Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: RIP, Chris Cornell
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: May 31, 2017 02:37

HankM
I wonder what the final tally will be as the nonsense in this thread piles up?

The pile of nonsense will grow and grow... and grow...
some folks have no filter from their brains to their fingers

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2017 02:38

umakmehrd
Boognish
Hairball
"I think he was a little nervous about playing in Detroit, the music capital of the world, and he took a little too much of the Ativan."
Cornell had been a music professional since the 80s. I'm sure he's played Detroit dozens of times. But all of a sudden he was nervous? I don't buy it.

Agreed Boognish - Chris was an amazing talent wicked voice - Sounds like he battled addiction his whole life just listen to alot of his lyrics - Its a sad story and even sadder that he leaves behind a wife and kids....

Be yourself, is all that you can be...

To clarify, that quote above is from his friend and not by me (see below).

His friend Kevin Morris shares some details of that final show:

"Chris Cornell's friend, Detroit artist and musician Kevin Morris, who attended the singer's final show with SOUNGARDEN on Wednesday (May 17) at Detroit's Fox Theatre, has told People.com that something was definitely wrong with Chris at the gig. "The whole performance, you could tell something wasn't right," Morris said. "Into the second song, he started getting disoriented or something. I just figured he wasn't feeling well. Everybody felt there was something going on," Morris continued. "Like he wasn't with us. Like he was on a cloud. It was like he was really fighting to get through the show." He added: "What was troubling him I don't think we'll ever know. I think he was a little nervous about playing in Detroit, the music capital of the world, and he took a little too much of the Ativan."'

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 02:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: May 31, 2017 03:37

Hairball

Yes, I know. Hence my use of quotations smiling smiley

Date: May 31, 2017 04:19

Boognish
Hairball

Yes, I know. Hence my use of quotations smiling smiley

OK cool thumbs up - just wanted to be extra clear as that type of tabloid style speculation isn't my thing.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 31, 2017 05:02

StonedInTokyo
stonehearted
StonedInTokyo
life expectancy has never been higher.
"Expectancy" is a bit of a qualifying word -- it didn't help James Dean much, or Buddy Holly, did it?

The human life span is the same as it's always been -- 120 years or so.

All the rest is circumstance: [gerontology.wikia.com]

That's maximum life expectancy, not average life expectancy, which was about 40 years of age in 1900.
That's hogwash. That statistic comes from throwing in all the childhood diseases that proved fatal -- lots of youth fatality in those days.

Still, there were plenty of average folks who lived to a ripe old age. People ate a starchy diet at that time, but they moved around a lot more -- hence, not such an epidemic of obesity like today.

Considering also all the cancer and such that runs rampant these days, thanks mainly to the poisoning of the food chain through chemical processing, the 21st century is not the healthiest point in human history, thus the quality of life expectancy is not so great either -- especially not with all the prescription drugs Big Pharma doles out so routinely.

Used to be car commercials were the most frequent advertisements on television, now it's all these garbage pill commercials. How did we ever get to such a sorry state?

You can expect the quality of life expectancy to only get worse.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 3, 2017 04:36

Chris Cornell Autopsy Report: 'Drugs Did Not Contribute' to Death
[www.rollingstone.com]
confused smiley
rip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-03 04:39 by hopkins.

Date: June 3, 2017 05:33

hopkins
[www.rollingstone.com]
confused smiley
rip

Sad. Considering there were "seven different drugs..found in Cornell's post mortem toxicology report" suggests that drugs contributed to his state of mind prior to his death, which then ultimately led him to suicide.
Maybe he didn't directly OD from any of those seven different drugs, but they certainly did contribute to the cause imo.

RIP

Date: June 3, 2017 06:33

Hairball
hopkins
[www.rollingstone.com]
confused smiley
rip

Sad. Considering there were "seven different drugs..found in Cornell's post mortem toxicology report" suggests that drugs contributed to his state of mind prior to his death, which then ultimately led him to suicide.
Maybe he didn't directly OD from any of those seven different drugs, but they certainly did contribute to the cause imo.

RIP

exactly

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 3, 2017 07:01

Hairball
hopkins
[www.rollingstone.com]
confused smiley
rip

RIP

Or he decided he would do it, so loaded him self up w/ drugs to numb the pain, or make sure he didn't back out

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home