Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Most Live Stones Shows on Cd
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 20, 2005 18:56

Which Stones fan out there has the most (different) live cds of stones shows? (not offficial releases)

Re: The Most Live Stones Shows on Cd
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 20, 2005 19:22

let's see your hand first, Leonard....

Date: September 20, 2005 20:09

only about 60 different...mostly from '65 to '81...best to all with the "collectors disease"

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 20, 2005 20:11

The author of Basement News and the Black Book

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 20, 2005 20:27

how do u get them all? i want to buy , but don't have a source. I only have 2.

Date: September 20, 2005 20:30

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how do u get them all? i want to buy , but don't
> have a source. I only have 2.

the "buy sell trade" link...ive ordered many from a person named adrian...he sells copies at fair prices and has a great selection!!! go to page 4 "boots for sale" of the buy, sell, trade link... happy collecting

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-20 23:33 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 20, 2005 20:43

thanks for the info!

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: September 20, 2005 20:44

I know people that have every (pr at least 95% of) circulating Stones-solo-barbs-winos-guest appearences--etc etc show....however, they probably don't want their names listed on this board. Not sure if all the stuff's been transferred to CD/CD-R?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 20, 2005 20:45

Thousands....

Date: September 20, 2005 20:56

i got about 150, at least........

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 20, 2005 21:33

i'm gonna hazard a guess: 250 ...maybe more if you include vinyl and tape.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 20, 2005 21:41

Probably about 400 live CDs...so around 250-300 shows

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 20, 2005 22:47

Just one thing JJFlash: it is ADRIAN. A dude. He is in South America. And yes, a straightup guy. Pretty cool.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 20, 2005 23:42

Fellow Stones Viking Rob:

[www.printmark.se]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 21, 2005 02:10

stone-relics Wrote:
> Thousands....
>

That might be somewhat difficult, as the band have played just over 1,900 shows (they'll reach 2,000 during this tour) and from 1962-1968 alone there are over 1,000 shows, and the amount of them that are in circulation from that period would barely reach double figures.

By my estimation, there are probably no more than about 870 Stones concerts in circulation, some of them only partially recorded.

I'd probably have about 95% of whats available in some form or another. I never really collected bootleg titles (LP or CD) in the old days as I preferred to track down original source tapes if I could get them instead. However, when I invested in a CD recorder in 1999 I think I had about 1600-1700 tapes at that time (most post 1973 shows are on two tapes, some shows had more than one source plus that figure also counts solo material, studio, interviews, rehearsals etc). Pretty much anything since that I've got on CDR, and of course I've transferred some stuff from tape to CDR and got new versions of old shows I already had on tape...its very hard to keep count of, but the Stones have played about 160 shows since 1999 and until this tour started Ive nearly all of them (I think I'm missing about 6 Licks shows and thats all) so thats over 300 CDR's plus hundreds more other Stones-related CDRs from pre-1999 recordings.

Leonard is correct - "collectors disease" is exactly what it is...

then theres the videos...Christ...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 21, 2005 04:14

Hi Gazza, I knewq that you had a lot but did not know you were that potent. I have questions now. Do you listen to many of them or just a select few? I mean, when you first get a show ( let's say, some obscure Milwaukee show from Lixtour) do you always check it out? And then on a day to day basis do you just pop whatever show in? Or do you have some tracking system that tells you some notes about each show and then you know beforehand about quality and/or which tunes are especially good. Whne I still owned tons and tons I would have stickers on the cases telling me very quickly something that stood out and that identifies it for me. Like this I actually kept track of almost every Liveshow I had. But to be honest, after a while when I would get a certain title of a certain tour I would just pop it in and check out certain keysongs to determine quality, and to see how they exactly did this or that song that night. I found this evetulaly to be an empty way to listen to live music. I now eother listen to a show for real, or I do not own the CD.
There are certain show I very much need but they will come...
Studio outtkes I love a little more.
But I must say: today I listened to Vredenburg '03 and "Worried bout you" blew my sox off. Jagger and Ronnie were on fire. This is the frustrating thing with Ron: he keeps on coming back LOL
ChelseaDrugstore

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 21, 2005 04:20

Gazza, dude.

Wow!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 21, 2005 05:46

abput 700........

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 21, 2005 06:11

Gazaa, we bow down to your mighty collection. I only have about a dozen Stones concerts aside from the officially released stuff. What would you say are the four or five best concerts in your collection? Give us newer collectors a place to start smiling smiley

Date: September 21, 2005 11:41

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> Hi Gazza, I knewq that you had a lot but did not
> know you were that potent. I have questions now.
> Do you listen to many of them or just a select
> few?

a select few. Many shows dont really stand up to repeated listening as the quality isnt that great, plus so many are relatively similar

I mean, when you first get a show ( let's
> say, some obscure Milwaukee show from Lixtour) do
> you always check it out?

I'll check it out for sound quality and listen to a few songs to see what the performance is like. If its worthwhile, I'll listen to it properly. I have a hell of a backlog of shows to plough through however but luckily in the job I have I can sit at work with a walkman.

