Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Paris show-2 France 22-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:51

Topi
schwonek
Topi
Sights seen today: Marlon Richards, Patti Hansen, dog, Ronnie and his family.

Hey Topi, same dog as in Hamburg?

Yup! The pouring rain is going to kill all hopes for any autographs...even from the dog.
smileys with beer

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:54

frankotero
Hmm, starting to sound like personal preference to me. Nothing wrong with that either. Personally I like Paris2 best. The gigs I saw were Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Arnhem and of course Paris2 my favorite of all. They were all special for different reasons sometimes. For instance I loved the street fest in Arnhem where I got to speak with a few fans. Hamburg of course we got Play With Fire and 22 songs. Dusseldorf was a blistering performance in my opinion. I love them all, but this gig even took my higher.

Yeah i agree and i have a problem with people telling me Keith was not so good when i just saw him with my own eyes and ears as good as i have seen him for over ten years.
In Paris two the guy moves, he plays fluently, he kicks ass and prowls the stage like a caged Panther and i was amazed by my Keith fix.

Ok ok, Keith is my man, and its who i focus on most, but i know keith , i have seen his problems in the opening shows, but what i saw from last night proved he still has it, he was brilliant, as was Mick. Ronnie not so much, deal with it haters.

Keith is back, don't be so depressed about it. !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 20:56 by stone4ever.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:04

Can you tell us more about Ronnie ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:18

Yes, I'm quite surprized because Ronnie was Magic on Thursday, really better than Keith.

Date: October 23, 2017 21:19

crumbling_mice
SFTD shouldn't be retired, it should be re-worked and more dark guitar riffs added and take out the karaoke elements. I'll give Chuck credit for playing better piano on the opening though, it was a real bug bear of mine on the last tour when he played that dreadful intro.

SFTD is one of the greatest Stones songs but has lost it's way a little. It wouldn't take much for Ronnie to play the opening like the GYYAs and Love you live versions and then get a real samba beat going....I reckon Keith could still play a half decent solo on it if he wanted to rather than those awful licks he's squeezed to death on the last few tours.

Seems like it was a good gig and the clips attest to that....certainly the band seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves, Thursday beckons.....then a winter off and back to the good old Uk!

Yes Keith could play a blistering lead solo if he wanted to, but i believe its like a protest, he doesn't like the way its presented now. It was the most shocking Stones song ever, it was the Stones asking if the world's elite through history have been acting out as Lucifer, like are they doing his work, we all have our own take in these lyrics. It had a gut to it, it had anger and frustration combined with Micks incredible arrogance as if he ( or we ) were Lucifer in the lyric.
Now it sounds like a pathetic teenage chorus production from the Pop Idol team with its whiny Whoo whoo and Chuck ping ping keyboard crap.
Keith does actually save this song live with his blistering heavy handed spurts of magic. Keith has also showed he can play the solo when he feels like it on this tour. When he feels like it !!

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:35

john lomax
barbabang
"The Keith I'm seeing now is better than the last part of the ABB tour (although the final three O2 performances then were good);"

I agree with you there IGTBA.

Yes I agree too. The 2007 leg of ABB wasn't great until they got to London.

last O2 was catastrophic for Keith, like Paris 2007.
Lyon Lausanne Dublin were great concerts!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:48

stone4ever
crumbling_mice
SFTD shouldn't be retired, it should be re-worked and more dark guitar riffs added and take out the karaoke elements. I'll give Chuck credit for playing better piano on the opening though, it was a real bug bear of mine on the last tour when he played that dreadful intro.

SFTD is one of the greatest Stones songs but has lost it's way a little. It wouldn't take much for Ronnie to play the opening like the GYYAs and Love you live versions and then get a real samba beat going....I reckon Keith could still play a half decent solo on it if he wanted to rather than those awful licks he's squeezed to death on the last few tours.

Seems like it was a good gig and the clips attest to that....certainly the band seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves, Thursday beckons.....then a winter off and back to the good old Uk!

Yes Keith could play a blistering lead solo if he wanted to, but i believe its like a protest, he doesn't like the way its presented now. It was the most shocking Stones song ever, it was the Stones asking if the world's elite through history have been acting out as Lucifer, like are they doing his work, we all have our own take in these lyrics. It had a gut to it, it had anger and frustration combined with Micks incredible arrogance as if he ( or we ) were Lucifer in the lyric.
Now it sounds like a pathetic teenage chorus production from the Pop Idol team with its whiny Whoo whoo and Chuck ping ping keyboard crap.
Keith does actually save this song live with his blistering heavy handed spurts of magic. Keith has also showed he can play the solo when he feels like it on this tour. When he feels like it !!

