Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Will the Stones ever play Toronto again?
Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: June 19, 2017 08:02

'Will the Stones ever play Toronto again?'

That question weighed heavily on my mind in 1981 when I was a 14 y/o Stones fan living in Toronto.

Today in the dozen or so seconds it takes to compose this post from my office in Tokyo I'm allowing myself to feel stupefaction that there are people living where I once lived who still ponder such laughably unimportant questions.

And it dawns on me that I prefer stupefaction to the tired old act the Stones have become.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 19, 2017 08:34

Ottawa would be preferable to Toronto, although it's more important that they play North American states/provinces/cities that they have never played before. Why play Denver for the hundredth time when they can do Cheyenne?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2017 09:02

Swayed1967
'Will the Stones ever play Toronto again?'

That question weighed heavily on my mind in 1981 when I was a 14 y/o Stones fan living in Toronto.

Today in the dozen or so seconds it takes to compose this post from my office in Tokyo I'm allowing myself to feel stupefaction that there are people living where I once lived who still ponder such laughably unimportant questions.

And it dawns on me that I prefer stupefaction to the tired old act the Stones have become.

i can't get no stupefaction

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 19, 2017 11:06

Why is there so much reference on this Forum to the "Stones health'??
You don't get the same pessimism with say, Dylan, Macca, Neil Young.
Mick-other than occasional voice problems, in robust health.
Keith-according to some people, will outlive us all
Charlie-had cancer treatment and has recovered well, looks the youngest of them all!
Ronnie-only recently, his throat lesion, but at the moment seems to have been dealt with.

Chuck Berry, Buddy Guy, Jerry Lee , BB King have/had no issues with touring, Jerry Lee has had multiple health issues.
And compared to most musicians, the 'grind' of touring is more than offset by the extremely luxurious support systems in place.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2017 11:24

If they find out about STG's pork roll they will ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 19, 2017 12:57

jlowe

Not for Dylan and Macca, true. The latter's dyed hair has persuaded some people that he's yet to turn 64. But the vultures have been circling for Neil in other forums. Some of the others you mention faded away in the awkward public glare rather than burned out.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2017 13:17

jlowe
Why is there so much reference on this Forum to the "Stones health'??

If you roll one die (of several dice) then there is 1:6 chance it will be a six.
If you roll four dice then it is 1:6*6*6*6 = 1:1296 chance you will have four times six.

If one of the stage members with Dylan, Macca or Young is not stage ready then they may hire another available act for that position. But you can't replace Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie with a hired act and pretend it is still the Stones.

It is not about health. It is more about being willing, to agree, to get together, to make a decition where four guys and not just one boss decides... And then, in addition, of course they need to be stage ready as well. I saw Bo Diddley sitting on a chair on stage. I can't see Mick and Keith on chairs at a show really, for an entire show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 19, 2017 19:14

Rockman
If they find out about STG's pork roll they will ......

Now everybody is gonna want a piece! angry smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 19, 2017 19:51

No.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 20, 2017 00:45

Forgot which tour it was but one of my favorite Mick quotes fro the stage: "we always feel welcome in Toronto - even when one of us is getting arrested" LOL

Date: June 20, 2017 01:03

Now everybody is gonna want a piece!

not really .... Chuck's a vegetarian ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 20, 2017 01:41

Date: June 20, 2017 01:46

aaaaaawwww.......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: June 20, 2017 12:18

The question should be would the Rolling Stones ever play London Ontario again?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 20, 2017 13:34

Lynd8
Forgot which tour it was but one of my favorite Mick quotes fro the stage: "we always feel welcome in Toronto - even when one of us is getting arrested" LOL

1975?

Date: June 20, 2017 13:43

Monsoon Ragoon
Lynd8

1975?

Two years prior to the Toronto bust?

Date: June 20, 2017 13:56

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Lynd8

1975?

Two years prior to the Toronto bust?

Oh sorry. I mixed it up with Boston.

Date: June 20, 2017 16:23

DeanGoodman
Ottawa would be preferable to Toronto, although it's more important that they play North American states/provinces/cities that they have never played before. Why play Denver for the hundredth time when they can do Cheyenne?

Sure,it would be better to try new places but,I was just trying to be realistic. They might throw in a couple of new cities if they ever tour North America again but,I doubt the whole tour would consist of places they haven't performed before.

Also,I don't think that they have played in Denver all that many times outside of the 1994 to 2005 period. Boulder in '75 and '81 but it has been almost 12 years since the Denver 2005 concert. Red Rocks would be nice,especially for the acoustics of the venue.

Date: June 20, 2017 17:06

Denver and Phoenix are the biggest US cities that are not visited much, right?

Date: June 20, 2017 17:20

Monsoon Ragoon
Denver and Phoenix are the biggest US cities that are not visited much, right?

They are right up there. Also San Jose,Baltimore,Rochester but,they miss shows because of other relatively nearby large cities. New Orleans has been missing shows I think because of its general economic state.

Date: June 20, 2017 17:21

Every time I'm at Massey Hall, I fantasize about a Stones show there. That would be it for me.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home