Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 27
Re: Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda to be released on DVD/Blu Ray
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:11

flairville
Someone is misinformed around overdubs. The solo on She Was Hot from SAL isn't overdubbed, in fact during the end of the song they reach an absolute high and Lisa starts screaming and Mick can't move fast enough. It's a brilliant version.
I'm not aware of overdubs on Live Licks either.
The Biggest Bang from Texas is overdubbed, massively and that's why I don't watch it.

If the Zilker Park, Austin TX 22/10/2006 show has overdubs, then why did they leave in Keith's fu#k up on 'Sway' - when he hits a wrong chord pretty blatantly?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:46

To let people think it has no overdubs winking smiley but watch Under My Thumb, pretty obvious...

Date: August 13, 2017 05:14

Edit, or no edit, overdubs...IMO is all a moot point. It's Jagger;s singing who makes it unbearable for me to watch or listen to.
Take "She Was Hot" from SAl e.g. - it has the best moment ( for me the only tolerable) in the film, when Lisa "whoops it up for a second, and maybe gets Jagger to cut loose for a bit. But through the whole song he has given this minimalistic, whiny half talk,half sing-song kind of delivery.
So when I see "Sway", "She Was Hot", "CYHMK" on a setlist it doesn't mean much. They are austere perfunctory readings.
He showed more heart & soul in "Ole Ole" sitting on that chair with Keith yodeling along to 'Country Honk'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-13 05:17 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 2, 2017 13:23

Just got a mail by amazon.de.
My order of the DVD/CD combo has been cancelled without further explanations.
Other formats,although all without the CD included are still available up to know.
Whatever that means...

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 2, 2017 14:46

Looks like a dvd / blu ray only and a digital download from Sticky Fingers live !
No cd included

[www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rolling+stones+sticky+fingers+live+fonda&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arolling+stones+sticky+fingers+live+fonda

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 2, 2017 14:48

Lien
Looks like a dvd / blu ray only and a digital download from Sticky Fingers live !
No cd included

[www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rolling+stones+sticky+fingers+live+fonda&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arolling+stones+sticky+fingers+live+fonda

Yes, the Vinyl isn't available anymore too. What a letdown...I fear we won't get the whole show in correct running order as an audio.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 2, 2017 15:35

Lien

On jpc.de they're still listed:

3LP+DVD: [www.jpc.de]

DVD+CD: [www.jpc.de]

And no changes in the Press-Release from [www.Eagle-Rock.com] ....

Edit:

3LP+DVD still on [www.Amazon.de] ,

DVD+CD still on [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 15:55 by Irix.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 2, 2017 21:10

Have any clips been released? Looking forward to this concert!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 2, 2017 21:55

Lien
No cd included

I just ordered BluRay/CD package from Amazon US for $19.89.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 2, 2017 21:55

JohnnyBGoode

Have any clips been released?

Yes: [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 4, 2017 16:52

Extended trailer with some snippets of interviews with the Stones:

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre (Trailer)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 19:45

So just to be certain, because I've made this mistake in the past and had to rebuy the same thing just for the extra bonuses...there are no extra tracks/videos on the Japanese version, correct? Just TShirt and Poster?

Date: September 4, 2017 19:49

VoodooLounge13
So just to be certain, because I've made this mistake in the past and had to rebuy the same thing just for the extra bonuses...there are no extra tracks/videos on the Japanese version, correct? Just TShirt and Poster?

That's what it looks like. There's some infos here, thanks to irix: [iorr.org]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 00:42

Thank-You Christiano!! I'd tried clicking on those links but for some reason they weren't working for me. I appreciate the help!!

Date: September 13, 2017 17:04

This movie will have a special premiere in Paris, on September 19:

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com.br]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 13, 2017 18:01

Cristiano Radtke
Extended trailer with some snippets of interviews with the Stones:

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre (Trailer)

Charlie like: "What's the cover? Can't remember the cover . ." lol

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 14, 2017 09:30

From the Stones official twitter account:

"Brown Sugar - Live At The LA Fonda Theatre, RT if you want to see the full track uploaded!"

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 14, 2017 16:12

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 14, 2017 16:21

Boy that clip is exciting; i'm thinking maybe overdubs post production who cares; it's pretty slamming got to say and Im an old school guy from the wayback machine....might in some essential ways, when we get persepctive of more passing years, sorta coupled sith Glastonbury during the 50th, sort of a last gasp full on Hurrah, or considered to be so down the line. That's my impression this morning after seeing the short clip anyway.

