Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 49 of 50
Re: OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 6, 2024 20:08

BeastyBurdeny
Snagged tickets to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Can't wait smileys with beer

Wow Beasty, a huge Neil Young fan!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: March 6, 2024 21:02

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny
Snagged tickets to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Can't wait smileys with beer

I might be going to the Ottawa show now too smileys with beer

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 6, 2024 21:20

mosthigh
So anyone got a code for the Live Nation presale today for Burnaby?

The code for the previous presale dates was ENERGY.

KEY might also be worth a try.

This post was most helpful!!
Thank you mosthigh smileys with beer

Date: March 7, 2024 03:50

I'm curious how fast the Burnaby show is going to sell out...

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 7, 2024 04:09

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

I might be going to the Ottawa show now too smileys with beer

In 2019, I caught 2 acoustic solo shows in Vancouver, then caught 2 more shows with POTR in Seattle a few days later. Was great, but I was pretty Neil'd out after that.

Date: March 7, 2024 04:48

I think I'll be Neil'd out too, if I end up going to Ottawa. An extended relative is offering to cover the flight and concert ticket, so it's kinda hard to say no haha.

Date: March 7, 2024 21:29

BeastyBurdeny

Looks to be sold out right now.

Date: March 7, 2024 21:58

Paddy
BeastyBurdeny

I saw that! Pretty fast.. 30-40 min. I'm guessing a second Burnaby show will be added.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 7, 2024 21:59

Paddy
BeastyBurdeny

They were advertising it in Seattle. Doesn't look good for a Seattle show.

Date: March 7, 2024 22:30

“Every online ticket purchased includes one (1) physical copy of Neil Young's forthcoming album, Fu##in' Up, to be released on April 26, 2024. Be on the lookout for a separate email containing information around how you can redeem your CD(s). Not valid for tickets purchased via resale”

I only noticed this while taking a look at the Calgary tickets, I didn’t pay enough attention while purchasing the Burnaby ticket to see if the album was bundled in but I guess it is going by the above, did any of you guys notice it while buying tickets for Burnaby?

Date: March 8, 2024 01:41

Paddy
“Every online ticket purchased includes one (1) physical copy of Neil Young's forthcoming album, Fu##in' Up, to be released on April 26, 2024. Be on the lookout for a separate email containing information around how you can redeem your CD(s). Not valid for tickets purchased via resale”

I only noticed this while taking a look at the Calgary tickets, I didn’t pay enough attention while purchasing the Burnaby ticket to see if the album was bundled in but I guess it is going by the above, did any of you guys notice it while buying tickets for Burnaby?

You'll get it. It's for every show, except festival related shows. Expect in email in 3-5 business days, asking you to confirm a delivery address. Think I have about 13 copies of this CD coming to my address, with all the tickets I bought for friends and family.

Date: March 8, 2024 03:26

BeastyBurdeny
Paddy

You'll get it. It's for every show, except festival related shows. Expect in email in 3-5 business days, asking you to confirm a delivery address. Think I have about 13 copies of this CD coming to my address, with all the tickets I bought for friends and family.

I just got an email to confirm my address for delivery!
This is a bonus I wasn’t aware of. smiling smiley

Sounds like you can spread some Neil lovin around with those copies arriving Beasty! Thanks for the reply.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 8, 2024 07:29

The email I got said a limit of 4 CDs per address.

Date: March 8, 2024 12:03

JadedFaded
The email I got said a limit of 4 CDs per address.

Huh, that's strange. Looking at my emails right now and it does not say that for me.

Date: March 9, 2024 09:38

The email I got didn’t mention a limit it had what I assume is a unique code and a redeem option, I’m guessing it’s one code per ticket?

Date: March 10, 2024 01:48

For people wondering about possible PNW shows, this is from NYA regarding the Gorge:

"Hi Neil,
Great that the Horse is out of the Barn!
Do you think they’ve got a gallop to the Gorge in them this summer? There have been some epic shows at that beautiful site amongst the tumbleweeds and the mighty Columbia!

