Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has Live With Me ever been performed live with the "proper intro"?
Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: September 8, 2005 03:35

I mean with the original solo bass/drum-bass one, which has to be one of the most exciting, funky ones... I bet Daryl could do a real fine job at recreating this on stage... Yet Keith seems to insist, on the DVD, on hammering it too heavy, even too fast, all by himself... Even on Ya-Yas, it was not the way it should be (funky, instead or merely rock-heavy)... Did he made a point at not giving Bill Wyman due credit on this or something?

Re: Has Live With Me ever been performed live with the "proper intro"?
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 8, 2005 07:02

KR plays the bass on the studio recording. That's probably why he plays it himself in concert.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: September 8, 2005 07:06

Didn't Daryl play more or less the true intro on some club gigs in 2002? I think the Boston club gig boot features Daryl playing Keef's original bass line. I can listen real quick and confirm if anybody gives a rat's arse.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: September 8, 2005 07:18

OK, my mistake. It's from Oakland, '99, opening night of No Security Tour. Daryl starts playing KR's original bass line. Charlie jumps in quickly, but in effect it's what you're talking about: the opening notes of Live With Me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home