Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:22

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja!!!!!!!!

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: September 3, 2017 22:26

Cannot figure out the atage yet... curious how it looks tommorrow

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:31

It looks comletely new! Not the old frame with new layout, it's a whole new stage setup!! I am sooo excited how it will look on thursday. Woooooow, Stones I love you!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:39

schwonek
Karlos123
Foo Fighters... Playing in Berlin a day later.

Exactly. I keep the fingers crossed. And then imagine Stones and Foo Fighters playing Miss you.

I´ve seen them ´97 at Giants Stadium, when Dave Grohl wasn´t too pleased
to play in front of a Stones audience. I remember him saying "we are from
another generation". On the second day he seemed to dig the warm response
by the crowd and said "The Rolling Stones is next" when leaving the stage.

I´d like Abi Wallenstein to open.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-03 22:54 by TooTough.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:59

schwonek
Irix
schwonek

Don't know if that has been discussed, is there an opening act?

Yes (according to Hamburger Abendblatt), but it will be officially announced next week and it should be a well known one -- [iorr.org] .

Wellknown artists on tour in September in Germany:
- Westernhagen
- Sting
- Udo Lindenberg
- Fanta 4
- Metallica (well...)

Aaaaaand:
- Foo Fighters (to play Berlin the day after)

Westerhagen? bah
Sting? Never trust singing bass players…
Lindenberg => most vobiously the worst possible choice (although he's somehow Hamburgs local hero)
Fanta 4 and Rolling Stones are obviously uneasy bedfellows
Metallica? - not without Lou Reed

btw: I have a spare Lucky Dip ticket for Hamburg => [iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-03 23:15 by slewan.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 3, 2017 23:23

I arrive in Hamburg on Wednesday night. The forecast is currently rain every day until my flight home on Sunday morning angry smiley

Posted by: basti ()
Date: September 3, 2017 23:36

I hope for the foo fighters !

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 4, 2017 10:31

Anybody knows where lucky dip desk will be located?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2017 11:30

bisonvodka

Anybody knows where lucky dip desk will be located?

The Promoter's Serviceteam should know it: rollingstones@fkpscorpio.com .

Date: September 4, 2017 11:33

basti
I hope for the foo fighters !
No way.

They are a huge band with a fee of 1milion i think. So just no.

Date: September 4, 2017 11:45

PaintMonkeyManBlack

They are a huge band with a fee of 1milion i think.

AC/DC were 3 times the Opening act for the Rolling Stones in 2003 in Germany, therefore: never say never ....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 4, 2017 11:58

Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

AC/DC were 3 times the Opening act for the Rolling Stones in 2003 in Germany, therefore: never say never ....

Axl is "pretty tied up" at the moment...

Date: September 4, 2017 12:01

erikjjf
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Axl is "pretty tied up" at the moment...

But Brian is back...

Date: September 4, 2017 13:40

I hope Keith remembers to bring his magic rain stick...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 14:25

Some people got answer from FKP Scorpio and they say that even small cameras are NOT allowed

Date: September 4, 2017 15:02

nothing will be allowed. But I really hope they'll change their mind on umbrellas

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 4, 2017 15:04

grzegorz67
... The forecast is currently rain every day ...

Every night I hope and pray
"Dear lord, hear my plea"

d.f

Date: September 4, 2017 15:08

hockenheim95
Some people got answer from FKP Scorpio and they say that even small cameras are NOT allowed

I was one of those who asked on FB. Absolutely pathetic but at least we know the rules now and I know to be sure not to take my camera in. I suppose I'll have get a new phone now with a decent camera in it. It's the 1st concert I've been to in 10 years where cameras were explicity forbidden. I hope it's not the same for the rest of the tour as I bought a new small camera specially for it.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 4, 2017 15:10

slewan
nothing will be allowed. But I really hope they'll change their mind on umbrellas

That's the number 1 thing that should always be banned at any concert. Nothing's more annoying than someone blocking your view with an umbrella.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 15:17

slewan

Sorry, but if I stand in the middle of a crowd and someone in front of me would take out his umbrella....sorry but NO smiling smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 4, 2017 15:21

You beter get some poncho's instead of umbrella's.

Date: September 4, 2017 15:35

hockenheim95
slewan

Sorry, but if I stand in the middle of a crowd and someone in front of me would take out his umbrella....sorry but NO smiling smiley

the point/problem is rather waiting in the pouring rain for hours before the show

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 4, 2017 15:49

Previous comments about support act make me very curious.
Any hints or rumors in German media today?

Posted by: basti ()
Date: September 4, 2017 16:15

bisonvodka

Not at the Moment

I hope so for one Band !!!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 4, 2017 16:25

Weather forecast is still rain. Umbrellas are my pet hate at concerts. Take a poncho or waterproof jkt with hood. I would be amazed if they stopped everyone with a small camera.

sc uk

Date: September 4, 2017 16:35

bisonvodka

They will announce it early this week - [www.RollingStone.de] .

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 4, 2017 16:58

I called the promoter FKP Scorpio a minute ago. They won't allow any cameras inside. When I said mobile phones also have cameras, the guy on the phone said that's something different. So bring your your best cellphones smiling smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 4, 2017 17:05

I've just bought a clip on lens for my phone . Only £8 off of ebay , so I'll risk taking that.

sc uk

Date: September 4, 2017 17:08

latvianinexile
I called the promoter FKP Scorpio a minute ago. They won't allow any cameras inside. When I said mobile phones also have cameras, the guy on the phone said that's something different. So bring your your best cellphones smiling smiley

I was hoping you'd pop up on this thread Latvian, with all those great photos you've shared with us in the past few years. Yes indeed, it does seem that Cameras of any kind are a strict no-no, which is a big disappointment sad smiley. I'm heading over to Hamburg on Wednesday night so I'm going into town in a minute to look for a phone....

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 17:26

latvianinexile

Cellphones today have cameras just as good as any compact camera, so "that's something different" comment makes no sense at all of course.

I remember that in the rules for the Waldbuhne concert in 2014 it also said that NO cameras were allowed. Somebody wrote them or called them, I don't remember exactly, and got exactly the same response. In reality there was no problem whith compat cameras of course.

If you call the promoter with such a question, you speek with somebody who is everything but in charge. He/she decides nothing and since saying "no" is always a safe choice, he/she will always tell you that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home