Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: some regulars don`t post anymore
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2017 02:11

SomeTorontoGirl
latebloomer
...I've started several threads over the years that sunk like a rock. It used to hurt my feelings a bit, especially when it took me some time to cut and paste, and deal with Photobucket...not to mention the effort I put into crafting a brilliant and insightful comment... grinning smiley.

I used to have a complex... I’d post on an interesting thread, and that would be it, the thread would die. For a while I thought I was the person whose comments would kill perfectly good threads, stopped posting for a while. But people can’t read everything, or reply to it. It’s a pretty open board for the most part. A few famous fueds, some drama, but nowhere else I’d rather be in cyberspace than with you lot.

I will not let your post kill this thread. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 02:12

Here's an oldie ......

Some Australian guy .... Stones Doug...... GAZZA .... Adrian ..... StonesTod

Cabbage Patch Hotel -- Twickenham 2006

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 02:16 by Rockman.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2017 02:38

Hairball
I will not let your post kill this thread. smiling smiley

Hahahahaha! I was wondering if I’d done it again. Thanks sweetie! [Smooch!]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2017 02:40

TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
I miss Gazza, CindyC, StonesTodd/T&A, Babbon Bro. I wish there was a amnesty program so bring these folks back into the fold .

Yup. Especially miss Gazza on his birthday. And on that note, I should likely get up and have a shower. grinning smiley
What was his saying when he at times used to say " A shower of something (I think it was a word for illegitimate kids ?)

"A shower of bastards". winking smiley

No need for an amnesty. I was never barred. I just thought I'd said all I needed to say so decided to just lurk occasionally instead. Thanks for the nice sentiments, though.

Hope you're all well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 02:42 by Gazza.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2017 03:13

Gazza
TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
TheGreek
I miss Gazza, CindyC, StonesTodd/T&A, Babbon Bro. I wish there was a amnesty program so bring these folks back into the fold .

Yup. Especially miss Gazza on his birthday. And on that note, I should likely get up and have a shower. grinning smiley
What was his saying when he at times used to say " A shower of something (I think it was a word for illegitimate kids ?)

"A shower of bastards". winking smiley

No need for an amnesty. I was never barred. I just thought I'd said all I needed to say so decided to just lurk occasionally instead. Thanks for the nice sentiments, though.

Hope you're all well.

There is hope for the world. Gazza lives! Ireland is saved. I better check Van Morrison's twitter feed.

For the newbies on the board, WHO THE F*UCK IS GAZZA!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2017 03:19

The Sicilian
There is hope for the world. Gazza lives! Ireland is saved. I better check Van Morrison's twitter feed.

For the newbies on the board, WHO THE F*UCK IS GAZZA!

Wasn't the best line the one from the guy who got annoyed with Gazza and spewed "F*** you Gazza, will ya?" or some gibberish to that effect? We need more Gazza!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 21, 2017 04:21

Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

Some Australian guy .... Stones Doug...... GAZZA .... Adrian ..... StonesTod

Cabbage Patch Hotel -- Twickenham 2006

I see four people and five names. Unless Stones Doug is lurking behind a beer? And I always thought that Gazza would be a Middle Eastern gentleman. Is he a robust Irish man with a thick Irish brouge? That would mess up the voice I always had for him in my head.

Am I safe in assuming that it is StonesTod on the far right? I really liked his brilliant deadpan. Not sure about his health status but I hope he is well. Perhaps he lurks from time to time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 04:32

Yeah Stones Doug behind beer .... Gazza middle eastern !!!
maybe ya getting mixed up with the Gaza Strip .......Tod yeah heard he had health issues.. hope he's okay....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 21, 2017 04:54

Rockman
Yeah Stones Doug behind beer .... Gazza middle eastern !!!
maybe ya getting mixed up with the Gaza Strip .......Tod yeah heard he had health issues.. hope he's okay....

I had fantasies of him getting his Stones records through some kind of Underground Railroad just like the old days in Eastern Europe. Now it's all ruined!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2017 04:57

I feel the concern articulated in this thread. This site used be the one to talk about anything considering the Stones. And people have something to say. Now all I can see is just 'hairballing' every damn thread, nothing to say but just offering so called 'opinions'. Discuss there, my ass.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 05:00 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2017 05:00

Lol...preparing for another rampage and meltdown...eye rolling smiley

Date: November 21, 2017 05:03

Hairball
Lol...preparing for another rampage and meltdown...eye rolling smiley

Indeed. I am sure you must be thrilled.

- Doxa

Date: November 21, 2017 05:03

Ugh. thumbs down

Date: November 21, 2017 05:16

Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Don't worry. I am sure everybody in this site is love to hear your 'unique', never heard before opinion - like Keith Richards is the genius and the 'Rolling Stones' and Mick Jagger is an talentless, immoral @#$%&.

That's the 'contribution' to share to every damn thread.

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 05:17 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2017 05:24

Doxa
Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Don't worry. I am sure everybody in this site is love to hear your 'unique', never heard before opinion - like Keith Richards is the genius and the 'Rolling Stones' and Mick Jagger is an talentless, immoral @#$%&.

