Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:51

Topi
erikjjf
Topi
They can announce the tour without Dublin no worries. In 2014 the announcement was staggered with Pinkpop and Werchter being the first shows, and more were announced later, including the tour/leg opener in Oslo.

Granted it would be strange to announce the tour without the planned opening show, but it's not impossible

In 2013, they announced the first nine shows in one go. The date for the opening show in LA was ”TBD” for a couple of weeks.

That TBD had to do with hockey and basketball playoffs IIRC.

Correct.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:51

In 2013 they held back the 3rd Philly show and replaced it with a show in Washington, because tickets did not move with the expecded speed for the first two Philly shows. Unless they feel 100% comfortable with complete sell-out at the usually high ticket prices, they might hold back on some shows at announement time, just to use the option of changing from one location to another, as they see how the price tag is working in the market.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:24 by bv.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:56

bv
slewan

as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…

Well I will buy tickets to every show, I live in Norway, so that saves the British some money. Also, I have many friends like a few thousand who travel around and have the same habit as me, also many friends who live in UK, so the tickets will probably be taken by some of us more than by others and any average British person.

PS. Eevery time the Stones play in Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland they sell out 40,000 tickets give or take a few, to a population of 5-10 million, which makes it like 1% or 1 in 100, not a big deal, I am sure they could sell 40,000 tickets in Iceland with a population of 330,000, which would make 1 in 9.

we know that you (and many others here) will buy tickets to all shows, but I don't think we are enough to make up for all those people in Britain (and anywhwhere else) who just don't dare about the Stones, are not able/willing to pay for high priced tickets etc.

and, well, it's always possible to find 40.000 people to come to a show in case shows like these are rare… (not exactly the case in the UK)

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 10:58

bv
In 2013 they held back the 3rd Philly show and replaced it with a show in Washington, because tickets did not move with the expecded speed for the first two Philly shows. Unless they feel 100% comfortable with complete sell-out at the usually high ticket prices, they might hold back on some shows at announement time, just to use the option of changing from one location to another, as they see how the price tag is working in the market.

Why don't they just drop their prices a wee bit and sell out everywhere??

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:24 by bv.

Date: February 23, 2018 10:58

So that means Manchester 2 and maybe London 2 will be anounced later?

Also i seem to remember that bv always puts one or two dates/venues wrong on purpose to track if rumours are from iorr or another source.

Is this true or did i dream this bv?

Date: February 23, 2018 11:04

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Also i seem to remember that bv always puts one or two dates/venues wrong on purpose to track if rumours are from iorr or another source.

for that kind of strategy Southampton might be a more likely candidate – since Manchester as well as London are place that anyone/the press might have guessed/rumored themselves.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:07

corriecas
Gazza
steffialicia
does anyone have an educated guess about where 5/22 and 5/25 shows might be held? suggestions about the most convenient to venue and safe section of town to reserve a hotel? thanks for your help friends.

I personally think they'll be at the 02. The other venue being mentioned is the London Stadium (Olympic Stadium). They're both in the same side of the city anyway, so unless you want something central, a hotel out east towards Stratford or the Docklands is your best bet.

Dont book anything thats non-refundable though.

There are other large stadiums in London which can stage concerts such as the Emirates (north London) or the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (again out towards Stratford at the Olympic Village)

What about a hotel in Greenwich?
Is that close?
eroen

Actually Emirates is ok, I saw Springsteen there one time (and it was end of May) don't remember which year but it was good sound easy access and I was able to sprinkle a little "bad luck" on the ground (this is Arsenals home ground for those unfamiliar) not a bad option at all but NO ROOF and you are chancing it outdoors in England in May (well, anytime)

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:10

bitusa2012
bv

I remember the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:25 by bv.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:15

So no official announcement today?

Date: February 23, 2018 11:15

bitusa2012
bv

a premium product has to have a high price. The price symbolizes premium quality… (just think about Macs, Coke etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:25 by bv.

Date: February 23, 2018 11:16

MAF
So no official announcement today?

the day has just begun… (it's 9:15 a.m in the UK)

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:16

bitusa2012
MisterDDDD
Travman87
So so so so excited for this tour. It's been 5 years since I last saw the greatest band ever live at Hyde Park 1 so another show is majorly needed. Hopefully I get to see them at all London shows.
Already have a ticket for Taylor Swift (Don't judge) at Wembley on June 23rd so glad Twickenham show 2 won't happen on that date haha.

Very excited as well!!
No judgement on preferring Taylor Swift over a 2nd Twickenham date.
Really glad for you that you can now take your daughter/wife/niece to her show.cool smiley

Chance of a Swift/Jagger reunion at the Stones show then?

I would love that, Mick joined her on stage in Nashville on her last tour and it was awesome.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:20

[www.double8tickets.com]

LOL, "arena tour" and "strong rumours".

