Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: David Cassidy in critical condition (organ failure suspected)
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 20, 2017 19:01

Side note on Susan Dey: I had forgotten that she played a role on LA Law, Grace Van Owen, with actors Jimmy Smits and Harry Hamlin, among others.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 22, 2017 00:49

I was born in 67 and the show was part of my life growing up. I knew I was a little too young for David Cassidy so by default, made Danny my favorite (ha). In terms of pre-teen idol crushes, I was more aligned with the timing of Shawn Cassidy.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 22, 2017 00:59

MisterO
I can remember it still, Friday night at 8:00PM was the Brady Bunch followed by the Partridge Family at 8:30.

thumbs up Friday!!
Between Laurie Partridge and Marcia (Marcia Marcia) Brady... o O O eye popping smiley
I was on the highway to hell at a young age..

MisterO
Every day is a gift and I wish my brothers and sisters here at IORR the best of health and happiness.

Indeeedsmileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:14

Rip

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:20

RIP David Cassidy

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:32

RIP

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:40

RIP

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: November 22, 2017 05:41

Dammit

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:08

Sorry to hear about his passing. I must confess, I know nada re his music, having never watched The Partridge Family, nor The Brady Bunch, for that matter. RIP, Mister Cassidy.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:10

RIP David Cassidy.. like his very talented father, too young.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:34

Very sad...RIP.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:55

RIP

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:57

Sadly...RIP

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 09:35

RIP David aka Keith Partridge. The Partridge Family was modeled after The Cowsills. David's tv mom Shirley Jones was his real life step mom.

OT: David Cassidy passses away at age 67
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 22, 2017 10:04

R.I.P. David sad smiley

David Cassidy, passes away at 67
November 21, 2017 6:01PM PT

David Cassidy, pop culture idol of the 1970s, passed away Tuesday in a Florida hospital. The musician and actor was 67.

His publicist JoAnn Geffen confirmed his death, with a statement from his family. “On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy. David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.”

He had been hospitalized for several days with organ failure. Cassidy announced his diagnosis with dementia in early 2017. He performed at the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York in March, talking about his dementia, and said his arthritis made playing guitar an ordeal.

Cassidy was every girl’s favorite teen crush in the early 1970s and drew screaming crowds at concert appearances. David Cassidy was part of a show business family that included his father, Tony-winning actor Jack Cassidy, stepmother Shirley Jones, half-brother Shaun Cassidy and daughter, actress Katie Cassidy.

Raised in New Jersey, Cassidy moved to Los Angeles in 1969 after starring in a Broadway musical that closed after only four performances. In 1970, after signing with Universal, Cassidy took on the role of older brother Keith Partridge in “The Partridge Family.” Keith was the son of Shirley Partridge, who was played by Jones.

The ABC sitcom was loosely based on real-life family musical act the Cowsills, and ran from 1970 to 1974. The show became popular for its squeaky clean portrayal of life on the road as a family rock band in a brightly painted bus. In addition to Cassidy and Jones, “The Partridge Family” starred Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce and Suzanne Crough as the family’s other children, and Dave Madden as manager Ruben Kincaid.

Cassidy and Jones were the only cast members who were allowed to actually sing; the other kids lip-synced, while the Wrecking Crew provided musical backup. Theme song “C’mon Get Happy” became one of TV’s most enduring songs, and helped launch Cassidy’s musical career.

After the singles “I Think I Love You” and “Cherish” took off, Cassidy began working on solo albums as well. He regularly sold out stadiums, leading to commentators to coin the phrase “Cassidymania.” Several of his shows resulted in riots or mass hysteria, including one notable 1974 performance in Australia, which garnered calls for Cassidy to be deported from the country.

At a 1974 London concert, nearly 800 people were injured in a stampede at a Cassidy concert, and one teenage girl died a few days later. He stopped touring and acting soon after, concentrating on recording, and had a hit with “I Write the Songs” before Barry Manilow made it part of his act.

In musical theater, he performed in “Little Johnny Jones,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Time” and “Blood Brothers” and created the Vegas shows “The Rat Pack is Back” and “At the Copa.”

Cassidy was Emmy nominated for a guest role on a “Police Story” episode “A Chance to Live.” NBC based the series “David Cassidy – Man Undercover” on the segment, but it lasted just one season. He also made guest appearances on shows including “Fantasy Island,” “The Love Boat” and “Tales of the Unexpected.”

In the decades that followed, Cassidy continued to perform in Las Vegas and tour. At later shows, Cassidy was known for participating in Q&A sessions at his concerts. He also played the manager of Aaron Carter’s character in the 2005 film “Popstar” and starred with half-brother Patrick in “Ruby and the Rockits,” created by his half-brother Shaun.

He is survived by step-mother Shirley Jones, half-brothers Shaun, Patrick and Ryan; daughter Katie Cassidy and son, Beau Cassidy.

edited from [variety.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-22 10:09 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: November 22, 2017 12:37

R.I.P.

He was incredibly successful in the early 70’s. There was a period when he was more popular than Elvis and sold out huge football stadiums in the US and Australia. Sure he was a hyped teenage sensation and he burned out quick, but he was also a very talented musician and entertainer.

Hope he is in peace now.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 22, 2017 15:29

Born in 1964, The Partridge Family was my first introduction to Rock N' Roll.
My favorite TV show as a kid...albums, posters, lunch box.

RIP

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 22, 2017 15:32

RIP,,,

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 22, 2017 17:21

R.I.P. David Cassidy

[www.youtube.com]

OT: R.I.P. David Cassidy
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 22, 2017 17:26

keefriff99
OT: David Cassidy in critical condition (organ failure suspected)

keefriff, perhaps it would be a good idea to change the thread title...

Re: OT: R.I.P. David Cassidy
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 17:30

schillid
keefriff99
OT: David Cassidy in critical condition (organ failure suspected)

keefriff, perhaps it would be a good idea to change the thread title...

Good idea...done. Thanks.

Re: OT: David Cassidy RIP
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 22, 2017 17:36

My sympathy to his family and friends. Very unfortunate.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 22, 2017 18:02

Looking through my 45's, found "I Think I Love You" exclusively on Bell Records. The best scene was Laurie and her dental work since she could hear the Stones tuned in her mouth. David was cool, calm, and collected. This hooked me on the Partridge Family and I knew that the Stones were on top. RIP David.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 22, 2017 19:17

Just might have to spin this one tonight in his honor...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 22, 2017 19:58

Really sad to hear this. Just like ABBA later on, David Cassidy was not exactly "en vogue" amongst us "serious rock fans" back then, but "Rock Me Baby" won me over and convinced me that this guy really had talent. Not that I became a fan in general, but this single still has a big place in my heart. Probably because of the "stonesy" sound! Will give it a few spins tonight...along with "I Write The Songs"...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 22, 2017 20:42

A long time ago, I remember watching some sort of "behind the scenes" footage of the Partridge Family...David was on the set sitting with Danny, playing electric guitar, jamming on I think "Purple Haze" or some other Hendrix tune. Bonaduce looked into the camera and said, "You won't be hearing anything like this on the show." It was a cool moment.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 21:28

david cassisdy rip at 67

rodney bewes of the likely lads rip at 79

jana novotna ex tennis champ rip at 49

sad year 2017 has been.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 23, 2017 00:51

RIP David, I also watched you too way back when. These things echo in the collective consciousness of people of a certain age. It was a fun show and from what in many ways was a happier time.

Anybody remember Room 222 from the same era? Forget Laurie Partridge, Karen Valentine was my super babe.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2017 02:36

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:31

schillid
R.I.P. David Cassidy

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for sharing

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home