A bit harsh maybe, but, yes, basically you nailed it. However, Sympathy's worst moment was in 2007 (last London gig, last show of the tour) when family members came on stage stage to do the Woo-Hoo singalongs. That's when Sympathy finally entered the realms of family entertainment. Unbelievable. Could not have happened in 1969!

However, I don't think that Keith is actively "protesting" against the song how it is presented nowadays. I think he is just plain bored and not into it. He just does not take it serious anymore most of the time. But when he's on, he's on.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:48

"Keith could play a blistering lead solo if he wanted to"

Not sure. Probably not.

Date: October 23, 2017 21:59

retired_dog
stone4ever
crumbling_mice

A bit harsh maybe, but, yes, basically you nailed it. However, Sympathy's worst moment was in 2007 (last London gig, last show of the tour) when family members came on stage stage to do the Woo-Hoo singalongs. That's when Sympathy finally entered the realms of family entertainment. Unbelievable. Could not have happened in 1969!

However, I don't think that Keith is actively "protesting" against the song how it is presented nowadays. I think he is just plain bored and not into it. He just does not take it serious anymore most of the time. But when he's on, he's on.

Yes, well put retired dog, you explain it in a far more rational way than me lol, i agree thumbs up

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:59

I thought SFTD was a good opener for a change.

Mick walks out and sings "please allow me to introduce myself"............

Then a bit later Keith walks out and plays that first huge chord.

Perfect.

Date: October 23, 2017 22:06

MartinB

Not sure. Probably not.

Yes absolutely sure, definitely yes.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:49

stone4ever
MartinB

Not sure. Probably not.

Yes absolutely sure, definitely yes.

Sorry, but to believe that Keith @#$%& up the solo on purpose is ridiculous. That's denying reality.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:51

Ronnie and Keith were both playing great last night.
Keith played much better that I've seen play in years. It doesn't mean he's the same guy who delivered insane solos back in the 1970's, but he's really upped his game last night, probably better than some of the best concerts of the ABB tour.
As for Ronnie, he was truly great, playing really fast, really loud and really well. They both complemented each other nicely.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:55

Moved to the correct thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 23:24 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:24

Wow great pic Georges! thumbs up

Georges
GREAT GIG!

Date: October 23, 2017 23:25

schwonek
stone4ever
... but i was under the impression most people from iorr are tired of it after it being played live for all these years.

stone4ever, you may be right. But the total of all iorr-people present at any Stones concert make up less than 1% of the audience. And although this forum should not be about politics - I dislike when it is just about the 1%-people when clearly 99% want sth different.

I still like Miss You LIVE!!!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:26

Well spoken Lorenz!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:53

Updated IORR reports pages with many new reports and photos:

The Rolling Stones
U Arena
Paris, France
Sunday October 22, 2017

[iorr.org]

Some quotes:

Dean Goodman:
The upshot is that we got easily the most enjoyable show of the tour, culminating in an explosive version of "Street Fighting Man" with a Charlie-Mick drum session. Those who chose Paris #2 as their sole show chose wisely, and they're probably wondering what all the online angst these past six weeks has been all about.

Michel W.:
True, Keith might look like a Connecticut retiree, with his thinning hair and beer belly, looking like he could talk to you for an hour about his tulips, but comes nighttime, he's the guy the mob would call if they need somebody's throat slashed.

Hamzah Munif:
I was on Eurostar back to London and sat close to some guys from Southampton UK who had been to shows in 1966. Great guys.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 00:02 by bv.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:44

Hello finally in USA home another 4-5 hours can’t wait to read everyone’s thoughts (and kiss my girls heads)

Bjornulf I wrote a review in a Nanterre cab this morning
I see it’s not included
If you did get it,
please don’t post it
I was emotional and it was too personal
but I wanted to get one in early because I know how much I look for them right away
I’ve read Dean Goodman’s review only so far (spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)
have to go now
THANK YOU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 00:45 by 35love.

Date: October 24, 2017 01:07

From Dean Goodman:

"we got easily the most enjoyable show of the tour...Those who chose Paris #2 as their sole show chose wisely"

That's the way it came across even all the way from my couch in California following it online, and later via youtube videos.

"What no one expected was that we would get a new opener - just as I was almost getting used to the limp handshake of "Sympathy for the Devil."
Clearly you want to open with a bang because it sets the tone for the rest of the show, and nothing bangs like "Jumpin' Jack Flash."'

