Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:23

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Karlos123
slewan
Topi
BTW if the tour were to extend until July 4, that's 6 weeks and 6 days. 48 days.

That time frame would fit with a schedule of roughly 2 shows per calendar week (a mid-week show and weekend show) and would allow at least 2 days off between shows.

Would give us 14 shows easily, even 15.

so, if there's a show in Berlin it looks like that this might be the final show of the tour

Is it? Who said Berlin is rumored for 4th July? I think all dates stated were speculated, weren‘t they?

let's call it a mixture between guessing and reflecting on logistics:
if the date for Marseilles (June 26) is correct and rumored the date for the last show (JUly 4) is correct, too, and if the rumor that Berlin will get a show is also correct and given the fact the distance between Marseille and Warschaw is 1.500 kilometers (i.e. some 2.000 road kilometers) and the distance between Marseille and Berlin is 1.200 kilometers (1.500 road), my guess is that it is rather unlikely that the two shows after Marseille will be Berlin and Warschaw, but rather some place between Marseille and Berlin with a final show at Berlin
(and there's only time for two shows between June 26 and July 4)

They could play on June 26, 29 and July 2 and 4. There was only one day off between Stockholm and the last European show in Roskilde in 2014. But okay, they are four years older now. Maybe a show in Holland or Belgium is more likely than Stuttgart (which is pure speculation, isn't it?)? Even the 1999 11 show tour had two Netherlands gigs.

Hoping for a gig in Holland, but i guess that will be doubtful.
Jeroen

Wasn't there are rumour about Nijmegen or something like that a few weeks ago?

Yeah, it was, but didn't hear anything from it since end of december or so... So I guess it's off

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:28

Is it possible an Italian gig(Milan)?!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:33

mailexile67
Is it possible an Italian gig(Milan)?!
Italian gig as in Pompeii?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:34

Nijmegen is not gonna happen

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:49

I really think (and hope) that they will end the tour in London

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 19, 2018 18:50

Adrian-L
Beast
Adrian-L
South Hampton - someone doesn't know they're naval history to make such a grammatical faux pas!

And/or by an American who doesn’t know their Southampton from the Hamptons grinning smiley

Wick, Court, Hill.........so many to choose from

You guys are snobs.

ETA: I apologize. Have I mentioned my English mother-in-law? No? Sorry again sometimes I lack skills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:17 by 35love.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:00

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

They could play on June 26, 29 and July 2 and 4. There was only one day off between Stockholm and the last European show in Roskilde in 2014. But okay, they are four years older now. Maybe a show in Holland or Belgium is more likely than Stuttgart (which is pure speculation, isn't it?)? Even the 1999 11 show tour had two Netherlands gigs.

in Roskilde they didn't have to build their own stage, did they?

Holland? not to likely after two shows last year (I know Germany even had 3 shows, but there are 4,5 times more people living in Germany)

They need two stages anyway if most shows are three days apart. Holland: there has never been an European Tour without Holland. It's true they just had two shows. But in 1998 there were six big shows in Holland and nevertheless two in 1999. That's actually the 3rd biggest market in Europe (France the 4th). If there are no current rumours regarding Holland that doesn't necessarily mean there will be no show. There are always surprises. I think they could sell out one stadium show in Amsterdam every year.

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:03

On July 7, the band will play in Warsaw. information still to be confirmed ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:05 by polandstones.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:13

polandstones

bv mentioned that he knows about dates from May 17 to July 4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:14 by slewan.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:16

polandstones

NO.
Jeroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:16

Monsoon Ragoon
They need two stages anyway if most shows are three days apart. Holland: there has never been an European Tour without Holland. It's true they just had two shows. But in 1998 there were six big shows in Holland and nevertheless two in 1999. That's actually the 3rd biggest market in Europe (France the 4th). If there are no current rumours regarding Holland that doesn't necessarily mean there will be no show. There are always surprises. I think they could sell out one stadium show in Amsterdam every year.

Where there two stages used for No Filter?
Should know this I suppose, but don't pay enough attention..cool smiley

Date: February 19, 2018 19:24

MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon

I don't know. But: Can they build up a stage like 2014 or 2017 within ca. 60 hours in a city that is sometimes many 100 kms away? Seems unlikely.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:30

Some infos about the stage used on the No Filter tour can be found here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:30

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't know. But: Can they build up a stage like 2014 or 2017 within ca. 60 hours in a city that is sometimes many 100 kms away? Seems unlikely.

After a bit of googling, it appears they used just the one. But, they made it easily adaptable for indoor arenas and designed to be quick shipped..

"WI designed and engineered all hardware from a touring perspective, with quick and efficient deployment at each gig on any possible site in mind, using bespoke dollies into which all equipment packs down for travelling. The company is well known for this characteristically practical approach."

[www.wicreations.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:33

According to Booking there have been a LOT of recent bookings in Marseille for 26/06 to 27/06, hehe...and why not since they can be cancelled for free until a few days before ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:34

So, quiet half hour at work and I think this summarises where we are at....
* 6 x relatively solid rumours (date + venue) for 2 x London, 2 x Manchester, Marsaille and Dublin
* 8 x potential free dates assuming 2 gigs a week (assuming Dublin is first date and tour finishes round about 4 July), of which
2 x quite solid rumours (venue, no date) for Southampton and Edinburgh

which leaves about 6 x dates/venues to go for a ful tour (of which a Poland, a final London show, Berlin, Cardiff have been recently mentioned)

.....that about right?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 20:31 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:37

MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon

After a bit of googling, it appears they used just the one. But, they made it easily adaptable for indoor arenas and designed to be quick shipped..

