the gun-powder shootin' water-rats hangin' around the hotel …….

ROCKMAN

Date: June 29, 2018 07:15

TKinOH
Is it sad that I've become complacent to the pyro?

I really noticed the small display in Coventry because it was small... guess I'm spoiled here in the US with the outdoor displays at the stadium gigs.

It’s sadder I’m old and think fire works are
too loud/ disturbing (jumped outta my skin leaving Paris/ Nanterre went off right behind me walking out)
and a fire hazard. I wish they’d make them illegal in all of CA. Except professionals over water.
Never noticed the ones at Twick
that ‘Satisfaction’ extended clip @ 8:00 minutes confirmed they happened however
guess we were going w/ the fire flow encore anyway/ head’s getting rocked out.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2018 07:18

…… ta tell ya the truth fireworks bore the hell outta me …..

Awwwww look at the green one ...AAAAwwww looka at the blue one …. AAAwwwww look at the gold one …. Bang Bang ….

ROCKMAN

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 29, 2018 17:13

Fireworks are excellent for leaving the stadium quickly while the rest of the crowd are still watching them

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:37

syrel
Fireworks are excellent for leaving the stadium quickly while the rest of the crowd are still watching them

100% agree grinning smiley In Dublin they had quite a large one, and leaving that one behind secured me a place in a pub on the way back to the city center where they played live music (including Stones covers). 20 minutes later it was packed and no way to get to the bar to get a beer cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home