Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Star F****r writing credits
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 13, 2017 04:26

Never noticed before, but in Apple Music the writing credits for Star Star are listed as Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and one Lescano Mauricio.. Anyone know anything about this?

Rod

Re: Star F****r writing credits
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 13, 2017 06:25

Peculiar - had never noticed that either - nice catch! A cursory search uncovered nothing. Will be curious to learn who this might have been.

-swiss

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2017 07:04

bitusa2012
Never noticed before, but in Apple Music the writing credits for Star Star are listed as Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and one Lescano Mauricio.. Anyone know anything about this?

Good spot, I've never noticed that.

I never heard about a Lescano Mauricio but I heard about a Mauricio Lescano, also known as Junior who was a football (or soccer, in USA) player. He started to play guitar and sing in an argentinian band named La 25 whose connections to the Stones are the fact that they are heavily influenced by them, which reflects on their sound.

Also, the name of the band has its origins on a story about a shirt that was supposedly worn by Mick on a concert and somebody bought it. The guys from the band fought between themselves to wear that shirt (which had a "25" printed on it), so they were known as "the guys of the 25", which gave them the name for their band.

Apart from these Stones "connections", I don't have any clue about how that Lescano Mauricio (if it's the same Mauricio Lescano aka "Junior") could appear on the writing credits for that song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 07:58 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:03

Its a big mistake from Apple, "La 25" did make a cover of "Star Star" with lyrics on spanish and released around 2003-2004, it was credited to Jagger/Richards/Lescano (Lescano is the singer of La 25) just for the "spanish adaptation" and Apple just made a stupid mistake.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:08

georgelicks
Its a big mistake from Apple, "La 25" did make a cover of "Star Star" with lyrics on spanish and released around 2003-2004, it was credited to Jagger/Richards/Lescano (Lescano is the singer of La 25) just for the "spanish adaptation" and Apple just made a stupid mistake.

those fruit coloured ibooks weren't anything to write home about either!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:20

georgelicks

Thank you georgelicks, I didn't know about that and of course I had to look it up. cool smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:53

Should be Jagger Richards Berry

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 13, 2017 09:55

georgelicks

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 13, 2017 10:11

swiss

video: [www.youtube.com]

made me guffaw!... that was unexpected, quick and fun ny drinking smiley

Date: March 13, 2017 12:11

bitusa2012

Probably the late Steve MCQueens's nickname.

Date: March 13, 2017 12:48

TheflyingDutchman
bitusa2012

Better call up John Wayne's family to tell them John should be credited as well, then winking smiley

Date: March 13, 2017 13:11

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
bitusa2012

Better call up John Wayne's family to tell them John should be credited as well, then winking smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 13, 2017 14:04

exhpart
Should be Jagger Richards Berry
thumbs up

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:04

I always wondered if Ronnie had any input into Star, Star? He is said to have been involved and/or written IORR and the way they play IORR live, it has the same guitar intro as Star, Star. He also sings a lot of backing vocals on Star, Star if you go back to the videos from the '75 tour.

Date: March 13, 2017 17:08

georgeV
I always wondered if Ronnie had any input into Star, Star? He is said to have been involved and/or written IORR and the way they play IORR live, it has the same guitar intro as Star, Star. He also sings a lot of backing vocals on Star, Star if you go back to the videos from the '75 tour.

That intro came later, and was played by Keith. Most of the Stones's Chuck Berry covers have that intro as well.

However, Ronnie had Black Limousine down as early as in 1973, so anything is possible smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home