Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Need Stones fans advice!
Posted by: danielb ()
Date: September 17, 2005 19:53

First off, I think the Stones are the greatest!

That being said, I had my first opportunity to see the band during their Forty Licks tour in 2002. Amazingly, I was lucky enough to score tickets to the Roseland gig in NYC. It was one of the most amazing concert experiences of my life, being a stone's throw from Mick in a room of less than 3000. (Having seen 63 Phish shows, and 20 Dead shows, that says a lot!)

Well, now that they are touring again, I am dying to go, but I am very conflicted. When I think of the band, I think of that night, and I'm afraid seeing them in a stadium or arena will dilute that experience. (And based on the cost of the tickets - I would be very far away!)

I know this sounds like a high-class problem, but I love the band very much, and don't want my memories of the experience to be anything less than it currently is.

Hopefully some fans can let me know what they think.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Stones fans advice!
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:10

Go and have a good time. Don't worry about past concert experiences and hoping that the show you're going to see lives up to them. You owe it to yourself as a Stones fan to see the boys rock 'n' roll as only they can! Have fun and lose yourself in the music! Take care and have fun!smiling smiley

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:15

HEY Danielb,
GO to any show you can, because No two shows are alike! They are always fantastic to see, they are so amazing no matter where you see them. There is so much energy and it's just too cool. Don't worry about seating, just like Stones89 said, lose yourself in the music!

It doesn't matter where you are at a Stones show, it only matters that you are there!! GO for it and be amazed again!!

Rock ON~
Colleen~aka~Mickschick!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:23

The stadium shows have been imo superior to the Licks shows - looser, riskier, w/ more glitches, but more vital as well. Less dependence on keyboards/horns. Great stage makes huge venues almost intimate, & they're having a great time, with many song arrangements less 'fixed' than on Licks. High energy level overall, Ron's 100% better, Mick's in a sort of late period prime, & Keith (also more drive & energy overall) & Ron - who are much louder & up front mix-wise, are playing together more. Plus you get the best drummer in rock & roll.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:35

danielb,

I was lucky enough to see the aragon and tower theater show. Nothing compares to seeing the band in that kind of environment. So don't go expecting the same type of show. It won't be as intimate. On the other hand, it is the Stones so treasure them while you may, because once they're gone . . . they're gone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2005 22:14

go baby go.
it won't "dilute" anything, it'll add another experience.
don't compare, just let it groove you - that's what it's for.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 17, 2005 22:51

Seriously, the thought of MISSING them this time around should concern you more than diluting your past experiences. You wont be let down.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:18

Lucky you. I would have loved to have gone to the Roseland show. Not just for the Stones but to see them jam with Jonny Lang, my absolute favorite performer and probably the sweetest, humblest person I have ever met.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:21

Laughs....... my first show was in the VL... and I has this problem in BTB (2 shows), Licks (7) and actually (2 and waiting they come to Europe).... mate.. your Roseland (how my Vredenburg) is history... got them NOW... cause they are better NOW than in the Licks, No Security, Bridges, Voodoo, etc... DonĀ“t let go this chance.... GO, GO, GO.......

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:54

Look... just follow my very accurate ENERGY FORECAST below... pick a date near you where the band's energy is indicated to be very high.

If you're in the NYC area, the show to see is probably that MSG date January 18th. That is forecast to be one of the highest-energy confluences on the whole tour.

Stones high-energy tour dates forecast is below:
[iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home