Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19
Re: Paris show-1 France 19-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 20, 2017 09:59

Glad people enjoyed the show.

For those of us going on Sunday, can those in the pit post their experience of getting in, as it sounds chaotic:

1) Which gate did you use
2) where did you get your wristband from
3) did anyone have trouble with Ticketmaster e-tickets (one poster early n said that security did not recognise it).

cheers

syrel

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:05

Yep, sums up well what he exuded last night, happiness and "confidence". Eons away from the tension at O2/1 in 2012! Same goes for Keith who lest we should forget seemed to be hanging on by the skin of his teeth. They've come a long way, don't stop guys!

Oh I was surprised by how powerful "Just your Fool" was live, really crunches along, a full B&L would be terrific but a hard sell in a stadium I suppose. Hope they play "Hate to See You Go" on Sunday, or even another one, although it's unlikely at this stage of the tour.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:17

Pit experience: on the e ticket by uarena was inyicated entry 14 in the yellow area. After a long wait and finally standing in front of entry 14 our group of about 30 people at this time were told 14 was closed and we should go to entry 33 in the violet area which is a long walk again.security were all uninformed and wanted to send us back to 14. Nobody knew anything. Finally we got in via entry violet 33. Quite late. Wristbands were to be collected on the floor. But the show was great and we enjoyed the pit.....

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:26

My advice to anyone going on Sunday or Wednesday is to tweet the venue and ask them to make it clear re: Pit for the next gigs. They probably learned on the job yesterday. I got in so quickly due to knowing in advance about 33 thanks to tips on here. I almost was turned away from pit because I tried to get into Gold Standing thinking it was Pit. The Pit entrance is virtually touching the stage on the sides. Don’t be fooled. There you get your wrist bands

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:27

Thanks for the info!

What time would you recommend to be at the gate for those with pit tix?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:33

I noticed that fosse and fosse or are both to enter in "Violet door 33" and was in regular fosse last night. How do I access fosse or on Sunday? Do I access fosse or from the regular fosse area or the surrounding corridors or...?

Article in today's Le Figaro: [www.lefigaro.fr]

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:42

raphph
...I have about 800 shots from the Pit of tonight! Managed to get my 50mm lens in after showing the guards a letter saying it was allowed. Will post the whole album up in next 24 hours or so

First congratulations.
Which camera did you brought in ??? A pro one with a 50mm lens ???
Thanks in advance...

HMN

Date: October 20, 2017 10:42

The Worst.
Great show, great crowd, great arena, bad organization. Street Fighting Man was again the highlight for me. I had a great time in the pit, standing next to Mr. Jimmy and Harry Potter - but getting inside the pit gave me 1,5 hours of at least nineteen nervous breakdowns.

Those with pit tickets on Sunday and Wednesday should be prepared to have their patience tested. On my ticket it said I had to enter thru gate 14, but I noticed a big banner saying “pit” outside gate 33/34. I asked if I could enter with my ticket, but the guard said I had to go gate 14. So I walked the long detour and lined up outside gate 14. After a long time with nothing happening, I asked a guard what was going on. He said gate 14 was closed and that I had to go back to gate 33. So I did. At gate 33 they told me again to go back to 14. I told them gate 14 was closed, so they let me in after some argument - but I got no wristband. When I pointed this out, they gave me wristband for Fosse Or. I tried to explain that I needed a wristband for the pit, pointing at the map of the venue printed on my ticket, but they didn't understand. So I went inside and walked up to the pit on Keith’s side and showed them my ticket. They said I had to go back to the entrance to get a wristband. So I went back and talked with 10-12 different security people and no one had heard of the "No Filter Pit" and could only offer me FOSSE OR wristband. One person said I had to go "upstairs" to the office were wristbands were kept. I tried to get up the only stair I could find, but was soon denied access. Once again, I asked were to get wristband for the Pit. They looked and my ticket and said I had to go out of the venue and back to gate 14. At this point I’ve had enough, and walked fast up to the pit on Ronnie’s side and explaining my case a bit angry while I showed my ticket. The guard, to my surprise, said “no problem” and let me in. Then I got my wristband and was felt so relieved when I finally stepped inside the pit. But it shouldn’t be like this. I hope all those with pit tickets got inside.

Wow! I'm glad you got in, eventually grinning smiley

Date: October 20, 2017 10:43

Given the fact that quite a few people here upgraded their tickets thanks to the late ticket drops (myself included), can somebody explain, why on earth people with fosse tickets were given fosse or -wristbands and let in to the fosse or -zone? I was taken aback when the guy, to whom I “managed” to sell my fosse ticket at a very low price, was standing behind me in fosse or! His answer: “C’est la France”.

I saw others from the mixed fosse/fosse or -queue who had fosse tickets and ended up in fosse or. Good for them, but why did I pay extra if there’s no difference?