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

I think you've lost the plot Doxa.
Maybe you could write another long winded essay and plaster it all over multiple sites, or maybe you could draw attention to some old posts of yours to show how intelligent and articulate they were.
Or maybe -just maybe - you could ignore everything I post as I've chosen to do with everything you post.thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2017 05:37

Hairball
Doxa
Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

Maybe you could write another long winded essay and plaster it all over multiple sites, or maybe you could draw attention to some old posts of yours to show how intelligent and articulate they were.
Or maybe -just maybe - you could ignore everything I post as I've chosen to do with everything you post.thumbs up

To say it simply: Because of you I don't feel too much writing anymore in this site. When I happen to write I really need have something to say, but I don't like 'communicate' very much. Take credit of that. You rule. You are everywhere in this site, offering your dear opinions about anything. Nothing wrong with that. But the you talk I just don't like and apprecitate. It's cheap and ugly. Especialy the repitition.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 05:38 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2017 05:47

Doxa
Hairball
Doxa
Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

To say it simply: Because of you I don't feel too much writing anymore in this site. When I happen to write I really need have something to say, but I don't like 'communicate' very much. Take credit of that. You rule. You are everywhere in this site, offering your dear opinions about anything. Nothing wrong with that. But the you talk I just don't like and apprecitate. It's cheap and ugly. Especialy the repitition.

- Doxa

Hmmm...let's see here...the last couple of days I've been praising Mick and the Red Devils album. I've never called the Rolling Stones and/or Mick Jagger "talentless". And I haven't written anything completely pro-Keith in a long time (other than I would like to hear some new solo material from him). And finally, there have been no Keith vs. Mick conversations in recent memory that I'm aware of. So whats your problem? But never mind - I can see this is going nowhere fast...eye rolling smiley ..I promised myself I would ignore your condescending negativity, and hope you can find the strength to do the same.

Date: November 21, 2017 05:55

Hairball
Doxa
Hairball
Doxa
Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

- Doxa

Hmmm...let's see here...the last couple of days I've been praising Mick and the Red Devils album. I've never called the Rolling Stones and/or Mick Jagger "talentless". And I haven't written anything completely pro-Keith in a long time (other than I would like to hear some new solo material from him). And finally, there have been no Keith vs. Mick conversations in recent memory that I'm aware of. So whats your problem? But never mind - I can see this is going nowhere fast...eye rolling smiley ..I promised myself I would ignore your condescending negativity, and hope you can find the strength to do the same.

Blah blah blah. Are you a grown man?

- Doxa

Date: November 21, 2017 05:58

As anticipated, the meltdown is happening with no rhyme or reason...maybe you've been drinking too much again?
I think you've derailed this thread enough now.

Bye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 06:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 21, 2017 06:15

Ummm...

I want to encourage Gazza to come out of the lurker mode more often!
Hello, matey! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 21, 2017 06:19

I truely miss a real discussion, even a heated debate, about some trivial Rolling Stones triviliaty... We used to have that, I remember...

But instead of that we have Hairball-kinda thing in every damn thread, just bullshitting, speculation based solely on some personal preferences, with no any sense - or care- of facts. Keith this and Mick that blah blah blah.

Nowadays what else there is more to say but but: I Love/hate Mick, I love/hate Keith..... Me Me Me Me Me.... My OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!

Oh @#$%&.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 06:22 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2017 06:33

It seems you're obsessed Doxa...it's kind of like having my own personal troll following me around who makes up lies about what I post for some reason.
Maybe it's just because you like hearing yourself ramble on ad nauseum...? Honestly, you're tirade is quite bizarre and you're completely fabricating and exaggerating everything.
Maybe take another time out to vent out your frustrations, and when you gather your wits just try and ignore my posts - it's not that hard.

Date: November 21, 2017 07:14

Hairball
It seems you're obsessed Doxa...it's kind of like having my own personal troll following me around who makes up lies about what I post for some reason.
Maybe it's just because you like hearing yourself ramble on ad nauseum...? Honestly, you're tirade is quite bizarre and you're completely fabricating and exaggerating everything.
Maybe take another time out to vent out your frustrations, and when you gather your wits just try and ignore my posts - it's not that hard.

No I am not obsessed and neither I am not going to that cheap personal level as you do in the lack of better arguments.

No, I am just sad. I am sad due to sentiments expressed in his very thread and sad due the people who do not have contributed here any longer. I miss them. And sad because I remeneber all those conversations through which I get to know and understand so much more about the Stones and so many insights related to them.

I have always thought that this site is much more than the random contributors. Probably because I am just a huge fan of discussion an sich.... I have always felt privileged to take part on the discussion over here. You know, talk about the Stones and everything... It has been an priviledge to voice my own thoughts and it has been thrilling to get my thoughts put under a deeper 'scrutiny' here - some of them liked, some not, some accepted, some laughed out of the court... I don't take any of this very personal, but just a discourse some people all over the world might enjoy taking apart...