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:26

O2Arena is possible

Date: February 23, 2018 11:34

Sici
O2Arena is possible

a lot of things are possible, but what's to come is hardly an arena tour…

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:46

bv
In 2012 they held back the 3rd Philly show and replaced it with a show in Washington, because tickets did not move with the expecded speed for the first two Philly shows. Unless they feel 100% comfortable with complete sell-out at the usually high ticket prices, they might hold back on some shows at announement time, just to use the option of changing from one location to another, as they see how the price tag is working in the market.

That was 2013, not 2012.

plexi

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 23, 2018 11:59

bitusa2012
bv

...Because 'they' don't set the rates.

The Stones are on a set fee for each gig.
The promoters work the market - setting ticket prices, etc.

And these guys DO "drop their prices " on & off; sometimes even (much) more than "a wee bit " actually.
Ticket rates are a fluctuating business these days; they move like a stock market.
And the same rule 'there' applies 'here': buy low. Don't jump just any old shark; don't be hasty.
Tickets will be ànd remain available, even up to the day before the concert in many cases.
Don't believe the constant "sold out!" hype (that usually only refers to the lot-of-the-moment.)

And eventually, 'they' DO "sell out everywhere "...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:26 by bv.

Date: February 23, 2018 12:07

I can't help it – I get the feeling that we won't see an announcement today…

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 23, 2018 12:09

slewan
I can't help it – I get the feeling that we won't see an announcement today…
So we've got the whole weekend preparing for what is gonna happen next week...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 23, 2018 12:09

Anyone booked a hotel in Stuttgart yet?

Date: February 23, 2018 12:13

schwonek

no need to (my mother lives there)

Date: February 23, 2018 12:16

bitusa2012
bv

Please do not bring this into a ticket price discussion. They simply bring the show to the places where there are people that want to see them. If they drop the prices below market price then scalpers/touts will buy up all tickets and you will have to deal with the secondary market a lot more. Since all shows have been selling out for ages now since 2012 I assume they know what they are doing.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:27 by bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 12:18

Ad Schwonek:

Gonna be 3 or at least 2 guys coming from Helsinki, we booked the Ibis Styles Stuttgart. Room for 3 with breakfast for 311€ for two nights.

Our back-up option (f only 2) is Hotel Spahr. Both of these are located in the Bad Cannstatt district withing about 2,5 km to the venue. That place had a double room for less than 200 for 2 nights last night.

I haven't looked if prices are going up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 12:20 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()

slewan
schwonek

Pension Mama - auch gut. I assume the transport is good to the arena. I booked motel one close to the main station.

Posted by: waterrats ()

ROTFL!

We have our announcement for today!

The Stones just issued this on Facebook:

An Immersive Cinema Screening of The Rolling Stone's Havana Moon, originally scheduled for Maidstone Studios is now at the Troxy Theatre in London and will take place on Friday 7th September 2018. For those that have already bought tickets you’re eligible for a full refund (contact your point of purchase which is given to you on the confirmation email) if the new venue and date don’t suit. For those that want to keep them we’ll see you there!

Date: February 23, 2018 12:21

PaintMonkeyManBlack

The rumour is usually what is booked at the moment, like I had 3 Philly on my list in 2012 initially, from insider sources, the 3rd show was even on the hidden Ticketmaster pages, but they took it off when the sales slowed down a bit between show #1 and show #2.

I do NOT place false info on my site for the purpose of tracking copycats. They are easy to spot anyway, because they will always fall behind on all the minor updates done during the stages.

Bjornulf

Date: February 23, 2018 12:22

Topi
Ad Schwonek:

Gonna be 3 or at least 2 guys coming from Helsinki, we booked the Ibis Styles Stuttgart. Room for 3 with breakfast for 311€ for two nights.

good choice – tram station close by, plus a nice park and a fontain with free minaral water (Cannstatt is famous for mineral water).

Date: February 23, 2018 12:23

waterrats
ROTFL!

We have our announcement for today!

The Stones just issued this on Facebook:

An Immersive Cinema Screening of The Rolling Stone's Havana Moon, originally scheduled for Maidstone Studios is now at the Troxy Theatre in London and will take place on Friday 7th September 2018. For those that have already bought tickets you’re eligible for a full refund (contact your point of purchase which is given to you on the confirmation email) if the new venue and date don’t suit. For those that want to keep them we’ll see you there!

that's what we were waiting for

Date: February 23, 2018 12:23

timbernardis
bv
In 2012 they held back the 3rd Philly show and replaced it with a show in Washington, because tickets did not move with the expecded speed for the first two Philly shows. Unless they feel 100% comfortable with complete sell-out at the usually high ticket prices, they might hold back on some shows at announement time, just to use the option of changing from one location to another, as they see how the price tag is working in the market.

That was 2013, not 2012.

plexi

Correct. It was 2013, in my mind the 2013 shows were the same tour as the 2012 mini-tour...

Bjornulf

Date: February 23, 2018 12:25

schwonek
slewan
schwonek

Pension Mama - auch gut. I assume the transport is good to the arena. I booked motel one close to the main station.

well, transportation is a bit messy around the central station since they are rebuilding it (Stuttgart 21)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home