And then on a day to day
> basis do you just pop whatever show in?

well..I collect other artists too...(if anything since the torrent thing started, its got better (or worse, depending on how you look at it) because its easier to get new shows faster and you want to listen to them, and theres so many to get through

Or do you
> have some tracking system that tells you some
> notes about each show and then you know beforehand
> about quality and/or which tunes are especially
> good. Whne I still owned tons and tons I would
> have stickers on the cases telling me very quickly
> something that stood out and that identifies it
> for me.

well, I would have a spreadsheet where I list what I have for trade purposes and theyre graded on sound quality etc. As far as whats good and whats not, I simply have a good memory. LOL

Like this I actually kept track of almost
> every Liveshow I had. But to be honest, after a
> while when I would get a certain title of a
> certain tour I would just pop it in and check out
> certain keysongs to determine quality, and to see
> how they exactly did this or that song that night.
> I found this evetulaly to be an empty way to
> listen to live music. I now eother listen to a
> show for real, or I do not own the CD.

it gets that way too, but I have two ways of looking at it. Its both a personal archive when you look at it en masse (I also have about 700 hours on video as well) but there are also a sizeable enough amount of recordings that I'd listen to as a fan more so than as a collector

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 21, 2005 11:44

About 500 titles.

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: September 21, 2005 12:07

I have about 250 boots ( live + studio outtakes).I collect mostly live albums from the period 1964-1990 ( same goes for my videos/DVD collection).
From 1990 onwards I 've becomed much more demanding .The way they play and the sound are very much identical from one tour to another so I tend to collect only soundboard boots featuring new songs or old songs rarely played.

Date: September 21, 2005 12:11

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> Gazaa, we bow down to your mighty collection.

er. thanks..but I'm sure theres folks with more! Personally, I think its a sign of madness!

I
> only have about a dozen Stones concerts aside from
> the officially released stuff. What would you say
> are the four or five best concerts in your
> collection? Give us newer collectors a place to
> start

Hard to say, but its maybe easiest to do them on a tour by tour basis. My own choices as to the 'essentials' would be the same as most people on here, I would think

69 - Oakland (both shows)
71 - Leeds
72 - Fort worth (both shows), Charlotte (maybe not as great quality as the others but fine show)
73 Winter tour - Perth
73 Europe - Brussels affair, Timeless Europe (london)
75 - the LA shows (especially the 11th and 13th), although my fave show from that tour is NYC 27/6
76 - not my favourite tour, but theres some nice recordings of the Paris shows especially the last two (6th & 7th June). The soundboard from Knebworth is nice, although its not the full show
77 - the 30 minute soundboard from El Mocambo
78 - "Handsome girls" covers most of what you need from this tour. The Passaic soundboard is great quality too
79 - the "Blind Date" CNIB benefit (Stones and New Barbarians). the second show. Band are a bit rough, but its great fun
81 - Hampton (Tv broadcast), plus many of the soundboards that have circulated in the last couple of years.
82 - Theres a couple of incomplete soundboards, but a lot of good audience recordings. Gothenburg 19.6.82 is a nice one as is Munich 11.6.82
89 - The Atlantic City PPV show at the end of the tour (19/12) is the obvious one to get but the shows early in the tour had more interesting track lists, (Philly, Toronto, East Troy etc)
90 - Tokyo 26.2.90. A fantastic show and quite possibly the best 'stadium' concert of the band's career. From Europe, theres a nice BBC broadcast of Wembley 7.7.90 and a good soundboard from Madrid 16.6.90 (including a rare outing for 'Blinded by love') worth getting.
94 - the Miami PPV show from 25.11.94, although I think the New Orleans show from 10.10.94 (taken from radio and bootlegged as Voodoo Kiss, amongst others) is a better gig.
95 - A couple of fine broadcasts from the South American leg (Rio 4.2.95 and Buenos aires 17.2.95). You should get all 4 theatre shows from the European leg, however. (Amsterdam x 2, Paris and Brixton)
97 - I really like the Edmonton show on this tour (nice recording taken from a video soundboard and a superb show)
98 - some standouts from the US leg at the start of the year - all 3 MSG shows plus a radio broadcast from San Diego on 3rd February. The South American shows featured two live TV broadcasts (buenos aires 30/3 and Rio 11/4) which are breathtaking, although you'd need to see the videos to do them justice. Great shows, however. From Europe, the show in Bremen on 2.9.98 was broadcast on TV and is a good representation of that tour. Theres a nice soundboard from Paris too.
99 - No Security - I think the opening NS shows are the most interesting, Oakland 25.1.99 amongst others. The 2nd Hartford show (29/3) is also nice, although maybe I'm biased as I was at that one!
From the European tour, theres three must haves. The Shepherds Bush club show, and outstanding quality audience recordings from Imst and the first Wembley show (11/6/99)
Licks 2002/2003 - basically, get all the theatre shows. All are available in excellent quality. best arena shows, IMO - Oakland, Cleveland, London (29/8). Best stadium show - Anaheim (again, a bit of bias here perhaps!) although theres certainly better sound quality in other shows.

Now, i think I need to lie down....!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2005 12:15

I was told that Jumping Jack Sparrow from Shidoobee had the most. I could be wrong though.

