Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Ranking all the 373 Rolling Stones songs
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 12, 2017 04:53

Send It To me
22. 19th feverous breakdown

grinning smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 12, 2017 17:10

Rockman

Now I know why we get 8 of these every show, sometimes 9.

Date: May 12, 2017 17:26

Monsoon Ragoon
Rockman

Only 7 of these are played regularly..

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 17:41

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Rockman

Only 7 of these are played regularly..
Yep, I count 7.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 12, 2017 18:27

Okay, but SFM was played at at least half of all shows since 1969. Semi-warhorse. Interesting aspect. They obviously not only play them to death because the casual fans want only super hits. In fact Keith wants to play his favoured songs. We have some lucky that Angie isn't in his Top 10...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 10:05 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 12, 2017 19:49

yeh i got 8 out of those, from all the stuff I've heard across the decades live.
it's cool they've gone to Tuesday now and again. total gift to hear fonda's I Got The Blues. Mick sings this so great. He knows it's working. The band is great right here. I was surprised to like it so much.
I don't remember where this writer rated it but it's always been one of my favorites ever since released.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:03

Great 28 would have to find a home for Child of The Moon,Sway, Play with Fire, Have You Seen Your Mother

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:13

During the huge two year ABB tour, I only remember six of Keith's top 10 played regularly. SFM, GS, RT, and IGTB were only played very infrequently, if at all.

I remember hearing GS, at least once then at Fort Lauderdale, and I thought it was terrible. Neither Keith or Ronnie were playing well then, so better to shelve GS. Once they returned, after a few years, and with Ronnie sober and Keith actually trying hard, they have been doing good versions of GS - and I'm pleased it's been back in the regular setlist.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:14

Moonshine
Great 28 would have to find a home for Child of The Moon,Sway, Play with Fire, Have You Seen Your Mother

we are swamped with great stuff. I've got my own top 30 on any given day, and half of those would probably not be on other fans top 30...
...btw i'd probably need an additional list to cover a couple of dozen essentials beside these!!
Here's an alt version of 'have you seen your mother...'
[www.youtube.com]
thumbs up

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:24

hopkins
Moonshine

we are swamped with great stuff. I've got my own top 30 on any given day, and half of those would probably not be on other fans top 30...
...btw i'd probably need an additional list to cover a couple of dozen essentials beside these!!
Here's an alt version of 'have you seen your mother...'
[www.youtube.com]
thumbs up

Not heard this before, thanks for posting

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2021 16:37

I came across this link today:

[www.vulture.com]

and spent an enjoyable half hour sifting through this dude's ranking. Didn't agree with all the rankings, and for the inexplicable love for all that was Dirty Work, but still found it an enjoyable read, and loved the top ten ranking for HYSYMBSITS.

I duly did a 'search' and found this was already posted in 2017 so thought I would resurrect it rather than create a new post. Enjoy if you haven't read this already and feel like killing some time.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home