Date: September 14, 2017 16:28

Thanks! thumbs up

What a splendid version it is!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 14, 2017 17:42

DandelionPowderman

Thanks! thumbs up

What a splendid version it is!

the difference beteween the two no filter first show and this brown sugar is abyssal
2 years it's long

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 14, 2017 17:58

Shame they took the mix with too much reverb for the DVD. Bob Clearmountain also mixed a drier version and I hoped that it would be on the DVD..

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:03

mosthigh
flairville
Someone is misinformed around overdubs. The solo on She Was Hot from SAL isn't overdubbed, in fact during the end of the song they reach an absolute high and Lisa starts screaming and Mick can't move fast enough. It's a brilliant version.
The Biggest Bang from Texas is overdubbed, massively and that's why I don't watch it.

If the Zilker Park, Austin TX 22/10/2006 show has overdubs, then why did they leave in Keith's fu#k up on 'Sway' - when he hits a wrong chord pretty blatantly?

The only overdub from Zilker that I'm positive about is where you can hear Keith come in with the trademark Under My Thumb riff but if you look at him, he's fishing in his pockets for his cig lighter or something, lol.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 14, 2017 23:07

HonkeyTonkFlash
mosthigh
flairville

The only overdub from Zilker that I'm positive about is where you can hear Keith come in with the trademark Under My Thumb riff but if you look at him, he's fishing in his pockets for his cig lighter or something, lol.

I'm glad they redid the solo in She Was Hot. I so both of those shows and it wasn't good.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:29

StonedRambler
Shame they took the mix with too much reverb for the DVD. Bob Clearmountain also mixed a drier version and I hoped that it would be on the DVD..

Agreed. I just cancelled my pre-order.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 15, 2017 05:28

Got mine from Japan today. I Haven't watched the Blu-ray yet but I have listened to some of the CD and it sounds a little dryer to me

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2017 05:48

Amazon still has my pre-order on the vinyl/dvd listed for release Sep 29

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: September 15, 2017 18:46

I don't mind the overdubs so much. The first obvious one is where Keith clearly hits second part of the opening riff at the 6th fret on his way down to the 5th where it should be. Theres plenty of raw audience filmed youtube videos for us to nerd out on, I don't mind a few polished ones like this to add to the live playlist I put on the TV for party music.

This is one of the better if not the best of the proshot post-2012 videos I've seen. The mix is what it is. Not how I would have done it, but not terrible to listen to. Sounds better on speakers than through headphones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 18:47 by erbissell.

Date: September 15, 2017 19:29

The Rolling Stones – From The Vault – Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 (Eagle Rock Entertainment)

Posted on 14th September 2017 by Adam Keys

From The Vault – Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015” by The Rolling Stones is the fifth release “From The Vault”, a series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official releases.

The album, which features a Blu-Ray DVD of the performance, is set for release on the 29th September, and is everything you’d expect from a live Stones’ release.

Opening with Start Me Up, The Stones bring their disciplined, polished approach to the table, with a perfect blend of clean crisp sonic appeal, coupled with the swirling atmosphere of the Fonda Crowd.

No one does live albums like The Rolling Stones. But, then again, no band is quite like The Rolling Stones. From the off, Jagger’s vocals are refined, powerful and as bluesy as ever. Keith Richards lead guitar spins an enchanting web of sound, while the acoustics of the 91 year old Los Angeles venue take these classic sounds to a whole new level.

For Stones fans who have snapped up their live releases for the last ten years (Shine A Light, Totally Stripped, Ladies and Gentlemen, Some Girls, Havana Moon), Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 will sound very familiar – but, that’s a familiar mark of quality, not a criticism.

Although each of these bulletproof live albums have crossover tracks, most notably Start Me Up, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Wild Horses and Brown Sugar, they are have such beautiful set variations that fans can get a feel for the incredible nature of a Rolling Stones’ show.

Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 sees the band play a number of tracks that you won’t hear them play too often, and to hear them elevated on the live stage in a truly wonderful thing. You Can’t Hear Me Knocking, Sister Morphine and When The Whip Comes Down see The Stones bring added percussion, stronger backing vocals and a faster, more frenetic pace to the stage.

Sonic additions aside, Jagger has an ability like none other to adapt the lyrics of a song to match the changes in tempo brought by his troops. This is done time and time again throughout this release, with such delicate, subtle tweaks that ensure for an effortless flow of phenomenal blues rock energy.

Sticky Fingers: Live At The Fonda Theatre 2015 it’s another album that you absolutely must get your paws on!

[rushonrock.com]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 16, 2017 01:10

A great!!! version of BS!!! Great sound and mix!!! And they play fantastic!

Two years later...now it´s all gone...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home