Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live CD's for individual shows
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:14

I know some bands have released a series of cd's of different shows along a tour - Pearl Jam maybe? Wonder if there are enough fanatic bootleggers out there for the Stones to make money doing a similar thing? Would be fun. How many of us freaks on this board would buy up all 50 from the US tour?

Re: Live CD's for individual shows
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 6, 2005 22:16

metallica do it on their webpage. you can pick a show and buy it.
great idea.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 7, 2005 08:17

They exp[lored the idea last tour and I guess figured that it would not be profitable on the grand scale or too many obsticles. U2 was looking into loading new shows on iTunes, that never surfaced as of yet.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 7, 2005 08:24

The idea would be to buy the shows you went to. Or if there was an exceptionally good show you weren't at, you'd want that, too. But no one's going to "collect them all".

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 7, 2005 08:27

it has nothing to do with being profitable - it's basically pure profit, in fact...there's virtually no overhead involved. it has everything to do with the Stones (read: Mick) disrespecting their fans and being overly protective of their "live legacy."

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 7, 2005 13:46

We've been through this so many times.

Date: September 8, 2005 00:26

I am sure that people would collect them all.I know people who have collected 95% of the '02/'03 shows,all that are available,and they're almost all unofficial audience recordings that cost about $50 for a double cd set.Imagine if they were all soundboards sold officially for what - like $10 each?Some people say nothing beats an excellent audience recording (it's more like actually being at the concert) but,most don't fall into that category even though the standard of quality is improving.These soundboards would offer great recordings of each show.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 8, 2005 02:15

the Who did this for charity on USA 02 tour ,,i grabbed 4 shows ,,2 which i attended,,their sbds,,but the sound could of been better on these IMO,,,ya can buy them now on their web site

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 8, 2005 02:52

doing it and giving some if not ALL the proceeds to charity as the Who did would make many fans happy and be an awesome good deed. The Stones have done numerous benefits....this whole tour could become one in that way...hope they're listening! :-)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 8, 2005 08:51

chippy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the Who did this for charity on USA 02 tour ,,i
> grabbed 4 shows ,,2 which i attended,,their
> sbds,,but the sound could of been better on these
> IMO,,,ya can buy them now on their web site

I can actually hear myself, quite clearly, on the Grand Rapids 8/27/02 CD. During the intro to Won't Get Fooled Again, a drunken buffoon can be heard to yell "ROCK AND ROLL YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" That would be me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home