Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 22, 2017 11:06

Cristiano Radtke
exilestones
Was Sticky Fingers Live part of the Zip Code Tour or was it a separate project?

“Ladies and gentlemen, on their first US concert for the Zip Code Tour, The Rolling Stones!”, as it was announced that night.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: September 22, 2017 14:19

MisterDDDD
Two years and many live shows later, this is still going to (is) a tough show to watch. Sat outside the Fonda for the better part of three days (first in line for much of it) only to end up trying to listen from the outside.

Had a great time and was at the opener in SD (and many other zip code shows)but this one left a mark. So close but yet..

Met a lot of great people though, and had a couple close encounters with Mick (@Fonda and rehearsals) and also ended up "on the rail" at a couple subsequent shows, but not gonna lie, not sure if I can watch this one yet..sad smiley

Absolutely agree - I flew in from the UK to try and make the show and ended up sitting outside. I still haven't been able to listen to the itunes release...

syrel

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 22, 2017 14:33

I have a similar story about Vredenburg. Fully understand. It's a real heartache. Best wishes in future endeavors.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 22, 2017 17:34

hopkins
Cristiano Radtke
exilestones
Was Sticky Fingers Live part of the Zip Code Tour or was it a separate project?

“Ladies and gentlemen, on their first US concert for the Zip Code Tour, The Rolling Stones!”, as it was announced that night.

Thank you. I see now it was officially part of the tour but it seems like a separate project to me.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 23, 2017 05:49

Well yes to me too; the very special masterful exuberance on display in this small, elegant and excellent theater;
a real super "big club" kind of excited and rockin intimate vibe.
Participating, involved fans.
Everyone can see everyone else. Tight jammed happy sweaty fans.
Band sounds great and masterful. Jaguar there really Commanding.
Nice vintage stuff played with exuberance and also imo,
very touching versions of the ballads,
as well as a purty damn believable Brown Sugar that was hot.
Good news this release.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 10:56 by hopkins.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 06:39

I just watched it. Awesome.

Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:36

Hey Roller99,

Does it include any of the fan interviews that were conducted upstairs at the Fonda before the show? My daughter and I were called in to the interview to talk about how the song Brown Sugar had impacted our lives. I am hoping that interview appears in the bonus material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 20:39 by kdsalter.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:01

syrel
Absolutely agree - I flew in from the UK to try and make the show and ended up sitting outside. I still haven't been able to listen to the itunes release...

syrel

Believe we hung out and commiserated some, Syrel.. with a girl from Toronto whose name escapes me now.. it was a tough night for sure. - Mike

Date: September 26, 2017 22:11

kdsalter
Hey Roller99,

Does it include any of the fan interviews that were conducted upstairs at the Fonda before the show? My daughter and I were called in to the interview to talk about how the song Brown Sugar had impacted our lives. I am hoping that interview appears in the bonus material.

Unfortunately, no. I'm disappointed because I gave testimony too.

Date: September 26, 2017 22:12

I have the number of the producer, I'll see if I can get the footage.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 26, 2017 23:10

MisterDDDD
syrel

syrel

Believe we hung out and commiserated some, Syrel.. with a girl from Toronto whose name escapes me now.. it was a tough night for sure. - Mike

Cheers to you both, you are the real fans, the real deal! smileys with beer

You both have and own a great story, although it did not end right, it is still a good story. I understand the bittersweet. Keep on keeping on, the harder you work the luckier you will get... sooner or later.

I am jonsing for Friday and it it been a long time since I felt like this... I wanna SEE this show!!!

Thanks again to roller, you insight is always appreciated!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 27, 2017 01:16

I hope the sound of the bluray is good. They really f_cked up the Havana moon and ole concert footage with the sound being so low. I had to crank my stereo just to hear the damn thing.

Date: September 27, 2017 04:36

I don't think you'll have that problem....

Reviewed: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: September 27, 2017 05:13

syrel
MisterDDDD
Two years and many live shows later, this is still going to (is) a tough show to watch. Sat outside the Fonda for the better part of three days (first in line for much of it) only to end up trying to listen from the outside.

Had a great time and was at the opener in SD (and many other zip code shows)but this one left a mark. So close but yet..

