Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: A world without "Miss You"
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:41

A world without "Miss You"? Not a good world. Like it or not, the mixture of disco and blues that is "Miss You" is pure genius.

It was this song that saved their career at a time when it was common sense that they were done.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 8, 2017 22:58

retired_dog
A world without "Miss You"? Not a good world. Like it or not, the mixture of disco and blues that is "Miss You" is pure genius.

It was this song that saved their career at a time when it was common sense that they were done.

thumbs up

.......... LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES !!!

They gave me back the knowledge there was/is joy in life with this song in 1978 when ......

Thanks!!!

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 9, 2017 16:39

retired_dog

This is what I was trying to say.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2017 16:48

TheflyingDutchman
vertigojoe
For me this track is all about the genius of Bill. If you follow the bass line all the way through it's unbelievable. This explains why they've been pap since he left.

I remember that we liked this song mainly because of Bill's bass lines when it was released. It really was a Bill song, disco and funky bass lines were hot at the time.

yes, Bill gets MVP on this one.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 9, 2017 16:55

"Miss You" is a song I rarely play at home, if at all. Yet, it inspired the Stones to write further disco inspired songs over the years, of which I like e.g. "Keys To Your Love" pretty much. That alone makes a world that includes the song worthwhile.
"Suck on the Jugular" and "Sex Drive" not so much, though. ;-)

Date: March 9, 2017 16:58

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:24

billwebster
"Miss You" is a song I rarely play at home, if at all. Yet, it inspired the Stones to write further disco inspired songs over the years, of which I like e.g. "Keys To Your Love" pretty much. That alone makes a world that includes the song worthwhile.

I think Keys To Your Love has much to do with Beast Of Burden but absolutely nothing with Miss You or disco sounds.

Date: March 9, 2017 18:05

Monsoon Ragoon
billwebster

I think Keys To Your Love has much to do with Beast Of Burden but absolutely nothing with Miss You or disco sounds.

True. It's soul, not disco.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 9, 2017 18:17

Is a good world...thinking on stage these days...

I´ve had enough...twelwe minutes of boredom...

We could have Mother´s little helper, Parachute woman and Star star instead...

Peace!

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:40

One of the most overrated Stones songs in my opinion along with Emotional Rescue and Far Away Eyes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 19:41 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: March 9, 2017 21:35

"Miss You" has Billy Preston's fingerprints all over it. According to Wikipedia, "It was written by Mick Jagger jamming with keyboardist Billy Preston during rehearsals for the March 1977 El Mocambo club gigs.." In other words, Preston probably deserves a writing credit. It certainly sounds like a Billy Preston composition.

This song is also the beginning of the end of Preston's meaningful collaborations with the Stones. I think Keith was alarmed that the band was starting to sound Preston-like and he stopped inviting Preston to the studio.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2017 05:55

There wouldn't be that cool vodka commercial (or whatever that was) of the 1972 STP listening to Miss You on the plane...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 10, 2017 13:19

One of their best songs. I see it as the follow up to Brown Sugar.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 10, 2017 13:39

It's a great tune ... although I hardly listen to it

Date: March 11, 2017 01:15

I'd much rather prefer it if they go back to the hard-rocking 1978 version WITHOUT the bubbly pianos.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 11, 2017 15:34

Pietro
"Miss You" has Billy Preston's fingerprints all over it. According to Wikipedia, "It was written by Mick Jagger jamming with keyboardist Billy Preston during rehearsals for the March 1977 El Mocambo club gigs.." In other words, Preston probably deserves a writing credit. It certainly sounds like a Billy Preston composition.

This song is also the beginning of the end of Preston's meaningful collaborations with the Stones. I think Keith was alarmed that the band was starting to sound Preston-like and he stopped inviting Preston to the studio.

that just turned into fake news.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 12, 2017 01:29

When would I take a piss?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home