Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 50 of 51
Re: OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: April 26, 2024 04:22

Last night in San Diego,looks pretty intimate.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 26, 2024 04:37

Neil & Horse seem to be in fine form

Date: April 26, 2024 06:15

BeastyBurdeny
Neil & Horse seem to be in fine form

Indeed they do.

Date: April 26, 2024 06:49

...and a few more.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 26, 2024 09:54

Just saw Neil and the Horse tonight, the second San Diego show. I had wanted to go to the first night, but Ticketbastard screwed that up for me and I wound up getting a ticket for the second night. I wish I had been there last night because they did Down by the River, which is one of my favorite songs. I also wish I could’ve gone to both nights, but I had spent too much money on Stones tickets to be able to go to both.

Micah Nelson is a really good fit for the Horse. His pure joy at playing with them was palpable. Neil was obviously really enjoying playing with Micah. I think he was a bit re-energized by that.

It was Micah’s birthday tonight. He said at his birthday last year, he made a wish when he blew out the candles that he could play with Neil Young and the Horse someday. He said that now his f***in’ wish had come true.

The concert was fantastic. The sound was excellent. It was my first time at this venue, and I liked it a lot.

OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2024 16:49

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2024 18:38

Getting excited for the gigs now! I received a mail Wednesday saying the CD was shipped so I’m hoping it arrives next week sometime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-26 20:42 by Paddy.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 26, 2024 19:30

Good to see your response to the show JFaded.
So true on money already spent on RS. I hope I get "Down By the River" too.

Is anyone going to see Neil and Crazy Horse at the Hollywood Bowl?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 26, 2024 19:58

angee
Is anyone going to see Neil and Crazy Horse at the Hollywood Bowl?
Definitely gonna try to hit it but still so many months away I'm hoping prices drop a bit. Seems like an awesome place to see them though.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 26, 2024 20:41

Great shows, went to both, night 1 was a little better

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 26, 2024 21:42

Night 1 had a better set list IMO. Would like to see this pattern continue of a slightly different set list each night. Solo acoustic Neil could do anything, but I'd like to see Like A Hurricane and Cowgirls in the Sand in the rotation.

Just scored tickets for the Bend, Oregon show. Got tired of waiting for a Bay Area show to be announced.

NY&CH will also be playing at Farm Aid at SPAC on September 21.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 26, 2024 22:27

Woz
Night 1 had a better set list IMO. Would like to see this pattern continue of a slightly different set list each night. Solo acoustic Neil could do anything, but I'd like to see Like A Hurricane and Cowgirls in the Sand in the rotation.

Just scored tickets for the Bend, Oregon show. Got tired of waiting for a Bay Area show to be announced.

NY&CH will also be playing at Farm Aid at SPAC on September 21.

The venue in Bend is awesome. Maybe the best "summer" venue I've been to. I saw NIN there 2 years ago.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 27, 2024 00:14

I've heard nothing but positive reviews of the venue in Bend.I know some folks that live up that way too, should be fun!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 27, 2024 00:31

I think he's gonna cook up a lot of different rotations this tour. He's got a couple pianos onstage that he hasn't touched. He's rehearsed a number of songs that haven't been played yet (Danger Bird, TTN, Words, etc).

Would like to see him drop heart of gold and comes a time from the acoustic set, or rotate them at least, but I can't complain too much.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 27, 2024 01:36

Neil Young
SDSU's Open Aire Theater
San Diego, CA
April 24, 2024

Source : Audio Technica AT831 Cardioid microphones > Sony PCM M10 (24/48) (recording by Wes Meyette)

Editing : CD Wave Editor (tracking) > Sound Forge (volume) > Wav > dBpoweramp Flac level 8

[www.guitars101.com]

Scroll down for Filefactory link........(If you want it of course....

I don't know what it sounds like yet, still downloading myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-27 02:10 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 27, 2024 02:05

EddieByword
Neil Young
SDSU's Open Aire Theater
San Diego, CA
April 24, 2024

Source : Audio Technica AT831 Cardioid microphones > Sony PCM M10 (24/48) (recording by Wes Meyette)

Editing : CD Wave Editor (tracking) > Sound Forge (volume) > Wav > dBpoweramp Flac level 8

[www.guitars101.com]

Thank you very much sir!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 27, 2024 02:10

Paddy
EddieByword
Neil Young
SDSU's Open Aire Theater
San Diego, CA
April 24, 2024

[www.guitars101.com]

Thank you very much sir!

You're welcome, no problem..... smileys with beer

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 27, 2024 04:29

Tons of tickets, including pit, available for The Gorge. Might be too much of a hassle / trek for a lot of boomers, or maybe it will be more of a last-minute thing.