Everytime I write, I just do it for the joy of myself. But at the same time I think there is a a much larger audience 'out there' who might find something interesting in my words. So I write to them, actually. Like now. Yeah, it could be that I put myself now in a difficult position. Sounding rather 'personal'. I might look bad now, I admit, but at I need to ask myself: someone needs to do this, say all these things, and if not me, who? In a way, I feel like I have a responsibility - who else than me could voice all these concerns?

Yeah, it could be that it's 'only me' - no one else sees any problem. Just me being 'crazy'. But I have also learned to think that - contrast to any so usual hype of one's individuality (Me! Me Me!) or 'authenticity' - I am nothing anything extraordinary in any sense - if some idea occurs to me, most likely it does occur to many other people as well.

These were just some thoughts. Pardon me.

- Doxa

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 07:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 21, 2017 07:23

Marhsall
I used to post very regularly & have been around for decades.

I.M.H.O., I just got very frustrated trying to start discussions/threads & it always turned into a pissing contest of who knew it first, I knew it before you did & I'm a bigger fan than you.

I always thought of this board as THE board for everything Stones, where you could share your love for the band, the music & ask anything you could ever dream of & have the most obscure question answered by 10-20 of the greatest, smartest members in less half a hour and have more information than any book could tell you.

Then the past couple years it seems dominated by arrogant 'know it all's' elites, who instead of sharing the knowledge of the greatest rock and roll band in the world, would rather crap all over the newbies as if this board was only created to showcase just how much they know about The Rolling Stones.

Your eloquence is surpassed only by your accuracy.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 21, 2017 07:28

We're all Stones fans with different backgrounds, different tastes, different perspectives, different priorities, etc., etc., etc.. There should be mutual respect of others opinions and thoughts, and if someone doesn't like something, they should simply ignore it. bv runs this board and is the only moderator, so for someone other than bv to take it upon themselves to set someone straight seems sort of odd imo.

angee
Ummm...

I want to encourage Gazza to come out of the lurker mode more often!
Hello, matey! cool smiley

Indeed - those were the days when people like Gazza and Stonestod (along with several other MIA's) could post knowledgable facts and opinions in a lighthearted fashion, and there was a certain camaraderie amongst most everyone. For the most part, there was mutual respect amongst many of the posters here - no matter how much one praised, critiqued, or ranted (and some of that still exists amongst many). Gazza's fair and balanced posts and reviews- including the good, the bad, and the ugly - were usually thought provoking and filled with factoids that I learned alot from. There wasn't much personal animosity between members that I can recall, and there was never a dark cloud or the threat of being bullied or silenced by others that some are expressing they've experienced. Those were the days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 07:30 by Hairball.

Date: November 21, 2017 07:46

Hairball

Indeed - those were the days when people like Gazza and Stonestod (along with several other MIA's) could post knowledgable facts and opinions in a lighthearted fashion, and there was a certain camaraderie amongst most everyone. For the most part, there was mutual respect amongst many of the posters here - no matter how much one praised, critiqued, or ranted (and some of that still exists amongst many). Gazza's fair and balanced posts and reviews- including the good, the bad, and the ugly - were usually thought provoking and filled with factoids that I learned alot from. There wasn't much personal animosity between members that I can recall, and there was never a dark cloud or the threat of being bullied or silenced by others that some are expressing they've experienced. Those were the days...

Yes indeed. Those were the days. But aren't we happy now that we have now your opinions repeated here and there all over here now? Like Trump, you are a winner! Be happy! You have lotsa room now!

- Doxa

Date: November 21, 2017 07:51

Wow...strange days...eye rolling smiley

Not sure which part of this you didn't understand:

" if someone doesn't like something, they should simply ignore it. bv runs this board and is the only moderator, so for someone other than bv to take it upon themselves to set someone straight seems sort of odd imo".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 07:53 by Hairball.

Date: November 21, 2017 08:00

Hairball
Wow...strange days...eye rolling smiley

Not sure which part of this you didn't understand:

" if someone doesn't like something, they should simply ignore it. bv runs this board and is the only moderator, so for someone other than bv to take it upon themselves to set someone straight seems sort of odd imo".

If you really have such a big issue with me why don't you run to your authotity BV and see if he can help you. I am sure you would be so happy if this site would be without me. I am sure you will so proud of telling everybody 'now everything's cool, since I got that @#$%& Doxa out of here'. Suits damn well to the tone of this thread.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 08:01 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2017 08:03

I have absolutely no issue with you until you mention my name in one of your bizarre rants as you did above.
Otherwise, you are nobody to me.

And for the record, I have never reported a single post or person to bv for any reason - he can vouch for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 08:04 by Hairball.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 21, 2017 08:13

SomeTorontoGirl
The Sicilian
Lukester, SweetCharmedLife, Gazza, CindyC, SwayStones, Max'sKansasCity, Cafaro, SomeTorontoGirltongue sticking out smiley and many others...

I see Erik_Snow has returned from the Dagobah system with his broken diskman.

Maybe BV can post the NOC list of banned members.

Same for the current users.

Yeah, I miss ‘em, even Charmer. A gal needs a good Nemesis. winking smiley

I'll be sure to let him know drinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home