Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Date: February 19, 2018 14:45

slewan
DandelionPowderman
wickerman
No way they would play Pompeii. It´s not a Stones-related place, and the tickets would have to be like 2000€ to make it work financially.

I know that some of the dates on this poster is not correct, some say the venues are spot on, though.

don't post things like that. Somebody will pick this up, someone will put in the press because it reminds of an actual poster – and then the rumor comes back, this time in the disquise of 'real' news, confimation etc – and endless circle…

This is a thread for 2018 tour RUMOURS. These are rumours from good sources, hence this post is highly approriate, imo.

I also spesifically stated that some dates might not be correct (as other sources are contradicting).

Don't confuse this thread with the IORR news-section.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 16:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2018 14:46

The press using IORR as a source is something we've seen in previous years.

Correct that the different sites / articles corroborating rumors first posted here and then linked back here do create a circle.

Maybe if we repeat Pompeii enough times it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy! winking smiley

IMO DandelionPowderman is right about the purpose of this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 14:48 by Topi.

Date: February 19, 2018 14:49

Topi

Correct that the different sites / articles corroborating rumors first posted here and then linked back here do create a circle.

Maybe if we repeat Pompeii enough times it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy! winking smiley

Like they'll have to play Pompeii! grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 19, 2018 14:53

DandelionPowderman
Topi

Like they'll have to play Pompeii! grinning smiley

I already got some ideas for their traditional fireworks at the end!!

Date: February 19, 2018 14:54

BTW if the tour were to extend until July 4, that's 6 weeks and 6 days. 48 days.

That time frame would fit with a schedule of roughly 2 shows per calendar week (a mid-week show and weekend show) and would allow at least 2 days off between shows.

Would give us 14 shows easily, even 15.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 19, 2018 15:00

Topi
BTW if the tour were to extend until July 4, that's 6 weeks and 6 days. 48 days.

That time frame would fit with a schedule of roughly 2 shows per calendar week (a mid-week show and weekend show) and would allow at least 2 days off between shows.

so, if there's a show in Berlin it looks like that this might be the final show of the tour

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 15:43

DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
wickerman
No way they would play Pompeii. It´s not a Stones-related place, and the tickets would have to be like 2000€ to make it work financially.

I know that some of the dates on this poster is not correct, some say the venues are spot on, though.

don't post things like that. Somebody will pick this up, someone will put in the press because it reminds of an actual poster – and then the rumor comes back, this time in the disquise of 'real' news, confimation etc – and endless circle…

This is a thread for 2018 tour RUMOURS. These are rumours from good sources, hence this post is highly approriate, imo.

I also spesifically stated that some dates might not be correct (as other sources are contradicting).

Don't confuse this thread with the IORR news-section.

We could take it a bit more seriously if they could spell Southampton right!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 19, 2018 15:43

I guess last Autumn Europe got 14 shows due to Paris U Arena selling so well plus capacity there comparatively low.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 19, 2018 15:48

South Hampton - someone doesn't know they're naval history to make such a grammatical faux pas!

This 'flyer' is misleading. Made to look official when it clearly is anything but.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 15:49 by Adrian-L.

Date: February 19, 2018 15:59

bv
I have dates from May 17 into July 4 so it seems like a full tour. Some sources are single source so I need to protect those until I get the same info from other sources. Also, single source info is some times inaccurate. Having said that, the best way of confirming a rumoured show is by checkig hotel rates, because some people do know, high up, and it seems like hotel prices go high long time before I see the dates some times. May be they don't know WHAT will happen, but they know there is a demand for rooms that date...

BV can you please answer if you think this is the last stand?

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:02

slewan
Topi

so, if there's a show in Berlin it looks like that this might be the final show of the tour

Is it? Who said Berlin is rumored for 4th July? I think all dates stated were speculated, weren‘t they?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:08

I think I wait for the official announcement as I don't have any confidence
In any of these rumoured dates.
Looks like folk are doing there own wish list.
The only date I trust is the Pompeii one .....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 18:08 by terry.

Date: February 19, 2018 16:08

Adrian-L
South Hampton - someone doesn't know they're naval history to make such a grammatical faux pas!

This 'flyer' is misleading. Made to look official when it clearly is anything but.

Americans smiling smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:10

I believe no more than 14-15 shows, since 2015 they are not doing more gigs annually.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:12

Adrian-L

And/or by an American who doesn’t know their Southampton from the Hamptons grinning smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:14

wickerman
I believe no more than 14-15 shows, since 2015 they are not doing more gigs annually.

2016: 19 shows including private gigs, but with a long break

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:30

jumpontopofmebaby
bv
I have dates from May 17 into July 4 so it seems like a full tour. Some sources are single source so I need to protect those until I get the same info from other sources. Also, single source info is some times inaccurate. Having said that, the best way of confirming a rumoured show is by checkig hotel rates, because some people do know, high up, and it seems like hotel prices go high long time before I see the dates some times. May be they don't know WHAT will happen, but they know there is a demand for rooms that date...