Date: April 27, 2024 04:37

mosthigh
Tons of tickets, including pit, available for The Gorge. Might be too much of a hassle / trek for a lot of boomers, or maybe it will be more of a last-minute thing.

Jeez, they've barely sold anything! Thats crazy. Its not even THAT expensive, once you get past the platinums.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 27, 2024 09:55

Dime has both San Diego shows, courtesy of IORR's Dan. thumbs up

Date: April 27, 2024 10:47

RollingFreak
mosthigh

Jeez, they've barely sold anything! Thats crazy. Its not even THAT expensive, once you get past the platinums.

It's in the middle of nowhere (everybody knows), and poorly run by LN, often with long car lines to get in and incompetent dickish security. Add to that very hot weather in July with little shade, a lot of older Neil fans probably won't bother.

Date: April 27, 2024 13:31

The Gorge has a capacity of about 20,000. Seemed like a lot for the Horse these days. Added to stuff in previous posts is they are doing a big construction project on the I-90 bridge at Vantage. Delays & detours are promised all summer.

Date: April 27, 2024 16:12

crholmstrom
The Gorge has a capacity of about 20,000. Seemed like a lot for the Horse these days. Added to stuff in previous posts is they are doing a big construction project on the I-90 bridge at Vantage. Delays & detours are promised all summer.

Wow sounds like an all-around traffic sh*tshow to me. If I do go, I'll stay off-site and take hwy 2, which makes sense anyways since I'm coming from Vancouver BC.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 28, 2024 19:14

They encored Danger Bird with a guest sit-in from Nils Lofgren last night in Phoenix. The house lights never went up, but the recording of Greensleeves that usually signals the show is over was played on the house sound after Hey Hey, My My closed the main set, and many folks left and missed Danger Bird.

Date: April 28, 2024 22:06

Javadave
They encored Danger Bird with a guest sit-in from Nils Lofgren last night in Phoenix. The house lights never went up, but the recording of Greensleeves that usually signals the show is over was played on the house sound after Hey Hey, My My closed the main set, and many folks left and missed Danger Bird.

What a thing to miss. Looks like it was the same set as night 1, with that Danger Bird Nils encore replacing Don't Be Denied as the only change.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 29, 2024 22:47

Paddy
Getting excited for the gigs now! I received a mail Wednesday saying the CD was shipped so I’m hoping it arrives next week sometime.

Mine just arrived and I just played it... loud.

Awesome.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: May 1, 2024 20:45

In the packaging the Fu##in' Up track list is hard as fu## to read and decipher. There's type and coloring with poor contrast. (Why so many or artists or art directors think it's a brilliant idea to make song lists (often small and) hard to interpret on packaging is beyond me.) Tracks 1-8 are numbered as 8-1. An A, B, C, D indicate lp sides that don't apply to the cd. And every original track has (at least) two titles.

Okay.

Per AllMusic:

FU##IN' UP revisits the songs from Ragged Glory more than 30 years later, reframing them in a live setting that's somehow even more ragged, and just as glorious.

The set was captured at an intimate venue in Toronto on November 4, 2023, during a private birthday party.

The order of the songs is rearranged to run exactly as the track listing for Ragged Glory did, presenting each song with a new title taken from parts of the tune's lyrics.

For instance, opening track "City Life," played later on in the concert, is a take on Ragged Glory's first song, "Country Home," much as the rocky push of "To Follow One's Own Dream" breathes new life into "Days That Used to Be."

"Farmer John," a cover song, retains its original title, and Ragged Glory finale "Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)" is absent from FU##IN' UP.

For my and now your convenience, the tracks are:

1- City Life
(Country Home). 6:40

2- Feels Like a Railroad (River of Pride)
(White Line). 2:57

3- Heart of Steel
(Fu##in' Up). 5:51

4- Broken Circle
(Over and Over). 9:06

5- Valley of Hearts
(Love to Burn). 12:55

6- Farmer John. 3:51

7- Walkin' in My Place (Road of Tears)
(Mansion on the Hill). 6:48

8- To Follow One's Own Dream
(Days That Used to Be). 5:40

9- A Chance on Love
(Love and Only Love). 15:19

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-01 20:49 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: May 1, 2024 21:02

TheBluesHadaBaby
Paddy

Mine just arrived and I just played it... loud.

Awesome.

Old Black (guitar) takes a savage beating on this record. That's a good thing...

Date: May 2, 2024 09:41

Austin and Dallas cancelled due to weather. Neil says he'll reschedule for September. Next show is May 4 at NOLA Jazz Fest.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 4, 2024 06:21

BeastyBurdeny
JadedFaded
The email I got said a limit of 4 CDs per address.

Huh, that's strange. Looking at my emails right now and it does not say that for me.

Hey Beasty, how many CDs did you wind up getting?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 50 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home