Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 24
Re: New Book, CD and DVD: 'The Rolling Stones: On Air in the Sixties' due out on September 7
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 7, 2017 18:41

Silver Dagger

The long-awaited Satanic Sessions in 5 CD format with the promised 20 takes of Gomper. Yay - it's party time. >grinning smiley<

It will be for me if it's takes not found on the bootleg box sets. grinning smiley

Re: New Book, CD and DVD: 'The Rolling Stones: On Air in the Sixties' due out on September 7
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 7, 2017 19:05

Possible NME might have gotten their wires crossed...they did get the UK release date wrong.

US publisher Harper Collins talks only of a DVD. US release date 9/26, btw.

[www.harpercollins.com]

Re: New Book: 'The Rolling Stones: On Air in the Sixties' due out on September 7
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2017 00:43

keefriffhard4life
24FPS
His Majesty
I hope this isn't spoiled by making it in to documentary form on the DVD, we don't need today's celebs giving their opinions on this stuff etc.

Let the original footage play and breath.

No kidding. We don't need a bunch of talking heads telling us what to think about the Stones. Just footage. And if they do it right, and the footage is mimed, they'll sync it up to the master recordings so it will at least be enjoyable, instead of 1960s TV mono.

some of the guests on stones in exile were just pointless

Maybe that's why I own it, but have never watched it twice.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 8, 2017 01:22

Well, now, this release sounds very interesting.

With the exception of BBC stuff, they were miming on most TV shows aside from the live vocals -- but these would still represent alternate studio recordings for the backing tracks.

I wouldn't want these to be "mocked up" to the original master recordings, because that's messing with the historical aspect of the televised document. Just a bit of touching up to make them better than the standard bootleg quality would be fine.

Is this an official release, sanctioned by the band? If so, nice of them to be giving such a nod to their early history. It's certainly something we should be seeing more of.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 10, 2017 15:38

We do not have a lot of information but we heard something (I think this would be an appropriate title fro the article)
„On Air In The Sixties“: The Rolling Stones veröffentlichen neues Album
[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2017 11:09

www.bol.com only mentions the book, about E 37,-.
Jeroen

Date: July 11, 2017 12:05

corriecas
www.bol.com only mentions the book, about E 37,-.
Jeroen
But they have 2 different English versions with different ISBN
1: ISBN13 9780753557556 - EUR 42,99 with release date 07-09-2017
[www.bol.com]
2: ISBN13 9780062471314 - EUR 37,99 with release date 12-09-2017
[www.bol.com]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 11, 2017 12:20

ironbelly
Another weird thing just appeared at Hoffman's forum
The Rolling Stones
Their Satanic Majest
LP
ROCK
ABKCO 50021
UPC: 018771500216
Release Date: 9/22/2017
LIST PRICE: $89.98
[www.bullmoose.com]

What is it, anyway? A bit too much for a single LP even for ABKCO, isn't it?

ABCKO are releasing a remastered 50th anniversary edition of TSMR. No extra tracks, unfortunately, but have been told by someone I trust that the new remaster is amazing.

syrel

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 11, 2017 12:21

syrel
ironbelly
The Rolling Stones
Their Satanic Majest
LP
ROCK
ABKCO 50021
[www.bullmoose.com]

ABCKO are releasing a remastered 50th anniversary edition of TSMR. No extra tracks, unfortunately, but have been told by someone I trust that the new remaster is amazing.

syrel

A joke?!?

Date: July 11, 2017 12:36

ironbelly
We do not have a lot of information but we heard something (I think this would be an appropriate title fro the article)
„On Air In The Sixties“: The Rolling Stones veröffentlichen neues Album
[www.rollingstone.de]

www.amazon.de.. E 28,0
Jeroen

Date: July 11, 2017 13:04

I love amazon sites.
amazon italy on pre-order
Editore: Virgin Books (7 settembre 2017)
Lingua: Inglese
ISBN-10: 075355755X
ISBN-13: 978-0753557556
Peso di spedizione: 789 g
EUR 36,44

Editore: Harper Design Intl (26 settembre 2017)
ISBN-10: 0062471317
ISBN-13: 978-0062471314
Peso di spedizione: 649 g
EUR 43,73

Does it mean that the book that will be issued on 26 September is paperback? Why in the world the mass is lower and the price is higher?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 11, 2017 14:07

Hardback edition pre-order 28,49 € at
[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 11, 2017 14:11

ironbelly
I love amazon sites.
amazon italy on pre-order
Editore: Virgin Books (7 settembre 2017)
ISBN-10: 075355755X
ISBN-13: 978-0753557556
Peso di spedizione: 789 g
EUR 36,44

Editore: Harper Design Intl (26 settembre 2017)
ISBN-10: 0062471317
ISBN-13: 978-0062471314
Peso di spedizione: 649 g

EUR 43,73

Does it mean that the book that will be issued on 26 September is paperback? Why in the world the mass is lower and the price is higher?