Have a fantastic tour Neil.
2Logs

2Logs
I will mention the Gorge to my agent. i love it!
Thanks
Love,
be well
Neil"

Date: March 10, 2024 09:42

Maybe we could be cheeky and ask for a second Burnaby show, see if Uncle Neil replies!!

Date: March 10, 2024 23:14

Paddy
Maybe we could be cheeky and ask for a second Burnaby show, see if Uncle Neil replies!!

I'll send something and see if he responds. I feel like there's a good chance Burnaby will get a round 2.

Date: March 11, 2024 06:18

BeastyBurdeny
Paddy

I'll send something and see if he responds. I feel like there's a good chance Burnaby will get a round 2.

Worth a shot Beasty, here’s hoping you’re right for a second time!

Date: March 18, 2024 19:11

2nd Vancouver show announced on NY's Instagram.

Date: March 18, 2024 21:17

This is a really nice Monday present!!
Back to back nights of Uncle Neil once more. Somewhere inside I feel this will be the last time I see Neil live so it’s a real treat to get 2 shows.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 18, 2024 21:19

BeastyBurdeny

Ok Beasty, now how many shows will you be attending? Does Neil change the set list up or is it the same every show?

Date: March 18, 2024 22:27

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

Ok Beasty, now how many shows will you be attending? Does Neil change the set list up or is it the same every show?

Well, sadly the Edmonton show was cancelled today, too. So likely my number is still four.

He said recently on NYA that they have a big list of songs they are looking at for this upcoming tour. Some years, his setlists have a fair amount of variety and others less so. But I would guess you'd get at least 5-8 different songs, between two back to back nights in the same city. Could be more, could be less.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 19, 2024 03:10

Paddy
Somewhere inside I feel this will be the last time I see Neil live

Starting to really feel like that for everyone. I know that has maybe been the case for a decade now, but it now is REALLY feeling like the end for so many.

DGA35
Does Neil change the set list up or is it the same every show?
I feel like with Neil you never know. I will say I feel its more likely than not that he'll change it around. To what degree it remains to be seen. I've seen him do shows solo where all 4 nights he played almost the same thing at the same venue, and I've seen him do 2 night stands where he didn't repeat a single song. On his solo tour last year, he played about 30 different songs. He played about half of those 30 almost every single night, but you got sprinkles each night of 2 or 3 new ones. Seems thats about the same as what he did a decade ago on his Crazy Horse tour. With Promise Of The Real last time in 2019, he did about 10 shows and 60 different songs among them, so those were definitely more free flowing.

OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2024 18:03

Micah Nelson on Joining Neil Young and Crazy Horse: ‘I’ve Been Rehearsing for This My Whole Life’

The guitarist, who cut his teeth on the road with dad Willie, breaks down his journey from loving Crazy Horse as a kid to actually joining the band

By Andy Greene
March 19, 2024

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: March 20, 2024 03:11

bye bye johnny
Micah Nelson on Joining Neil Young and Crazy Horse: ‘I’ve Been Rehearsing for This My Whole Life’

The guitarist, who cut his teeth on the road with dad Willie, breaks down his journey from loving Crazy Horse as a kid to actually joining the band

By Andy Greene
March 19, 2024

[www.rollingstone.com]

That was a fun read. Thanks for sharing. I sure hope they dust off Danger Bird. Words, too. Great tracks.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 20, 2024 05:34

Great article. Can hardly wait for this tour!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 21, 2024 00:42

In for both nights at Deer Lake Park, Burnaby.smoking smiley

Date: March 21, 2024 06:59

mosthigh
In for both nights at Deer Lake Park, Burnaby.smoking smiley

smileys with beer

Same.

Bring your sunglasses folks!

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: April 19, 2024 04:28

Learned today that Neil and Crazy Horse have added some dates—

- Sat 9/28 Ohana Festival OC

- Sun 9/29 Hollywood Bowl (Presale is today; general sale Friday.)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950Next
Current Page: 49 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home