Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: David Cassidy RIP
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 23, 2017 15:35

A personal favorite, "Brown Eyes":

[www.youtube.com]

And, yes, to a guy my age, Laurie Partridge and Marcia Brady were hotties!

Later replaced by Valerie Bertinelli and Tiffani-Amber Thiessan.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 23, 2017 15:46

So he was like the Justin Bieber of the 70s?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 23, 2017 16:27

Koen
So he was like the Justin Bieber of the 70s?

Umm....no

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 23, 2017 18:57

Elmo Lewis

[www.youtube.com]

Even though I was the age of Cindy, I always thought Jan was the hottest.
Marcia wasn't too bad either, but Jan had more of a surfer girl look.
I was familiar with Valerie Bertinelli and One Day at a Time, and yes she was very good looking, but have no idea who Tiffani-Amber Thiessan is?!!!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 23, 2017 19:52

Hairball
Elmo Lewis

[www.youtube.com]

I was familiar with Valerie Bertinelli and One Day at a Time, and yes she was very good looking, but have no idea who Tiffani-Amber Thiessan is?!!!

I was Cindy's age as well, but liked Marcia...however, Jan looked great in the last season with the long hair & no glasses - I think that's when I made the switch!

I watched One Day at a Time, but wasn't a huge Val fan...I think Tiffani-Amber Thiessan was from several years later in the '90s - quite a jump in eras for sure. By that time, I had long made the transition to girls who weren't on TV!

Date: November 23, 2017 20:00

I remember Jan wearing glasses now that you remind me, but I think that was just a temporary trendy look she was going for mid-series haha - she was still hot! winking smiley
I think she wore braces at one point, (or maybe that was Marcia ?)...not very flattering.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 24, 2017 15:04

Jah Paul
Hairball
Elmo Lewis

[www.youtube.com]

I was Cindy's age as well, but liked Marcia...however, Jan looked great in the last season with the long hair & no glasses - I think that's when I made the switch!

I watched One Day at a Time, but wasn't a huge Val fan...I think Tiffani-Amber Thiessan was from several years later in the '90s - quite a jump in eras for sure. By that time, I had long made the transition to girls who weren't on TV!

[www.youtube.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 24, 2017 22:12

Date: November 25, 2017 00:44

Hmmm..."so much wasted time"...that's poignant.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: November 25, 2017 06:11

One hundred percent grade-A pablum, the Ayatollah of the teen idol industry, a hybrid Frankenstein creation of Hollywood and anti-pimple cream manufacturers, unthreatening sexuality delivered in a porcelain baby bottle.

That people get nostalgic for this tells you how manipulated we are.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 25, 2017 15:31

Pietro
One hundred percent grade-A pablum, the Ayatollah of the teen idol industry, a hybrid Frankenstein creation of Hollywood and anti-pimple cream manufacturers, unthreatening sexuality delivered in a porcelain baby bottle.

Uh...this was a human being who has passed. A little respect please.

Date: November 25, 2017 17:45

Pietro

Pretty rude statement. A person has passed away. What part dont you get?

Date: November 25, 2017 19:55

Hairball
Hmmm..."so much wasted time"...that's poignant.

Just heard this on KTLA news this morning. "So much wasted time." Kinda set me back in my chair.

Scotty

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: November 25, 2017 21:00

Pietro

Maybe you're not from around here (the USA). David wasn't quite in the manufactured teen idol mold. He was the son of Jack Cassidy, who was a widely known, somewhat offbeat stage and television actor. David had already been on Broadway by the time he was selected for Partridge Family, although the play had a very short run. He had some talent and a mind of his own.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 25, 2017 21:42

Pietro
... unthreatening sexuality ...

Considering that the target audience was primarily pre-teen and tween girls, I would be concerned if it wasn’t.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 25, 2017 23:06

Pietro

I wasn't a fan, either, but he was a person. One who has just passed away.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 25, 2017 23:43

as is said...
It is not a proper IORR R.I.P. thread until someone shows up talking shite about the recently deceased, it happens every time.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 26, 2017 00:13

Pietro

Whats wrong with you?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 26, 2017 01:01

As a baby boomer, David Cassidy, was a HUGE deal in his era.Bieber
cannot handle a candle next to his.
He had more fan club members than the Beatles and the girls
loved him. Every guy wanted the shag haircut he sported.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2017 02:40

More Hot Rocks
Pietro

Whats wrong with you?

Indeed what's wrong with you......................the whole Rock and Roll thing is on based him and Elvis , Cliff, Beatles he got everything we wanted,loved by the girls and make music or muzak or what ever you called it............................

Date: November 27, 2017 04:00

NICOS
More Hot Rocks
Pietro

Whats wrong with you?

Indeed what's wrong with you......................the whole Rock and Roll thing is on based him and Elvis , Cliff, Beatles he got everything we wanted,loved by the girls and make music or muzak or what ever you called it............................

