Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What About Perth 1973 as a Vault Release...
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 9, 2017 16:30

If anything needs a proper upgraded Vault release it's the Perth & Sydney shows from 1973 Australian tour. The Stones were a beautiful. incandescent rock & roll train wreck in these early 1973 concerts and they are easily at the top of my wish list...maybe even more than El Mocambo, lol. Those incredible boots from the tour...'Welcome to Australia', 'Black Strap Jacket', Happy Birthday, Nicky'...have given me years of listening pleasure. Raw, ragged and rambling....Taylor ripping through solos...perfect set lists. I think I've played these boots even more than the super-perfect Brussels. Sadly, I think Mick would shuddder in horror at the thought of these rough and raunchy concerts being released. Too bad...because they are killer shows...

Gimme Shelter Perth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-09 16:39 by palerider22.

Re: What About Perth 1973 as a Vault Release...
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 9, 2017 16:59

Yes I agree - that would be awesome!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 9, 2017 17:07

I agree but this one probably exists only as a raw 8-tracks line recording so chances it gets released are zilch.
Mick only chooses "pro" recordings for the SA.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 9, 2017 17:43

thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 9, 2017 18:11

Waiting for mocambo, a box from deep down under it is a must have on from the vault, serie 2, 24,26,27-02.

Date: April 9, 2017 18:36

Thanks for posting. Killer version indeed. Bobby Keys almost sounds like playing an alto sax during the intro. Where is Taylor's (rhythm) guitar before his solo?

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 9, 2017 19:54

Unfortunately Vault releases are always video plus CD only. So Eagle Rock will release something that is on video like San Jose 99, Shepherds Bush 99, Licks club gigs, Paris 1976.

This also rules out our dream of a El Mocambo 77 release.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: April 9, 2017 20:56

Good choice, but until I get El mocambo released, nothing else matters that much to me as a new vault release.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 9, 2017 22:06

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 11:17 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 10, 2017 02:54

UrbanSteel
henrik87
Unfortunately Vault releases are always video plus CD only. So Eagle Rock will release something that is on video like San Jose 99, Shepherds Bush 99, Licks club gigs, Paris 1976.

This also rules out our dream of a El Mocambo 77 release.

Not the Eagle Rock/Ward Record Releases. They included Brussels Affair 1973 (without Video ) in The Super DeLuxe Marquee Club Live In 1971 release .

However, Brussels had already been released as a download and as pricey box set. It was not a new Japan only released show without video.

It appears they are trying to save the nonvideo releases for Super Deluxe Editions of the albums like they did with the Roundhouse and Leeds 1971 shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-10 02:55 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 10, 2017 03:07

Perth 1973 is probably my favorite boot of all time. Nicky's birthday and the band just rocking!

As far as the Gimme Shelter, who knows what was going on with Taylor. He doesn't come in until later and is using a wah pedal. Maybe it was malfunctioning? It's always a pleasure to hear Taylor traverse outside his normal "plug in and play" sound of that era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-10 03:09 by TravelinMan.

Date: April 10, 2017 09:07

TravelinMan
Perth 1973 is probably my favorite boot of all time. Nicky's birthday and the band just rocking!

As far as the Gimme Shelter, who knows what was going on with Taylor. He doesn't come in until later and is using a wah pedal. Maybe it was malfunctioning? It's always a pleasure to hear Taylor traverse outside his normal "plug in and play" sound of that era.

The question is rather what was going on with Charlie smiling smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 10, 2017 17:23

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan

The question is rather what was going on with Charlie smiling smiley

Probably the same what was going on 9 years later at Wembley at the start of She's So Cold.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 10, 2017 17:39

Well the Brussels From the Vault had no video. So they still can do it without a video!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home