"WI designed and engineered all hardware from a touring perspective, with quick and efficient deployment at each gig on any possible site in mind, using bespoke dollies into which all equipment packs down for travelling. The company is well known for this characteristically practical approach."

[www.wicreations.com]

They had two stage structures in 2017. They started building the stage in Munich before the Hamburg gig took place. You can look it up on this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 19, 2018 19:41

yorkshirestone
* 6 x relatively solid rumours (date + venue) for 2 x London, 2 x Manchester, Marsaille and Cork
* 8 x potential free dates assuming 2 gigs a week (assuming Cork is first date and tour finishes round about 4 July), of which

which leaves about 6 x dates/venues to go for a ful tour (of which a Poland, a final London show, Berlin, Cardiff have been recently mentioned)

.....that about right?!

No,not about right..
No mention about Cork. I guess you mean Dublin..not that far away from Cork(???)
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 19:43 by corriecas.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 20:04

DandelionPowderman
Stone601
mailexile67
Any chances for a Pompeii gig?!?

Hope no !!!

Why?

Because I think that despite the amphitheater of Pompeii is a magical place, it has limits of capacity, only 3000 people. At this point it would be more appropriate a gig at the Verona Arena .... where the capacity is 5 times higher and the acoustics simply perfect.I have seen many concerts in the Arena over the last 30 years, Dylan, Santana N.Young, Lou Reed, Sting, P.Gabriell, Who ... and many others, and every time the place has never betrayed me. It would be perfect for the Stones .......but I think this will only remain a dream.

[www.google.it]

Date: February 19, 2018 20:31

corriecas
yorkshirestone
* 6 x relatively solid rumours (date + venue) for 2 x London, 2 x Manchester, Marsaille and Cork
* 8 x potential free dates assuming 2 gigs a week (assuming Cork is first date and tour finishes round about 4 July), of which

.....that about right?!

No,not about right..
No mention about Cork. I guess you mean Dublin..not that far away from Cork(???)
Jeroen

yep sorry - my bad, meant Dublin! edited now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 20:32 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 19, 2018 20:46

Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

Manchester 2nd June

Manchester 5th June

Edinburgh 9th June

Cardiff 13th June

Newcastle 16th June

Twickenham 19th June

Twickenham 23rd June

Marseille 26th June

Germany ? 30th June

Warsaw , London ? who knows

sc uk

Date: February 19, 2018 20:53

straycatuk
Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

Manchester 2nd June

Manchester 5th June

Edinburgh 9th June

Cardiff 13th June

Newcastle 16th June

Twickenham 19th June

Twickenham 23rd June

Marseille 26th June

Germany ? 30th June

sc uk

I'm pretty sure they real tour will be quite different, more Europe, less UK.

Date: February 19, 2018 21:07

Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk
Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

Manchester 2nd June

Manchester 5th June

Edinburgh 9th June

Cardiff 13th June

Newcastle 16th June

Twickenham 19th June

Twickenham 23rd June

Marseille 26th June

Germany ? 30th June

sc uk

Not sure about Newcastle. 2x Manchester probably it for northern demand. Last 3 times they’ve been up north it’s been a solitary gig (Sheffield in 99 and 06, Manchester in 03). Suspect the second Manchester rumoured date instead of north east (and I live in the north so not being regionalist about it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 21:08 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:08

Monsoon Ragoon
MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon

Believe me, if they want to do it, they can. It's only money/manpower

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:09

Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk
Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

Manchester 2nd June

Manchester 5th June

Edinburgh 9th June

Cardiff 13th June

Newcastle 16th June

Twickenham 19th June

Twickenham 23rd June

Marseille 26th June

Germany ? 30th June

sc uk

We shouldn't underestimate the level of appetite that there will be in the UK for a tour, given that they've played Manchester (the 2nd city of England, really) once since 1989 and barely touched the other regional cities. We've already seen last year, from Hamburg to Paris, that there's appetite from a new wave of fans (15 to 40 years old) to 'experience' the band and it'll be the same here in the UK. I know loads of older fans who've never seen the band, love the music, and will be going this summer knowing it's the last chance. I'm not saying price is irrelevant, but it's not going to stop the stadiums being filled. And the band's number-crunchers know that.

However... 5 gigs in London seems a lot - happy to be proved wrong!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 21:12 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:21

straycatuk
Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

very unlikely - check the O2 event calender: on May 20 BBL PlayOff Finals 2018, on May 26 AFROREPUBLIK feat. Wizkid (begining is 4 p.m.)

Date: February 19, 2018 21:48

exhpart
Monsoon Ragoon
MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon

Believe me, if they want to do it, they can. It's only money/manpower

The base of the stage is not to custom, so they can set the base 2 days ahead and then drive the unique parts with trucks for the last building day. Should not be any problem.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:50

slewan
straycatuk
Here's my guess -

Dublin 17th May

O2 London 21st May

O2 London 25th May

Southampton 29th May

very unlikely - check the O2 event calender: on May 20 BBL PlayOff Finals 2018, on May 26 AFROREPUBLIK feat. Wizkid (begining is 4 p.m.)

I was only been approximate with the may dates as I hadn't looked up availability. I hope they don't do arena dates tbh as the prices will probably be Vegas levels. I was just trying to fill the gaps but as I said it's only a guess.

sc uk

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:59

I think Dublin then 1 in Scotland, 1 Manchester 2 London then off to Europe. Maybe a festival appearance ? That british music festival at Knebworth desperately needs a huge act to not end up loosing a fortune.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 19, 2018 22:00

facebook account - nostopping..
first hint?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 22:01 by zgredzik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home