Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT: Limited publication coffee table books are ripping off the fans
Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: August 29, 2017 00:59

I'm sure by now, many of you are aware that in a few months, Mick Fleetwood's special new pictorial autobiography Love That Burns, a chronicle of Fleetwood Mac up until 1974, will be published. Only 2000 copies shall be made, including 350 deluxe signed editions.

Deluxe, leather-bound coffee table books like these are simultaneously everything music fans want in such a book, and nothing, since many of them, at least initially, are only given very limited print runs, for price tags most people cannot possibly afford. As such, fans end up missing out on wonderful books and learning more about their favorite artists, and only hope that a general publication will eventually occur, as happened with I Me Mine and Jimmy Page's book.

I have no problem with the idea of doing deluxe editions. But as a general rule, I think books should be general publication from the start, at reasonable enough prices like $50 at the most. For example, Mick Jones' new book, A Foreigner's Tale, follows this rule.

Re: Semi OT: Limited publication coffee table books are ripping off the fans
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2017 01:07

But the carpenters constructing extra strength coffee tables are pullin' in BIG $$$$'s

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 29, 2017 01:29

Toxic34
I'm sure by now, many of you are aware that in a few months, Mick Fleetwood's special new pictorial autobiography Love That Burns, a chronicle of Fleetwood Mac up until 1974, will be published. Only 2000 copies shall be made, including 350 deluxe signed editions.

Deluxe, leather-bound coffee table books like these are simultaneously everything music fans want in such a book, and nothing, since many of them, at least initially, are only given very limited print runs, for price tags most people cannot possibly afford. As such, fans end up missing out on wonderful books and learning more about their favorite artists, and only hope that a general publication will eventually occur, as happened with I Me Mine and Jimmy Page's book.

I have no problem with the idea of doing deluxe editions. But as a general rule, I think books should be general publication from the start, at reasonable enough prices like $50 at the most. For example, Mick Jones' new book, A Foreigner's Tale, follows this rule.

One limited edition book that has never appeared in any other format is the biography of Ian Stewart.

It would be jolly nice if that could be got hold of for general release.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 29, 2017 16:02

Should ask Keith to solve it with The Code and a sword

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home