Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Favorite Ron Wood solo album
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:34

A Faces reunion tour and studio release? Great idea, but Stewart doesn't want to do it. Mac is really pissed off about this as the others are interested. How bout Wyman on bass to replace Tetsu?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 15, 2005 18:42

The studio album rumor - at least one song was recorded a few years back - wasn't purported to include Mac, I don't think - it was just a Ronnie/Rod thing.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:02

I've Got My Own Album To Do

then Not For Beginners

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 15, 2005 19:27

Ron doesn't "belong" to Rod, in fact it was he that suggested Rod for the Faces in '69. (RW was also first in the Jeff Beck Group, 12/66 as the Birds were splitting - and he was hired as a guitarist, before the various bassists didn't work out). He may certainly have been more of a writer/leader w/ Faces, but he's a Stone, & has been for 30 years. He was hired due to his friendship with both MJ & KR & his musical relationship w/ both, especially Keith. I never understand why some people still don't accept him as a Stone.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:23

Glad to hear so many votes for Not for beginners, i really like that one too.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:36

Nor for Beginners is a lovely album. My wife and daughters like this one especially and it gets lots of play at our house. Some very fine arrangements. I feel RW's talents have been somewhat wasted by the Stones, but that is a whole new thread. Some big egos to deal in the Stones with the Glimmer Twins always pushing. Ronnie has proved himself to be a talented songwriter and it is a shame he has not been included more that way. It would probably help his confidence and improve his guitar playing to where it once was. The Stones would be better for it no doubt.

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: September 15, 2005 21:37

I actually like them all as well..
hope to more from him after bigger bang wraps up..so thats about 1 1/2 wait..

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 16, 2005 01:38

I'm sure Ronnie would be less inclined to make solo records if Mick and Keith included him more. If not in the writing of the songs at least in playing on every song on the album. Why did they not bring in Charlie and Ronnie at the same time for ABB and get those songs down with dual Ronnie/Keith weaving throughout. Do we really need Mick playing slide? What an insult to Ronnie as a 30 year member.

How would like to be a guitarist in a band recording a new album and find out your part has been put down by the lead singer?

I have Give Me Some Neck and IGMOATD, after reading this post I'm going to buy some others!

Ronnie rules and it's not MY Stones without him.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 16, 2005 02:01

Are we counting live albums????? "Slide On Live" "Plugged in and Standing"...........Recorded on the "Slide on This" world tour 92/93 The album is taken from shows in NY, Boston & Budakon Japan. Bernard on vocals and Ian McLagan and Chuck on Keyboards.........Includes a version of "Pretty Beat Up"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-16 02:11 by No Expectations.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 16, 2005 02:10

You can purchase almost any Ron Wood CD on E-Bay at almost anytime brand new for less than $10.......Including the one in the aforementioned post!!!!

Date: September 16, 2005 02:15

I have great memories of the '92-'93 tour. That's when I got to meet & chat w/ Bernard (sweet, very smart chap!) & see & hear Ron in a club setting w/ a tight band including yup Ian McLagan etc. Much tighter than the New Barbs shows, & great set w/ copious solo, Faces, & Stones material that Ron had credits on (Black Limo, Pretty Beat Up, etc). Bernard the perfect vocalist to cover both Mick & Rod, & harmonize w/ Ron. This was also the season of Keith's 2nd solo tour, & I recall the James Brown mix tape pre-show & the all out roar of the opening Winos take on "Something Else" - whew! Great shows!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 16, 2005 02:54

I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger.

Posted by: NYCSTONESFREAK ()
Date: September 16, 2005 03:19

Gimme some neck loved it

Date: September 16, 2005 11:09

1. Now Look
2. IGMOATD
3. Not For Beginners
4. Slide On This
5. 1234
6. Gimme Some Neck (ruined by producer)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2005 12:58

Ya gotta dig Ronnie's version of Chain Of Fools from

Back To The Strrets - Celebrating The Music Of Don Covay

ROCKMAN

Date: September 16, 2005 14:07

Great choice I'd almost forgot, Rockman
I'd add the 1999 Deram compilation of 1964 - 66 Birds material

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home