That aside yesterday was a solid performance by the Stones, couldn’t really hear problems in UMT or JJF referred to in the French press. Personally I thought LSTNT even sounded a bit like it did in 1997-98, played in open g.

Date: October 20, 2017 10:52

Date: October 20, 2017 10:53

Shot_of_Salvation
Given the fact that quite a few people here upgraded their tickets thanks to the late ticket drops (myself included), can somebody explain, why on earth people with fosse tickets were given fosse or -wristbands and let in to the fosse or -zone? I was taken aback when the guy, to whom I “managed” to sell my fosse ticket at a very low price, was standing behind me in fosse or! His answer: “C’est la France”.

I saw others from the mixed fosse/fosse or -queue who had fosse tickets and ended up in fosse or. Good for them, but why did I pay extra if there’s no difference?

That aside yesterday was a solid performance by the Stones, couldn’t really hear problems in UMT or JJF referred to in the French press. Personally I thought LSTNT even sounded a bit like it did in 1997-98, played in open g.

After listening to the YouTube-videos that's exactly what I thought, too.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 20, 2017 10:54

GJB

crowd was a little lame. Lots of men in suits and women in full dresses - it was as if they were meant to be at the opera and took a wrong turn. They didn't seem to know even some of the big hits which kind of spoilt the atmosphere around me

Uuuurgh...that´s a naughty thing to cope with when you really can´t keep a distance from people like this (the kind you mentioned)

I was lucky that way at my 2003 2006 2007 and 2014 shows, but the last No Security show in Cologne had somer VERY special squares around in the bag for me...
They didn´t allow me to dance. Only hand-claps over your head were tolerated. I mean, what shall I do, they´re standing in the pouring rain, doing Litte Queenie, and I´m not allowed to move???

At a Bob Dylan gig in Bonn there was everything General Admission, a girlfriend and me entered the very vast place about 20 meters from the stage. An old couple said it was their space (cause they had been there 2 hours longer than us.)

We offered them to move in front of us, so we won´t stay in their way. But they said NO, they wanted to put an example to it, they didn´t want any peace.

When my friend lit a joint the man went to get one of the security staff, took him to the place and said: "This fat woman is smoking weed!" - The guard said: "And that is ALL???? Man, this is a Bob Dylan show, tranquillo! And don´t bother me!"

About 4 minutes later on, Bob and the band hit the stage...and the 1st song was "RAINY DAY WOMEN..."

Everybody must get stoned...

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:05

Cristiano Radtke
A nice photo taken by a fan.

[www.instagram.com]

WHAT A PICTURE!!

Great, man!!!!!

Anyway, the picture of Stockholm, I think BV took it, when Keith looks him in the eye and winks him, a very rare and beautiful moment.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:06

RawIguanaCologne
GJB

crowd was a little lame. Lots of men in suits and women in full dresses - it was as if they were meant to be at the opera and took a wrong turn. They didn't seem to know even some of the big hits which kind of spoilt the atmosphere around me

Uuuurgh...that´s a naughty thing to cope with when you really can´t keep a distance from people like this (the kind you mentioned)

I was lucky that way at my 2003 2006 2007 and 2014 shows, but the last No Security show in Cologne had somer VERY special squares around in the bag for me...
They didn´t allow me to dance. Only hand-claps over your head were tolerated. I mean, what shall I do, they´re standing in the pouring rain, doing Litte Queenie, and I´m not allowed to move???

At a Bob Dylan gig in Bonn there was everything General Admission, a girlfriend and me entered the very vast place about 20 meters from the stage. An old couple said it was their space (cause they had been there 2 hours longer than us.)

We offered them to move in front of us, so we won´t stay in their way. But they said NO, they wanted to put an example to it, they didn´t want any peace.

When my friend lit a joint the man went to get one of the security staff, took him to the place and said: "This fat woman is smoking weed!" - The guard said: "And that is ALL???? Man, this is a Bob Dylan show, tranquillo! And don´t bother me!"

About 4 minutes later on, Bob and the band hit the stage...and the 1st song was "RAINY DAY WOMEN..."

Everybody must get stoned...

eye popping smiley

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:07

DandelionPowderman
The Worst.
Great show, great crowd, great arena, bad organization. Street Fighting Man was again the highlight for me. I had a great time in the pit, standing next to Mr. Jimmy and Harry Potter - but getting inside the pit gave me 1,5 hours of at least nineteen nervous breakdowns.