Met a lot of great people though, and had a couple close encounters with Mick (@Fonda and rehearsals) and also ended up "on the rail" at a couple subsequent shows, but not gonna lie, not sure if I can watch this one yet..sad smiley

syrel

I drove a few hours in hopes of getting in but sat outside the whole time.
I knew my chances of getting in were nearly 0% but it was still disappointing to be shut out. The pain would have lessened if the Stones had played Sticky Fingers on the rest of the tour or at least a bigger chunk of it than they did.
So, I'm curious to hear this show but I'm also very reluctant to be reminded of what I missed.
Watching this will feel like high school when all the cool kids would have a party and I wasn't invited.
That said, I suppose I'll break down eventually and buy it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 27, 2017 06:00

likecats
syrel
MisterDDDD

syrel

I drove a few hours in hopes of getting in but sat outside the whole time.
I knew my chances of getting in were nearly 0% but it was still disappointing to be shut out. The pain would have lessened if the Stones had played Sticky Fingers on the rest of the tour or at least a bigger chunk of it than they did.
So, I'm curious to hear this show but I'm also very reluctant to be reminded of what I missed.
Watching this will feel like high school when all the cool kids would have a party and I wasn't invited.
That said, I suppose I'll break down eventually and buy it.

I sat at home with my laptop apprx. 50 miles from the venue and tried to get tickets when they went on sale online - a near impossibility no doubt. After I failed, I threw in the towel and went about my daily business knowing there would be a snowball chance in hell to get in if I drove down there. I remember the show thread, and reading about people scrambling from one theater to the next in hope of extras. Some friends from Huntington Beach lined up at the El Rey where the lucky people picked up their tickets hoping for extras...needless to say they didn't get what they were looking for. I went to the San Diego opener, and for the first time in many tours, that was the only show I attended. After the 50 and Counting tour with Mick Taylor of which I saw six shows, I saw no reason to see more than one show without him. Plus the fact it was the only show in California, and I had no intention of traveling all the way to Texas which would have been the next closest.

Looking forward to the dvd..........thumbs up......but wish Mick Taylor would have still been with them to grace the songs which he originally played on the studio versions.

Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: September 27, 2017 08:32

OK. Lemme know if you get it.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 27, 2017 13:45

Here's the invitation from Universal for the Sticky Fingers Live release party in Amsterdam on Friday.

I've send an email to the address on the invitation for guest list and it worked!

Heidi.Bouw@umusic.com

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 27, 2017 17:25

Cant make it to the screening because im at the Waterhole where some Rock&Roll band is gonna playspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-27 17:26 by spunky.

Date: September 28, 2017 01:17

spunky
Cant make it to the screening because im at the Waterhole where some Rock&Roll band is gonna playspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

smileys with beer

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 28, 2017 02:56

I remember once upon a time somewhere someone re-edited Sweet Summer Sun with the bonus tracks in their right places. Is anybody doing that with this set? I can provide proof of purchase but would love this to play right.

Date: September 28, 2017 05:20

[ew.com]

Wild horses video from Fonda

Date: September 28, 2017 05:26

You have to scroll to second video on the link

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2017 05:38

Bashlets
[ew.com]

This is too damn beautiful, thank you very much for sharing it! smileys with beer

Date: September 28, 2017 10:37

Lovely!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 28, 2017 10:51

Bashlets
[ew.com]

^

Thank you. This is such a beautiful version. But I was listening under headphones and the reverb on all channels makes me mad. It sounds like I'm listening to a concert from the restrooms of a stadium.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 28, 2017 11:30

DandelionPowderman
spunky

smileys with beer

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:47

Wow! I love the way the Wild Horses clip is filmed. Nice, long shots. No frantic cuts every 2 seconds, and not too Jagger-centric. Maybe it's less frantic because it's a ballad, but I hope the whole thing is edited just like this. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 16:12 by Ross.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:59

20 may 2015, seems so so far...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 28, 2017 19:58

Thanks for sharing the clip! It was beautiful! This and Brown Sugar are stellar. Mine has been shipped by Amazon, can't wait for tomorrow!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 28, 2017 20:04

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 15:29 by UrbanSteel.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home