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. He will never answer that. Unless Pompeii really is the last show, then we’re all going down yawning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 19, 2018 16:38

Beast
Adrian-L

And/or by an American who doesn’t know their Southampton from the Hamptons grinning smiley

Wick, Court, Hill.........so many to choose from

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 16:40 by Adrian-L.

Date: February 19, 2018 16:41

35love
jumpontopofmebaby
bv

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. He will never answer that. Unless Pompeii really is the last show, then we’re all going down yawning smiley

He would only know the answer if it was NO . And I would try to make the trip if I knew it was.

However if the US is to get one more run I would much rather take my chances and see them several time here.

So if you know BV...please share

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 18:41 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: February 19, 2018 16:55

Karlos123
slewan
Topi

Is it? Who said Berlin is rumored for 4th July? I think all dates stated were speculated, weren‘t they?

let's call it a mixture between guessing and reflecting on logistics:
if the date for Marseilles (June 26) is correct and rumored the date for the last show (JUly 4) is correct, too, and if the rumor that Berlin will get a show is also correct and given the fact the distance between Marseille and Warschaw is 1.500 kilometers (i.e. some 2.000 road kilometers) and the distance between Marseille and Berlin is 1.200 kilometers (1.500 road), my guess is that it is rather unlikely that the two shows after Marseille will be Berlin and Warschaw, but rather some place between Marseille and Berlin with a final show at Berlin
(and there's only time for two shows between June 26 and July 4)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 16:58 by slewan.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 17:07

Sounds like the Dublin show rumour is real but maybe some other band are using a simialr stage to the stones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

all about that licence though

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 19, 2018 17:45

Marseille, hum...I thought the UARena x3 were my last ones, oh well WTH I'll book a cancellable hotel just in case !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 19, 2018 17:53

slewan
Karlos123
slewan
Topi

if the date for Marseilles (June 26) is correct and rumored the date for the last show (JUly 4) is correct, too, and if the rumor that Berlin will get a show is also correct and given the fact the distance between Marseille and Warschaw is 1.500 kilometers (i.e. some 2.000 road kilometers) and the distance between Marseille and Berlin is 1.200 kilometers (1.500 road), my guess is that it is rather unlikely that the two shows after Marseille will be Berlin and Warschaw, but rather some place between Marseille and Berlin with a final show at Berlin

They could play on June 26, 29 and July 2 and 4. There was only one day off between Stockholm and the last European show in Roskilde in 2014. But okay, they are four years older now. Maybe a show in Holland or Belgium is more likely than Stuttgart (which is pure speculation, isn't it?)? Even the 1999 11 show tour had two Netherlands gigs.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2018 17:54

DandelionPowderman
I've heard from several sources that June 23 in London won't happen.

That would be a drag..
As the variance application decision isn't due until March 21st, and the tour announcement likely being before that, I had already speculated that the second date wouldn't be part of the original announcement. Perhaps that has influenced the rumors?

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 19, 2018 17:57

Given the capacity of these venues Old Trafford and Cardiff 74000, Twickenham 82000 and an (guestimated) average ticket price of £150/200 Is there really enough demand 7 or more shows in the UK ?

As much loved as they are I just don't see it

Date: February 19, 2018 18:01

kevos
Given the capacity of these venues Old Trafford and Cardiff 74000, Twickenham 82000 and an (guestimated) average ticket price of £150/200 Is there really enough demand 7 or more shows in the UK ?

As much loved as they are I just don't see it

At these prices, 5 UK shows are likely. Or they play in half-filled stadiums like in Germany 2006/07. But it is possible that prices are somewhat cheaper than last year, with more shows happening. But it ain't very likely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 18:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:04

Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Karlos123
slewan
Topi

They could play on June 26, 29 and July 2 and 4. There was only one day off between Stockholm and the last European show in Roskilde in 2014. But okay, they are four years older now. Maybe a show in Holland or Belgium is more likely than Stuttgart (which is pure speculation, isn't it?)? Even the 1999 11 show tour had two Netherlands gigs.

Hoping for a gig in Holland, but i guess that will be doubtful.
Jeroen

Date: February 19, 2018 18:05

They could, of course, announce the tour initially with shows on the 19th and 26th of June and leave the weekend spot open for "Twickenham #2" subject to approval. Somehow I think that's unlikely, too.

Date: February 19, 2018 18:06

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Karlos123
slewan
Topi

Hoping for a gig in Holland, but i guess that will be doubtful.
Jeroen

Wasn't there are rumour about Nijmegen or something like that a few weeks ago?

Date: February 19, 2018 18:22

Monsoon Ragoon

in Roskilde they didn't have to build their own stage, did they?

Holland? not to likely after two shows last year (I know Germany even had 3 shows, but there are 4,5 times more people living in Germany)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home