Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Next "From the vaults" issue?
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 2, 2017 22:30

oldschool
I would take any of the shows mentioned by other posters but a 1969 MSG deluxe box set of all three audio shows and a compilation of a complete show from the 30+ hours of archived Maysles Brothers video known to exist would be sweet.
Yeahhh!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 2, 2017 23:50

they should learn form Bob Dylan and release some stuff that's not already in general circulation!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2017 23:58

slewan
they should learn form Bob Dylan and release some stuff that's not already in general circulation!

you mean, like a new album of new material?! that would be incredible! although it's been awhile since Zimmy's had an album of "NEW" material, no?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 3, 2017 00:14

S.T.P
oldschool
I would take any of the shows mentioned by other posters but a 1969 MSG deluxe box set of all three audio shows and a compilation of a complete show from the 30+ hours of archived Maysles Brothers video known to exist would be sweet.
Yeahhh!

I agree this would be great. I wonder if the Maysles Brothers archived footage
is mostly behind the scenes stuff instead of Live? Also a live 73 video would
fit nicely in the collection.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 3, 2017 01:23

Nothing Post-Wyman except No Security. I wish someone could ask Bill, "Well what DOES exist in video, prior to 1991?" I'm surprised they've never released a GREATEST HITS DVD/Blu Ray with all their promo films, done like their recent Greatest Hits packages with videos from ABKCO and the ones they own. The Beatles did a good job with their video hits package a couple years back.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 3, 2017 01:45

Rewind?!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 3, 2017 07:21

slewan

I didn't know that the content of Totally Stripped, Some Girls Live in Texas or Leeds 1982 were widely available before their official release...

I must agree you are right about the other relaseases, but there really is a quality improvement

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 3, 2017 16:31

dcba
mailexile67
A 72 American show should be very appreciate!

Videojames hinted at a potential Philie'72 release right here at IORR.

And we might get a Paris'76 dvd. Coupled with a CD of the Mocambo shows that would quite something!

Didn't VideoJames mention something about having a pro-shot of the '72 Boston show that no one had ever seen before?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 3, 2017 17:44

CousinC
Rewind?!

Yes please but how about Rewind with extras: everything with Norman Gunstons interview with the band minus Mick in the sofa.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 3, 2017 18:22

floodonthepage
waterrats
I long for a nice remastered video of Atlantic City - what a gig it was!

Yes yes yes! I know many have mentioned the clearance issues with this one (due to the guests) but this show seems like a no brainer.
Widely circulated in pristine video/audio

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 3, 2017 18:38

looking forward to the lost missing video from the first serie 1,

and the next bunch ....

I love From the vault idea

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 3, 2017 18:38

Come on release the entire 69 show in video, vinyl, CD, and HD download. Make a great box set somewhat like the Get Yer Ya Ya's deluxe set. It would be epic.

Release Mocambo! Who cares about the warts!

Why not release Leed Lungs on vinyl and CD separate from the Sticky Fingers deluxe?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2017 23:08

Father Ted

Didn't VideoJames mention something about having a pro-shot of the '72 Boston show that no one had ever seen before?

I don't remember it but I want to believe he did! grinning smiley
Or was it Akron that was rumoured to be "filmed" since the Stones had a video screen next to the stage for that show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-03 23:09 by dcba.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 3, 2017 23:25

TheGreek
floodonthepage
waterrats

Yes yes yes! I know many have mentioned the clearance issues with this one (due to the guests) but this show seems like a no brainer.

Pristine? You mean widely circulated as blurry and dark vhs-rip with muddy audio overpowered by audience noise.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 4, 2017 00:20

TheBlockbuster
TheGreek
floodonthepage
waterrats

Pristine? You mean widely circulated as blurry and dark vhs-rip with muddy audio overpowered by audience noise.

Exactly, nothing "pristine" about it. Swinging Pig boot is decent audio but the VHS could definitely be improved upon.

Date: March 4, 2017 07:19

Its been said that they been recording shows since 70's. I wish they'd really floor us; a Europe 1970 show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2017 15:20

Full live album release of 1989 Atlantic City would be great.

