Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: Elton John - Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 15, 2019 19:47

RollingFreak
Where I do give him credit is he throws a bone every tour. They're largely similar but stuff like Bite Your Lip and many others do occasionally pop out. Its usually once or twice, but just saying he doesn't HAVE to do it at all. So he does mix it up, just not within a tour.

Indeed...in fact, there were six songs I heard last month that he didn't play the last time I saw him in 2014. Tour to tour, he's done a pretty good job in changing things up, and I've gotten to hear most of my personal favorites (deep cuts) over the years. And he would always throw in two or three songs from his latest album - and once, I recall, in 2005, he opened the show with eight straight songs from his recent "Peachtree Road" album - kind of crazy, but fortunately I knew the album and the songs were good, but the you could tell the audience was getting a bit restless...he didn't disappoint, though, by following up with close to two hours of familiar stuff!

Some added bonuses this tour are a couple of new instrumental jams (Levon with the percussion back-and-forth), plus the mere presence of Ray Cooper (Indian Sunset is such a highlight this tour). I've only seen Ray once with Elton (two-man show in 1994), so it was cool to finally see him as part of the full band.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 16, 2019 17:57

I really like the new song from the movie "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again". I hope it gets added to the setlist later this year.

Date: June 9, 2019 20:46

Saw him yesterday. Amazing show. Just amazing.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 9, 2019 23:10

Elton is due to be in Tampa, Florida on November 4. He had to reschedule from last year due to illness. I cannot believe the prices of the tickets (through brokers of course.) They are in the range of Stones tickets. Same situation with Queen and Adam Lambert who will be in Tampa in August. All my money is gone on my three Stones shows so I can't consider Elton or Queen.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 640
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home