Hey NICOS you are clueless. Why don't you look at the other peoples comments above mine? Geeeez. Don't you know anything about respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-27 04:07 by Cooltoplady.

Date: November 27, 2017 21:19

I get it. Don't speak ill of the dead or zombies and werewolves will emerge from the woods and eat you limb by limb. Plus the graveyards will empty.

I stand by what I said. There is a reason why the word "industry" sometimes follows the word "music." David Cassiday was invented by the industry. He wasn't from the music side.

I hear Leif Garrett is in bad health. Please start composing your tributes now so you can chime in when doomsday arrives.

Date: November 27, 2017 21:48

Manufactured or not, he meant alot to millions of people - what's the problem?
This is a RIP thread for somebody that played a big part in many people's lives, not sure why you feel the need to soil it with your opinion of what's worthy?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 27, 2017 22:53

Pietro
I get it. Don't speak ill of the dead or zombies and werewolves will emerge from the woods and eat you limb by limb. Plus the graveyards will empty.

I stand by what I said. There is a reason why the word "industry" sometimes follows the word "music." David Cassiday was invented by the industry. He wasn't from the music side.

I hear Leif Garrett is in bad health. Please start composing your tributes now so you can chime in when doomsday arrives.

did someone piss in your cheerios this morning?

Date: November 27, 2017 22:57

Hairball
This is a RIP thread for somebody that played a big part in many people's lives.

Your life by necessity would be very small if David Cassidy, his bubblegum music and his trite TV show played a big part in it.

Which gets back to my original point -- the under assistant west coast promo man did a job on you if you remember David Cassidy fondly. I grew up near Hollywood. I know how it works. Some advertisers get together with some music industry hacks to create a teen idol and a TV show with the aim of selling more pimple cream. Forty-five years later, thanks to some fine A&R work by the under assistant west coast promo man, the whole sorry episode is shrouded in oozy clouds of nostalgia.

ON: IORR is about the Stones, no? One reason I latched onto the Stones is they made such a fine contrast to David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Leif Garrett, Donny Osmond and the rest of that crew who will, OT, probably be eulogized here as well.

Date: November 27, 2017 23:07

Pietro
Hairball
This is a RIP thread for somebody that played a big part in many people's lives.

Your life by necessity would be very small if David Cassidy, his bubblegum music and his trite TV show played a big part in it.

Which gets back to my original point -- the under assistant west coast promo man did a job on you if you remember David Cassidy fondly. I grew up near Hollywood. I know how it works. Some advertisers get together with some music industry hacks to create a teen idol and a TV show with the aim of selling more pimple cream. Forty-five years later, thanks to some fine A&R work by the under assistant west coast promo man, the whole sorry episode is shrouded in oozy clouds of nostalgia.

ON: IORR is about the Stones, no? One reason I latched onto the Stones is they made such a fine contrast to David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Leif Garrett, Donny Osmond and the rest of that crew who will, OT, probably be eulogized here as well.

I also grew up near Hollywood and understand the business, but what does that have to do with pissing all over a RIP thread?
Are you saying people are wrong who have nostaligic memories for someone they grew up with and/or are mocking those people?
I'm sure we would all agree that the Stones are the real deal in comparison to those you mention, but really don't understand you're agenda here.
You might have some valid points, but if you really don't like the thread or the fact that people are paying their respects, why not just ignore it?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 27, 2017 23:56

Pietro
Hairball

Quick heads up to clear up a couple of obvious misunderstandings you have.
"IORR is about the Stones, no?" - When you see the letters "OT" they stand for "Off Topic",not Okay to Trash- and When you see the letters "RIP" they stand for "Rest In Peace", not Rip Into Person...
Sounds like you were no where near "knowing how it works in Hollywood" in that era, as you were likely a pimply faced teen/pre-teen like the rest of us, finding your "contrast to David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman".. et al.

Lastly, likely a little late in life now, but Good Lawd, learn some manners.
Easy thread to pass over.

Date: November 28, 2017 00:19

Pietro

I stand by what I said. There is a reason why the word "industry" sometimes follows the word "music." David Cassidy was invented by the industry. He wasn't from the music side.

At this point you appear to be one of the "ban brigaders" hoping to bait someone into saying something honest to you, so you and your cronies can gang up and report them to get them banned.

Date: November 28, 2017 00:22

The ban brigade and their little tricks they pull here on IORR trying to control what is said by who.

Just be aware that it goes on and avoid it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 28, 2017 00:30

Leonioid
Pietro

I stand by what I said. There is a reason why the word "industry" sometimes follows the word "music." David Cassidy was invented by the industry. He wasn't from the music side.

At this point you appear to be one of the "ban brigaders" hoping to bait someone into saying something honest to you, so you and your cronies can gang up and report them to get them banned.

I doubt it very much...people that behave like this don't normally have enough friends that they could even assemble a group of 'cronies'.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home