Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Jagger release ?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 13, 2017 02:32

Check this link

Scroll to end under : No set date as yet
Is the one and only Mick Jagger

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 02:33 by Deathgod.

Re: New Jagger release ?
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 13, 2017 03:01

Interesting

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2017 03:04

I predicted this!

eye rolling smiley

Date: March 13, 2017 04:34

Do they list any sources? So far, this is all I've heard of a new solo Jagger album, and I've never even heard of this blog. How reliable are they?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 13, 2017 05:25

for some reason I must admit that I am not particularly encouraged by this.
It's a bit sad to say because you know...evening gown; i mean that's a five star stunner; that's over the top gorgeous; a top flight track on anybodys album anytime in hisotry...but then there's Lets Work which is...well...let's just say it does not work for me...

and especially now, with over a year over huzzah about Stones recording originals and how it WOULD come out eventually, probably this very year and such...
like wtf is this?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 13, 2017 05:49

It's a bit too vague to be taken serious at this point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:01

pretty thin gruel

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 13, 2017 08:09

There's not a new Jagger release, that site list every silly rumour around with no confirmation, they even list albums with release date on February which were not released at all.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 13, 2017 12:01

Hairball
I predicted this!

eye rolling smiley

Me too! Too many demos, too many 'I'm working on new songs'...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 13, 2017 12:25

Doubt there will be a Jagger solo release, he has had writers block for over a decade give or take a couple of tracks. It will take all he has to finish the Stones album with Keith. Dont believe the bullshit, Mick might have wrote 40 to a 100 songs but if they are shit as I suspect they are, we won't hear them on a solo record, and it's my guess they will be shit. Creatively Mick has been a spent forse for a long time now.

Date: March 13, 2017 12:54

Don't forget this collaboration with Mr. One Direction:
[www.instagram.com]
"New ideas in the making.."

Date: March 13, 2017 12:59

stone4ever
Doubt there will be a Jagger solo release, he has had writers block for over a decade give or take a couple of tracks. It will take all he has to finish the Stones album with Keith. Dont believe the bullshit, Mick might have wrote 40 to a 100 songs but if they are shit as I suspect they are, we won't hear them on a solo record, and it's my guess they will be shit. Creatively Mick has been a spent forse for a long time now.

If he hadn't he probably would have written 80, instead of 40 songs, right? winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 13, 2017 12:59

stone4ever

I doubt it, whether we know this for certain.

Date: March 13, 2017 13:30

Witness
stone4ever

Evidence suggests it. NO Stones album for 11 years, no solo album unless you include the Dave Stewart effort. Don Was said Mick hit a wall in the studio and Blue And Lonesome was the result. I hope I'm wrong about Mick but if he wants to Make a Solo Album he is taking his time.

Date: March 13, 2017 13:35

stone4ever
Witness
stone4ever

Evidence suggests it. NO Stones album for 11 years, no solo album unless you include the Dave Stewart effort. Don Was said Mick hit a wall in the studio and Blue And Lonesome was the result. I hope I'm wrong about Mick but if he wants to Make a Solo Album he is taking his time.

I don't think Don said that Mick hit the wall, rather that Mick AND Keith hit the wall. He could be implying that they didn't agree on the direction, as hinted by Keith as well in that interview (Paraphrasing: «I have three tracks, and they're all killer - don't know if I'll go through Mick's 40 songs»).

Date: March 13, 2017 13:47

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Witness
stone4ever

I don't think Don said that Mick hit the wall, rather that Mick AND Keith hit the wall. He could be implying that they didn't agree on the direction, as hinted by Keith as well in that interview (Paraphrasing: «I have three tracks, and they're all killer - don't know if I'll go through Mick's 40 songs»).

I see what you are saying but Keith clearly doesn't have writers block (Crosseyed Heart kind of proves it) so who is hitting a wall here. My guess is Mick.

Date: March 13, 2017 13:52

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Witness
stone4ever

I see what you are saying but Keith clearly doesn't have writers block (Crosseyed Heart kind of proves it) so who is hitting a wall here. My guess is Mick.

We just don't know. Some of Keith's CH-songs date back to 2002 and 2003.

Their main problem could be that they don't bother spending a lot of time (together) making a great album.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 13, 2017 13:56

Maybe last year's remasters of Jagger's solo output are finally released on CD...

Date: March 13, 2017 13:56

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Witness
stone4ever

Their main problem could be that they don't bother spending a lot of time (together) making a great album.

Totally agree, they need to work through the songs together, not Mick show up in the studio with his own songs almost finished

Date: March 13, 2017 13:59

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
Witness
stone4ever

Totally agree, they need to work through the songs together, not Mick show up in the studio with his own songs almost finished

thumbs up
That's the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 13:59 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 13, 2017 15:07

KRiffhard
stone4ever

not Mick show up in the studio with his own songs almost finished

thumbs up
That's the problem.

If his songs would sound like the songs from Wandering Spirit or like Shoot Off Your Mouth or No Peace For The Wicked there wouldn´t be any problem at all. It doesn´t really matter who actually writes a Stones-song as long as it´s a good song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 15:11 by HMS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 13, 2017 15:21

No Stones vault releases/reissues listed either, unlike some others (Fleetwood Mac, for one).

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:07

Maybe this is the reason a Summer tour is delayed?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:21

KRiffhard
Hairball
I predicted this!

eye rolling smiley

Me too! Too many demos, too many 'I'm working on new songs'...

Yes, and sadly we might be right.
This entire thread deserves a giant thumbs down! thumbs down
Hope we are eventually proven wrong!

winking smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:35

A new Jagger-album would sell 75,000 copies.
A new Stones-album would sell 3 million copies.
So a new solo-album is not going to happen, imo.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:43

Maybe Mick's problem is that he doesn't have a good collaborator.
He used to come up with songs with Mick Taylor and Charlie helping, or with Billy Preston, and probably even Bill (Fingerprint File and Miss You). Of course none of them got credits.
And Mick can't come to the Stones with a song he worked out with someone else (credited) because Keith won't have it.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:46

georgelicks
There's not a new Jagger release, that site list every silly rumour around with no confirmation, they even list albums with release date on February which were not released at all.

That.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 13, 2017 18:26

bye bye johnny
georgelicks

That.

Mick Jagger: "I'm working on some new songs".
Internet: "New Jagger album!".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 13, 2017 18:45

That's a total BS list.

Van Halen? Rage Against the Machine? Tony Iommi and Tony Martin??

Could be compilation albums...I guarantee you some of these are bogus.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 13, 2017 18:59

wonderboy
Maybe Mick's problem is that he doesn't have a good collaborator.
He used to come up with songs with Mick Taylor and Charlie helping, or with Billy Preston, and probably even Bill (Fingerprint File and Miss You). Of course none of them got credits.
And Mick can't come to the Stones with a song he worked out with someone else (credited) because Keith won't have it.

Well, what about ONE MORE SHOT.
The ASCAP Title Search lists as Writers:
MICHAEL JAGGER
STEPHEN K JORDAN
KEITH RICHARDS

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home