Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mick jagger one night stand
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:12

No, I'm not placing an ad!

True story: my afternoon slid into the tank. Life.

So la de da,
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME MICK JAGGER DOES FOXY LADY?

I mean really.

I'm going to have to pull up my mood to match:
(38:00 minutes in)

[m.youtube.com]

Re: mick jagger one night stand
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:17

you didn't ask ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:27

thanks for this 35; i didn't know either; some fast punk stonesy stuff with a hot band; good for Mick. good stuff. listening to foxy now; paul mccartney will whip into it now and again also. Jimi!! Mick!!!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:33

35love
No, I'm not placing an ad!
grinning smiley

This version is new to me too... FUN! Thanks for posting
link with insta-jump to "MY NAMES MICK!" and your song FOXY LADY!!

Mick certainly JAGGERIZES any song he sings... very distinctive

PS
I am happy to have not gone all in years ago tearing through every scrap of
music our guys have made... I like finding and hearing new stuff after all these years... FOXY!!!

Joe Satriani seems to have more fun than most guitars players like him smiling smiley

Date: August 27, 2017 06:09

Yeah guess I was up in the club eye rolling smiley'88

Total treat find. I love 'Foxy Lady'

xxoo

Date: August 27, 2017 06:41

Joe Satriani, Rolling Stone Magazine, June 2014

What did you learn from touring with Mick Jagger in 1988?
He was so professional. He wasn't a taskmaster. He didn't try to control everybody. He liked to bring people into the band that would surprise him. Just sitting down with him when he'd pick up an acoustic guitar and start playing, I was just amazed at what a natural musician he was. I realized at that time that he brought just a ton of stuff besides being a great showman; he was a deep musician and that was evident during the rehearsals. He was just so into the audience; he would do anything to make it a good show and that, to me, is so important. That shows the true mettle of a great artist, that they surrender themselves to the audience and want the audience to have a great time. And then, after the show, he wanted to celebrate with everyone.

Were you worried about taking that gig so early in your career? It was a controversial tour, because Mick refused to do a Stones tour and Keith Richards was doing his own tour at the time.
I was so out of the whole thing that I didn't really realize what it was all about. I was so on the fringe of music that I didn't concern myself with it. I wasn't reading Rolling Stone magazine. That was for successful people [laughs]. And so I just didn't think about it.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 27, 2017 08:22

35love
Joe Satriani, Rolling Stone Magazine, June 2014

What did you learn from touring with Mick Jagger in 1988?
He was so professional. He wasn't a taskmaster. He didn't try to control everybody. He liked to bring people into the band that would surprise him. Just sitting down with him when he'd pick up an acoustic guitar and start playing, I was just amazed at what a natural musician he was. I realized at that time that he brought just a ton of stuff besides being a great showman; he was a deep musician and that was evident during the rehearsals. He was just so into the audience; he would do anything to make it a good show and that, to me, is so important. That shows the true mettle of a great artist, that they surrender themselves to the audience and want the audience to have a great time. And then, after the show, he wanted to celebrate with everyone.

Were you worried about taking that gig so early in your career? It was a controversial tour, because Mick refused to do a Stones tour and Keith Richards was doing his own tour at the time.
I was so out of the whole thing that I didn't really realize what it was all about. I was so on the fringe of music that I didn't concern myself with it. I wasn't reading Rolling Stone magazine. That was for successful people [laughs]. And so I just didn't think about it.

Cool smoking smiley And reinforces what I thought about both men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-27 12:35 by HankM.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: August 28, 2017 07:41

Keith on his solo tours did Stones songs that he wrote like Gimme Shelter but I'm surprised that songs Mick did on his solo tours included some written mostly by Keith. For example in 1988 Mick did Ruby Tuesday which Keith wrote about his break up with Linda Keith.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 28, 2017 18:00

Yeah he probably really loves that one. Probably helped a little w recording and maybe a bit the final writing touches. A great vocal too. Astoundingly so. The Rocking Machine didn't write squat and owned everything he cut. Not talking about the publishing. Colonel had that racket covered. Klein probably worshipped at his feet!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 28, 2017 21:02

havent listened to that in a long time.

its somewhat annoying to hear the rushed intro to Gimme Shelter, and the 'rock' treatment of that song, way too fast, imo..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home