I have around 120 boots (CD and DVD). Soon I'll have almost 200 from a trade.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 21, 2005 12:17

Which shows do you recommend from the 1970-tour?

Also, IMO Live In Japan 1995 (listened to it yesterday) must be mentioned.

Date: September 21, 2005 12:24

whoops, sorry - 1970 were good shows performance wise but its hard to find much in good sound quality. Try Essen ("Ice cream in the foyer") and a couple of the Paris shows

I remember being disappointed in the Tokyo '95 show when I saw it (I assume the one youre referring to is the 12/3/95 show from a TV broadcast) because I was hoping for something to match the 1990 gigs in the same venue. I thought the VL broadcast from there was a very 'flat' performance. I got it on DVD a while back and I still feel its an off-night.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 21, 2005 12:35

good choices, but from the 69 and 70 tour i'd rather pick the NYC shows (the band under full steam...!) and Hamburg 70 is one of my all time favourites: listen to SFTD and you'll know what i mean, jagger shouts his lungs out!
BTW....i do believe Stone-relics: like, if you collect all that is available from, for instance, Miami or New Orleans 1994 you're already at what, 15/20 cd's?
And if you've got stuff that isn't released as of yet? So bring em out, John ;-)

Gazza Wrote:
>
> 69 - Oakland (both shows)
> 71 - Leeds
> 72 - Fort worth (both shows), Charlotte (maybe not
> as great quality as the others but fine show)
> 73 Winter tour - Perth
> 73 Europe - Brussels affair, Timeless Europe
> (london)
> 75 - the LA shows (especially the 11th and 13th),
> although my fave show from that tour is NYC 27/6
> 76 - not my favourite tour, but theres some nice
> recordings of the Paris shows especially the last
> two (6th & 7th June). The soundboard from
> Knebworth is nice, although its not the full show
> 77 - the 30 minute soundboard from El Mocambo
> 78 - "Handsome girls" covers most of what you need
> from this tour. The Passaic soundboard is great
> quality too
> 79 - the "Blind Date" CNIB benefit (Stones and New
> Barbarians). the second show. Band are a bit
> rough, but its great fun
> 81 - Hampton (Tv broadcast), plus many of the
> soundboards that have circulated in the last
> couple of years.
> 82 - Theres a couple of incomplete soundboards,
> but a lot of good audience recordings. Gothenburg
> 19.6.82 is a nice one as is Munich 11.6.82
> 89 - The Atlantic City PPV show at the end of the
> tour (19/12) is the obvious one to get but the
> shows early in the tour had more interesting track
> lists, (Philly, Toronto, East Troy etc)
> 90 - Tokyo 26.2.90. A fantastic show and quite
> possibly the best 'stadium' concert of the band's
> career. From Europe, theres a nice BBC broadcast
> of Wembley 7.7.90 and a good soundboard from
> Madrid 16.6.90 (including a rare outing for
> 'Blinded by love') worth getting.
> 94 - the Miami PPV show from 25.11.94, although I
> think the New Orleans show from 10.10.94 (taken
> from radio and bootlegged as Voodoo Kiss, amongst
> others) is a better gig.
> 95 - A couple of fine broadcasts from the South
> American leg (Rio 4.2.95 and Buenos aires
> 17.2.95). You should get all 4 theatre shows from
> the European leg, however. (Amsterdam x 2, Paris
> and Brixton)
> 97 - I really like the Edmonton show on this tour
> (nice recording taken from a video soundboard and
> a superb show)
> 98 - some standouts from the US leg at the start
> of the year - all 3 MSG shows plus a radio
> broadcast from San Diego on 3rd February. The
> South American shows featured two live TV
> broadcasts (buenos aires 30/3 and Rio 11/4) which
> are breathtaking, although you'd need to see the
> videos to do them justice. Great shows, however.
> From Europe, the show in Bremen on 2.9.98 was
> broadcast on TV and is a good representation of
> that tour. Theres a nice soundboard from Paris
> too.
> 99 - No Security - I think the opening NS shows
> are the most interesting, Oakland 25.1.99 amongst
> others. The 2nd Hartford show (29/3) is also nice,
> although maybe I'm biased as I was at that one!
> From the European tour, theres three must haves.
> The Shepherds Bush club show, and outstanding
> quality audience recordings from Imst and the
> first Wembley show (11/6/99)
> Licks 2002/2003 - basically, get all the theatre
> shows. All are available in excellent quality.
> best arena shows, IMO - Oakland, Cleveland, London
> (29/8). Best stadium show - Anaheim (again, a bit
> of bias here perhaps!) although theres certainly
> better sound quality in other shows.
>
>
> Now, i think I need to lie down....!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2005 12:44

If you're talking about shows from late sixties to early seventies contact The Menace Of Mayfair. He's a true expert on that subject for sure.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: kees ()
Date: September 21, 2005 13:02

Some 800-1000 original bootleg Cd's, for the first time I am putting them in a database.
Some LP's from my earlier collecting days. Just a few DVD's dont really care for them.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: September 21, 2005 13:05

JJ Flash: I have some doulble Jap.titles. In case you have interest: klandvreugd@yahoo.com

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home