The Harper one is a hardback as well,at least it's what I read in the offer.
Difference in weight might be the use of different paper concerning the quality.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 11, 2017 14:33

Monsoon Ragoon
syrel
ironbelly
The Rolling Stones
Their Satanic Majest
LP
ROCK
ABKCO 50021
[www.bullmoose.com]

syrel

A joke?!?

No joke. I know someone involved in the production.

syrel

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 11, 2017 16:39

No mention on ABKCO's website as yet.
Which by the way has a picture of the original five, well four actually because Mick seems to gave been airbrushed out of the picture.(photo Gered Mankowitz).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 14, 2017 18:38

From Amazon UK description:

"TV and radio history as it happened.

Official history of the Stones through their TV and radio broadcasts throughout the sixties, tying into an album of previously unreleased radio and TV recordings, and a BBC documentary".

Date: July 14, 2017 18:41

smoking smiley

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: July 14, 2017 19:14

Cristiano Radtke

Official history of the Stones through their TV and radio broadcasts throughout the sixties, tying into an album of previously unreleased radio and TV recordings, and a BBC documentary".

>grinning smiley<

Date: July 14, 2017 19:29

Document-ugh.

Date: July 15, 2017 18:30

Cristiano Radtke

Looking forward to it. Ordered the book.
jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 19, 2017 18:18

There's a Dutch edition with a different cover on Amazon UK:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: July 21, 2017 14:04

Its been put back to sept 29,.
According to amazon.de. they send me an email this morning.
Jeroen

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 22, 2017 03:24

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

As we announced in April, the sixties will be honored at the beginning of September.

Indeed, a DVD featuring newly discovered and newly discovered images, a CD compilation of radio passages (including the BBC and excerpts from Musicoramas of 66 and 67), and a book written by Richard Havers entitled On Air In The Sixties are announced for Between 7 and 26 September.

It looks like the On Air cd will be a combination of BBC recordings and live recordings from the Paris Olympia Musicorama broadcasts.

I just hope that they release all of the songs that did not appear on their studio lps on this release.

Memphis, Tennessee
Roll Over Beethoven
Ain't That Loving You Baby
Beautiful Delilah
Cops And Robbers
Hi-Heeled Sneakers
Down In The Bottom
Crackin' Up
Fannie Mae
Craw-Dad

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 04:24 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 22, 2017 05:19

Anyone happen to notice this:

The book includes a letter Brian Jones wrote to the BBC in January 1963, requesting an audition for the Rollin’ Stones Rhythm and Blues Band. From there, their story is told through interviews, photographs and documents from the era. It concludes at the end of the decade, with a look at the band’s performance of “Let It Bleed” on BBC’s Ten Years of What TV special.

Read More: Rolling Stones to Release New 'On Air' Book and DVD | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 22, 2017 05:52

JMARKO

The book includes a letter Brian Jones wrote to the BBC in January 1963, requesting an audition for the Rollin’ Stones Rhythm and Blues Band. From there, their story is told through interviews, photographs and documents from the era. It concludes at the end of the decade, with a look at the band’s performance of “Let It Bleed” on BBC’s Ten Years of What TV special.

Read More: Rolling Stones to Release New 'On Air' Book and DVD | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Based upon this - CD compilation of radio passages (including the BBC and excerpts from Musicoramas of 66 and 67) it doesn't appear that Let It Bleed would be included on the cd.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 22, 2017 06:21

boogaloojef
JMARKO

Based upon this - CD compilation of radio passages (including the BBC and excerpts from Musicoramas of 66 and 67) it doesn't appear that Let It Bleed would be included on the cd.

According to Zentgraff, it was a live vocal over backing track. I'm more curious if it will be part of the DVD as I have never seen video or stills from this appearance.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 3, 2017 15:53

Amazon.co.uk lists it as book-only, hardcover, 320(!!) pages, release Sept. 21.

No mention of CD nor DVD (stand-alone nor included), though.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: August 5, 2017 12:18

Bol.com from the Netherlands announce three versions of the book, a Dutch translation and two hard covers in English. The most expensive of E 42,99 should have 2 Dvd's. Can this be true?

Alex.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: August 5, 2017 12:35

At the site of the Publisher Penguin Books the book is announced with a double DVD too, but more expensive:

[www.penguin.com.au]

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: August 5, 2017 13:11

To my knowledge there will be a seperate DVD and/or CD release.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home