Those with pit tickets on Sunday and Wednesday should be prepared to have their patience tested. On my ticket it said I had to enter thru gate 14, but I noticed a big banner saying “pit” outside gate 33/34. I asked if I could enter with my ticket, but the guard said I had to go gate 14. So I walked the long detour and lined up outside gate 14. After a long time with nothing happening, I asked a guard what was going on. He said gate 14 was closed and that I had to go back to gate 33. So I did. At gate 33 they told me again to go back to 14. I told them gate 14 was closed, so they let me in after some argument - but I got no wristband. When I pointed this out, they gave me wristband for Fosse Or. I tried to explain that I needed a wristband for the pit, pointing at the map of the venue printed on my ticket, but they didn't understand. So I went inside and walked up to the pit on Keith’s side and showed them my ticket. They said I had to go back to the entrance to get a wristband. So I went back and talked with 10-12 different security people and no one had heard of the "No Filter Pit" and could only offer me FOSSE OR wristband. One person said I had to go "upstairs" to the office were wristbands were kept. I tried to get up the only stair I could find, but was soon denied access. Once again, I asked were to get wristband for the Pit. They looked and my ticket and said I had to go out of the venue and back to gate 14. At this point I’ve had enough, and walked fast up to the pit on Ronnie’s side and explaining my case a bit angry while I showed my ticket. The guard, to my surprise, said “no problem” and let me in. Then I got my wristband and was felt so relieved when I finally stepped inside the pit. But it shouldn’t be like this. I hope all those with pit tickets got inside.

In Zürich Pit entry was easy from both sides. Staff was very friendly. No waiting time. We got wristband at pit entrance and could do what we want.
We could go under the catwalk from Keith side to Ron side or back. Guard closed this sides access 1/2 hour before concert.
I can`t understand the difficulties in Paris. In Arnheim too.

smiling smileyRe: Paris show-1 France 19-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:08

DandelionPowderman
The Worst.

Beesides the problems above, I had some additional problems. My ticketmaster fr pit tix did not mention any gate a all. The ticket layout is also completely different to the U arena tix? So when finally got to the pit,Ron's side, they didn't let me in. They said it was a fosse or ticket and that the people that already where in the pit had 800euro tix. These where probably the VIP early entrance tix of course. After a while other people with the same ticketmaster tix showed up. It took us a while to explain that the "filter pit Parterre debout" on our tix was actually the pit. Finally they let us in.
So, everyone who has pit tix for sunday and wednesday, it might get difficult.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:10

I wrote to the U Arena to get clarification about the No Filter Pit access for next gigs. As soon as I got info back I will share

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:12

Was the VIP/ Early Entry access still from Gate 14 as stated in the info e-mail?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:12

IORR proshot
[www.leparisien.fr]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:15

I had a great night yesterday! And a pleasure to be in a brand new Parisian venue where even the floor pads were shiny new and clean smiling smiley

Disappointed by the merch - not buying any from Paris, I noticed these artworks coming out of the stalls where VIPs had been invited to attend the show.
One of the VIPs had a couple of them, so I kindly asked and was given one.

It's a limited edition and numbered poster on hardboard for the inauguration night of the concert, showing the concert hall's architecture and looks a lot better than the shirt artwork - what do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 11:16 by damnation.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:16

powerage78
IORR proshot
[www.leparisien.fr]
I'd already post it a bit above your post winking smiley

HMN

Date: October 20, 2017 11:23

powerage78
IORR proshot
[www.leparisien.fr]

A picture? I didn't find any video..

Date: October 20, 2017 11:28

Yes, a video.

Oh yes, thanks Honestman.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:31

Did anyone of you came back by RER? How did it work? On Sunday I'll have to go back to CDG by RER, so I'd be grateful for any heads up on the matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 11:32 by Wild Slivovitz.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:33

Fantastic pics here :
[www.manuwino.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 11:34 by powerage78.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:35

powerage78
Yes, a video.

Found it! Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:36

When a spot at the catwalk a few meters back from the stage was a good option to have a better overview you might want to rethink that for the final 2 shows. As if there weren't enough objects like antennas, video and audio monitors on the edge of the stage blocking ones sight the boys decided to place 2 large fans (tropical Paris) to the left and right of the catwalk. So some of us had this view of the band. Yes, that's Charlie there in the middle.

All in all it was a good show.

Date: October 20, 2017 11:38

smileys with beer

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
Yes, a video.

Found it! Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:43

Wild Slivovitz
Did anyone of you came back by RER? How did it work? On Sunday I'll have to go back to CDG by RER, so I'd be grateful for any heads up on the matter.

I went from central Paris to the U Arena with RER.
Arriving at Nanterre, I couldn’t get out.
Apparently those T1 tickets are not for use on RER outside the centre.

As I am very slim I could manage my way out.

When the show was over, I thought let’s take the RER again. But now I couldn’t get in. So I took the subway.

So, to conclude, you need special tickets for it. Just follow everybody to La Defence station, there are ticket machines.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:56

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking to get a Visit Paris daily ticket upon arrival to the airport, so hopefully that one should allow me to use travel through either RER and Metro. As I understand, Metro works better than rer, so I'm planning to go to Chetelet Les Halles by Metro and from there take the RER B to CDG. If you guys have a different advice, please tell. Thank You!1

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home