They should reissue the album REWIND (US/UK tracks on one album). Why not? They've only released 8000 other greatest hits compilations in the last 10 years.

They don't even need to bother expanding it past 1983 since nothing stuck. The only hits comps one needs is BIG HITS 1 and 2 and REWIND.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 4, 2017 17:24

GasLightStreet
Full live album release of 1989 Atlantic City would be great.

They should reissue the album REWIND (US/UK tracks on one album). Why not? They've only released 8000 other greatest hits compilations in the last 10 years.

They don't even need to bother expanding it past 1983 since nothing stuck. The only hits comps one needs is BIG HITS 1 and 2 and REWIND.

Rewind missed too many great songs. What they really need is a 2 cd compilation of the best material from Sticky Fingers through Tattoo You. Perhaps combine the track listings from Made In The Shade, Time Waits For No One: The Anthology, Sucking In The Seventies and Rewind. Even doing that misses some classics like Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Dead Flowers for example.

If you don't have More Hot Rocks then you miss some rarities. You miss some more rarities if you don't have Sucking In The Seventies.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-04 17:30 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 4, 2017 17:38

Well, if they next time want to release a Best off album, they could release an extended 3 disc version of rewind 2cd's plus a dvd of the rewind video with Bill and Mick. That would be great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-05 00:30 by GJV.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2017 00:03

whitem8
Come on release the entire 69 show in video, vinyl, CD, and HD download. Make a great box set somewhat like the Get Yer Ya Ya's deluxe set. It would be epic.

Why not release Leed Lungs on vinyl and CD separate from the Sticky Fingers deluxe?

I think El Mocambo's lack of release, to this point is glaring.

I wonder what the hold up could be?

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 5, 2017 04:03

treaclefingers
whitem8

No video? Currently, they are only releasing shows that have accompanying video unless they are part of a Deluxe Edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-05 04:05 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 5, 2017 12:05

I would love Paris 76 to be officially released, preferably the June 6th show as I was there. Like most of you, I'm sure, I have the bootleg video of this show and it leaves a lot to be desired which is to be expected, so to see it in improved sound and vision would be amazing. I wasn't near the front so doubt I'll spot a 16 year old Crumbling Mice, but nevertheless...bring it on!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 5, 2017 14:02

dcba
Father Ted

I don't remember it but I want to believe he did! grinning smiley
Or was it Akron that was rumoured to be "filmed" since the Stones had a video screen next to the stage for that show?

So there could be more '72 stuff in the vault. Fingers crossed!

I just read that Don't Lie to Me and Sweet Black Angel (in addition to Rocks Off that we know about already) were also filmed for Ladies 'n Gentlemen. So what happened to the film of those songs? Those three songs would make a great bonus DVD if they ever released the '72 live album.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: March 5, 2017 14:20

Dream list:
71 Newcastle (CYHMK & Wild Horses)
72 Vancouver (debut of Exile tracks)
73 Nicaraguan benefit concert (diverse track list and sublime No Expectations)
69 Altamont (for historical sake plus debut of Brown Sugar and excellent Under My Thumb)

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: March 5, 2017 19:59

My vote is for a show from the No Security tour. They were some of the best Stones shows I went to.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 5, 2017 20:12

boogaloojef
treaclefingers
whitem8

No video? Currently, they are only releasing shows that have accompanying video unless they are part of a Deluxe Edition.
Well we have Brussels without video... they can do it. Release it in a box with Paris 76 video. Would be awesome!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 5, 2017 20:59

whitem8,
I think Brussels 1973 isn't on video.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 5, 2017 21:27

Philadelphia 1972
New York 1972
Unknown show 1972

Rotterdam 1973
Brussels 1973 {USA/EU release)

1970 Show

1971 Show

El Mocambo

South American show from 1995

Basically anything would be great :-)

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 5, 2017 21:39

I want every show 2012-2016 officially released on DVD/CD.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 5, 2017 21:44

HMS
I want every show 2012-2016 officially released on DVD/CD.

There is better items, complete solo gigs by Jagger.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home