Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Spanish Tony" : Death Record Found?
Posted by: redrum ()
Date: October 1, 2005 17:31

I suppose the name "Tony Sanchez" is about as common as "John Smith". Thus, I can't say weith certainly that this is "THE" 'Spanish Tony" Sanchez: but it coulds very well be.

Is it the 1996 edition of "Up & Down" that claims Sanchez "...died a few years ago"? If the statement originates from the 1991 edition. this can't be him:. Any of you Brits have access to London Times obituaries?

"England and Wales, Civil Registration Death Index: 1984-2002 Record
about Antonio Sanchez
Name: Antonio Sanchez
Death Year: 1994
Birth Date: 28 Sep 1948
Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 1994
Registration District: Sutton
Inferred County: Surrey
Inferred Country: England
Register Number: B2B
Entry number: 47 "

Re: "Spanish Tony" : Death Record Found?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 1, 2005 18:08

wow! ur new nickname is scoop!

Date: October 1, 2005 18:36

Unbelievable. I was just looking this up on the web last night - as I had heard that he had in fact died (Nikki Sudden Web site), but that is the ONLY thing I had been able to find regarding his demise. I still dont know if the guy is dead or alive, but morbidly curious.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 1, 2005 18:39

the guy was a scumbag , but his book is hillarious. there's no way he can remember obscure exact quotes from keith in the stae of mind they were both in!

i mean even if Keith ever said "go fu ck yourself froggie" to someone, who would remember it years later?

Date: October 1, 2005 19:02

JJ Flash, et al.

Ha, ha! Yeah...I think (Spanish Tony) a scumbag too! Yes, "morbid curiousity" is my motive here.

In "Up & Down", near the beginning of the book, Sanchez claimed he was 19 years old (around the time he photographed the Moody Blues cover). I figure this was about 1966? Thus, he'd have been in late 40s in mid-1990s, give or take a year.

If some Brit had access to London Times obits, that would be a great help!

Where is this website of which you read of Tony yesterday?

The book is cool, even if its trash & BS. I like the harbormaster incident and the stories around time of "Exile"> The good old day at Redlands in the 60s: episode with "Yorkie" the dog, Brain's mock suicide attempt in Keith's moat....all good stories (half-truths?).

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 1, 2005 19:07

I would have thought he was a couple years older - only 30 when U & D came out? Looks older on the 1st edition cover foto. Thus a mere lad of 20 when Brian died?...

Date: October 1, 2005 19:34

John r: You ask a valid question. Further research is needed.

Date: October 1, 2005 19:52

OK:

It seems that the MOODY BLUES first album, "GO NOW!" came out in July 1965. According to Sanchez, he took the photo that appears on the cover. He says he was age 19 at that time (mid-1965). That would put him at about 23 when Brian died (mid-1969), 33/34 when "Up and Down" came out, and somewhere between 48-49 years old in 1994. Again, I don't know for certain that the death record I have found is the infamous "Spanish Tony".

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: October 1, 2005 20:43

The rumors of my demise have been grossly exaggerated.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 1, 2005 21:39

redrum Wrote:

> Register Number: B2B

Now, THAT's ironic!

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:10

Might seem hard to believe but Tony Sanchez is my great granddad, so I can confirm he has passed away, im not entirely sure that record is correct though,

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 5, 2011 19:36

I recall someone claiming to be Tony Sanchez's grandson posted here awhile back; Nick Dominguez, is that your father?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 5, 2011 20:46

J.J.Flash
wow! ur new nickname is scoop!

Isn't it from the movie with Jack Nicholson "Shining" written with blood on the wall - at 1:25 in the trailer

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:36

nickdominguez
Might seem hard to believe but Tony Sanchez is my great granddad, so I can confirm he has passed away, im not entirely sure that record is correct though,

Grandfather or Great Grandfather? Which is it? Mystery continues....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 11, 2017 20:05

I am sure there are websites which (for a fee) can confirm date of death details.
Though it would probably help to know which country he died in.

Date: March 12, 2017 11:20

Do we need to know when in 2000 he passed?

Nick did another thread, but I'm not sure if the date was mentioned?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 12, 2017 11:41

Is "Nick" for real...an actual relative? Is "Spanish Tony"'s last name Sanchez, after all? (etc etc.)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 13, 2017 07:11

swiss
Is "Nick" for real...an actual relative? Is "Spanish Tony"'s last name Sanchez, after all? (etc etc.)

He did post what appears to be an authentic, rare photo of Tony when he was young. But he said he wanted valuation advice on various RS artefacts, and he was given contact details from a helpful expert who lives near him in London, and he has not followed up on that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home