Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: OT: Musical confessions
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2017 03:27

wonderboy
I like the Go-Gos.

Our Lips Are Sealed

smiling smiley

I like the Go Go's better than Bruce Springsteen.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 18, 2017 03:30

I had a Belinda thing for awhile. I bought her solo album. Whoa there's another confession. I thought she was the lovliest thing....i even liked her chubby....loved her....i think she's still looking great and doing great...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2017 22:37

Big confession for this board: Traditional blues, while I appreciate it, is something I rarely go out of my way listen to. I'm never like "man, time to fire up the Muddy Waters." I like Clapton's pop and rock songs better than his purist stuff.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2017 01:19

....^^^^ .... Okay but first spend three days in a
darkened room with Muddy's - Little Geneva on repeat then get back to us .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2017 01:30

I like She's So Cold much better than She Was Hot.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 19, 2017 01:31

Can't listen to Sting. But I have a weakness for novelty songs going back to George Formby.

Date: April 19, 2017 01:35

hopkins
I like She's So Cold much better than She Was Hot.

No French champagne for you! grinning smiley

Date: April 19, 2017 01:40

I like She Was Hot much better than She's So Cold .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2017 01:43

Rockman
I like She Was Hot much better than She's So Cold .....

Champagne's chilling for ya!

Date: April 19, 2017 01:43

Down the avenue into the lost bayou
Into the tall bamboo, back to the human zoo
I wish you all the best, I hope we meet again
..... XFX

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2017 01:45

...can I have two bottles...???????????

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2017 01:50

Rockman

...can I have two bottles...???????????

Can you handle 2 bottles??? Then grab a cab, grab a cap baby...

Date: April 19, 2017 01:52

Yeah Yeah ...I handle anything .. any body .....

She was lost, and she took a chance
At just a brief romance
..... XFX

ROCKMAN

Date: April 19, 2017 01:56

[Smooch!]

Date: April 19, 2017 04:47

Rockman
Yeah Yeah ...I handle anything .. any body .....

She was lost, and she took a chance
At just a brief romance
..... XFX

because it sure had been a long cold winter, now if they'd cover Autmn Leaves and we'd have it covered. You know when everything is turning to gold?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2017 23:41

Send It To me
Big confession for this board: Traditional blues, while I appreciate it, is something I rarely go out of my way listen to. I'm never like "man, time to fire up the Muddy Waters." I like Clapton's pop and rock songs better than his purist stuff.

I'm with ya. I love blues but can never have just a steady diet of it. How many I-IV-V patterns can you listen to in a row? I know it's the feel of it that makes each song special but still, the required limitations of the chord patterns get a bit boring for me with constant saturation. That's why I love the Stones. They took the limitations of the blues and evolved it into a more diverse and satisfying new genre, all their own! (Also why I have still only listened to their blues album 3 times, preferring their own original songs.)

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 21, 2017 16:23

hopkins
I had a Belinda thing for awhile. I bought her solo album. Whoa there's another confession. I thought she was the lovliest thing....i even liked her chubby....loved her....i think she's still looking great and doing great...

Always a hottie.... even a little chubby

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 21, 2017 18:33

I already mentioned over at the "What Are You Listening to Right Now" thread how "Cat's in the Cradle" and "In the Living Years" can cause me to tear up thinking about my dad. But just had another thought which would apply to this thread:

I enjoy listening to Air Supply. I have their Greatest Hits album loaded into my "GooglePlay" account and rarely, if ever, do I fast forward over one of their songs when it pops up in Shuffle mode.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 22, 2017 03:18

hopkins

Me too! Her poppy solo work was great..at least her hits (like Mad About You) because this is all I heard. What a beauty she was and she knew it, we knew it via her MTV videos which got into frequent rotation. A select few of Sarah McLaughlin too such as "Into the Fire" what a sexy tune!

Date: April 22, 2017 04:14

Too Fast For Love - Motley Crue

[s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-22 04:15 by hopkins.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:17

I know every word. sad smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 22, 2017 07:26

I beat an empty cookie tin and thought that I was Ringo... in 1963.

I like a lot of disco from 1978 through 1982.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2017 08:32

MileHigh

[www.youtube.com]

smiling smiley

I used to bash on my older brothers acoustic guitar aimlessly along to Day Tripper (and the rest of the yesterday and Today album) when I was 3 or 4 years old. I vividly remember one time my mom and aunt spying on me through a crack in the door, and then start laughing. I should have shown them my Pete Townshend smashing his guitar impersonation, but don't know if I learned that one yet.winking smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: April 22, 2017 16:22

I used to think Liza Minelli was the shiznit.

Posted by: StoneTony ()
Date: April 22, 2017 20:54

I just listened to Muddy Waters' "Little Geneva" based on your recommendation. Great blues song. Also, the first line is "Standing in my kitchen, looking way out across the fields".

Which Mick stole verbatim (or pays tribute to) in 'No Use in Crying'.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 22, 2017 21:03

Hairball
MileHigh

[www.youtube.com]

smiling smiley

I used to bash on my older brothers acoustic guitar aimlessly along to Day Tripper (and the rest of the yesterday and Today album) when I was 3 or 4 years old. I vividly remember one time my mom and aunt spying on me through a crack in the door, and then start laughing. I should have shown them my Pete Townshend smashing his guitar impersonation, but don't know if I learned that one yet.winking smiley

A lot of people wanted to be drummers, at least for a minute, due to Ringo.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 22, 2017 23:35

Valeswood
The Joker
I dig Slade

Slade were awesome and were a fantastic live band. This is not a confession, more a statement of fact!

Early 70'ies I was heavy listener of The Sweet - Sweet Fanny Adams and Desolation Boulevard. Two good albums. Then I moved back to Stones, Led Zeppelin and Blues

Date: April 22, 2017 23:52

People are really baring themselves; so here goes: "Guilty" - Barry Gibb/Barbara Streisand.[youtu.be]
(Just typing that name felt foreign.)

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: April 26, 2017 15:11

Another confession... even though the first time I listened to the Stones or other music it was from my father's very limited vinyl collection, I never owned or collected any vinyls. Grew up on cassettes in the 80ies, then moved on collecting everything on CD. Even though I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile at one point in the last couple years I just said screw it and started using just audio downloads and eventually moved on to streaming almost exclusively. The convenience of being able to access any music I like in a moment trumps sound quality for me now. Especially given that I listen to most music on my commute anyways. Now once I retire in a couple decades I will probably sit down more and look for a better sound quality again.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 26, 2017 21:45

SomeTorontoGirl
I know every word. sad smiley

Growing up in New England this was a part of my annual Thanksgiving traditions and I probably had all the words memorized well into the 90's. Unfortunately many people I encountered here in the southeast, didn't think it needed to be a part of their traditions and I was voted down to the point that the lyrics faded from my active memory.

Fast forward a decade or two years...

About 3-4 Thanksgivings ago, someone at the table asked if I had any Thanksgiving family traditions from "up north". I said, "Yes, I do. It's a traditional song that was played on local radio every year." After a quick youtube search, my wife, kids, in-laws, & some friends were introduced to the story of Alice's Restaurant. Although my wife now requests that I wait until the meal is "officially over", last Thanksgiving my youngest daughter asked for "The Thanksgiving Song" before we started and I pressed play during desert. The chorus has now turned into a big sing-along for the kids and although her eyes roll every time, the smile on my wife's face watching her kids laugh and sing along makes me think she likes it too!

Thanks for posting a happy memory STG!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home