Amen. thumbs up

"Sympathy as opener equates to limp handshake - nice way of putting it Dean. thumbs up cool smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:27

Saw Keith get out and come back, but no autographs. Oh well, I tried all day, gave it my best shot. He did yell "Love you too!" back at me.

Paris is always good to me. Back home tomorrow. I still haven't realized that the tour is over for me. Where did it go?

The best part about touring is the people I you meet. Thanks guys! Meet you further up on the road.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:54

The pic of smiling Mick that is also on the front page of iorr.org might be the best Mick Jagger picture ever taken.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:06

Dean Goodman:
The upshot is that we got easily the most enjoyable show of the tour, culminating in an explosive version of "Street Fighting Man" with a Charlie-Mick drum session. Those who chose Paris #2 as their sole show chose wisely, and they're probably wondering what all the online angst these past six weeks has been all about.

There will always be online angst on this site.
Just don´t care.
Everybody just should go see them live.
As I did in Hamburg and saw live why everybody was that exited about the gig.
Followed then by an ongoing tour of the typical "IORR-best gig of the tour so far"
performances.
All these judgements here. All this Ronnie good tonight. Keith not so well. Mick in 1.02 h of he show was coughing a bit-nonsense.
All those IORR-Teachers giving A´s B´s and C´s like in school.
Ignore those "fans".
The Rolling Stones are not the Greatest Periscope Band in the world.
For god´s sake.
They are the Greatest Rock´n Roll Band in the World.
They are there to be enjoyed by heart and soul since 1962.
And not to be analysed like science.
So a big kiss to everybody who was in Paris yesterday. Live. In the crowd.
And who will be wednesday.
And next Year in UK.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:28

stone4ever
crumbling_mice

I feel the same way about Shelter. It's gone from a brooding, apocalyptic, dark warning to a celebratory tour de force of humping the help,

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:42

Great to see see you yesterday,what a great show.See you in the UK next year !!!
Cheers, Chris and Pam

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:44

35love
Thank you thank you for this outstanding close up recording
‘Hate To See You Go’
[m.youtube.com]
My favorite of the evening.

You're Welome Wicky.

Date: October 24, 2017 05:14

Hairball
From Dean Goodman:

"we got easily the most enjoyable show of the tour...Those who chose Paris #2 as their sole show chose wisely"

That's the way it came across even all the way from my couch in California following it online, and later via youtube videos.

"What no one expected was that we would get a new opener - just as I was almost getting used to the limp handshake of "Sympathy for the Devil."
Clearly you want to open with a bang because it sets the tone for the rest of the show, and nothing bangs like "Jumpin' Jack Flash."'

Amen. thumbs up

"Sympathy as opener equates to limp handshake - nice way of putting it Dean. thumbs up cool smiley

Hairball I’m in Sacramento airport waiting for luggage
It’s too late to push off our English mates for a show boo hooo
I don’t say this much but my man is a mighty good man taking me to Paris and the
Stones later

Date: October 24, 2017 06:36

It’s actually great to be home, I am on cloud nine from my first trip to France and my 2nd (!) Rolling Stones show!
October 22, 2017
I told my 10 year old:
I was THIS CLOSE (holding out 2 hands like a fisherman)
THIS close to Mick Jagger! I WAS!
Oh she laughed and laughed at me.
She is a ginger piece of cake, that one.
And probably the reason I don’t run off and join The Rolling Stones Circus.
Oh but I will be here Wednesday folks and for the Love of holy Catholic Churches I saw in Paris,
WE BETTER GET A SCOPE!
smileys with beer

Date: October 24, 2017 06:53

35love
Hairball I’m in Sacramento airport waiting for luggage
It’s too late to push off our English mates for a show boo hooo
I don’t say this much but my man is a mighty good man taking me to Paris and the
Stones later

Cheers 35 - maybe when the Stones return to the States we can rendezvous while we send off our better British halves off for tea and crumpets lol.
Welcome home safe and sound, and with a trip and concert of a lifetime to cherish forever - you have a great husband indeed. thumbs up

Posted by: donquay ()
Date: October 24, 2017 07:07

Hi. First post. Long time reader.

Was in Europe for work. Then managed to catch Paris 2. Was in FOSSE second row centre. Amazing show. Loved it all. Never thought I'd get the chance to see them again.

In Abu Dabi now on the way back to Australia.

Below is the link to a few of my pics.

Link [www.instagram.com]photos

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home