Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Joey Kramer Disses Charlie and The Stones
Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 1, 2017 14:32

The Stones' version of Walking The Dog is a 100 times better smoking smiley

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 1, 2017 14:35

Palace Revolution 2000
To this day I believe that the worst thng that has happened to the Stones, all 5 of them, has been stadium rock. They see themselves as pioneers in this field, but actually I think they are the weakest working major act in this dept.

Great point. Even the 'World's greatest rock and roll band' moniker has put them in a strait jacket -- they are stuck trying to live up to that. They have to keep doing the same thing over and over again. Their new album is their first surprise in decades.
Visually I think they lose their power on big stages, with people wandering down catwalks and such. They were better when Jagger was stuck on that tiny stage in front of the guitarists.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2017 14:40

YEAH !!! .... Them stages are just tooooo big ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 1, 2017 15:55

DandelionPowderman
«Kramer attended Berklee in 1970, and, like many students in those days, left before finishing his degree in order to go on tour»..

[www.berklee.edu]

he still was accept based on his skill

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 1, 2017 16:22

Top 10 North American Rock Bands

The Band
Grateful Dead
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Beach Boys
Ramones
The Blasters
Los Lobos
X
The Byrds

Next 5

The Mothers Of Invention
Allman Brothers Band
Uncle Tupelo
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Whiskeytown

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-01 16:27 by Javadave.

Date: March 1, 2017 16:48

Rock bands (I don't count solo artists with backing groups as bands)

The J. Geils Band
The Byrds
The Jayhawks
Aerosmith
Kiss
Grand Funk Railroad
Little Feat
The Black Crowes
Allman Brothers Band

Date: March 1, 2017 17:17

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
«Kramer attended Berklee in 1970, and, like many students in those days, left before finishing his degree in order to go on tour»..

[www.berklee.edu]

True of course but he's not in the league of Berklee top signature drummers like Vinnie Colaiuta.:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 1, 2017 17:49

TheflyingDutchman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

[www.berklee.edu]

True of course but he's not in the league of Berklee top signature drummers like Vinnie Colaiuta.:

[www.youtube.com]
I wouldn't bother getting sucked into an argument with keefriffhard4life, unless you want this thread to continue for months. He will endlessly argue about the color of the sky.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 1, 2017 18:40

What concerns the asserted continuity of the band line up, look at the German version of the Wiki record. There is a schedule that shows that only three members are in the band from the beginning. That reminds me of another band ...

Date: March 2, 2017 00:17

TheflyingDutchman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

[www.berklee.edu]

[www.youtube.com]

or mike portnoy but that wasn't the point

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:21

I saw Aerosmith three times in concert. Not half as good as the Stones. Trust me on this!

Date: March 2, 2017 00:24

.... believe me we trust you

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:25

Whats to argue? Charlie Watts has more instinctive jazzy swing in his little finger than Joey Kramer has in his entire body. I'm amazed to see any one minimize Charlie Watts ability or musicianship- as far as the Stones go, he IS the musician of the bunch and universally respected for chops that go way beyond rock music- particularly of the Aerosmith variety.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:29

IrisC
I saw Aerosmith three times in concert. Not half as good as the Stones. Trust me on this!

It took you three times to figure that out!
winking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:31

Different bands, different drummers, different sounds.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:47

keefriff99
Screw Joey and screw Aerosmith...bunch of right-wing Ted Nugent-wannabe tools.

Brad and Tom are the only decent human beings in that band.

Always gotta add the politics eh? Psst, we won! Hee hee

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:50

Rockman
.... believe me we trust you

smiling smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:51

IrisC

I have seen them over a Dozen times, including back in the mid 70's before the drugs caught up with them, and would respectfully disagree with you as they put on fantastic shows and Steven Tyler can hold his own with any front man in rock then and now IMHO.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:52

Javadave
Top 10 North American Rock Bands

The Band
Grateful Dead
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Beach Boys
Ramones
The Blasters
Los Lobos
X
The Byrds

Next 5

The Mothers Of Invention
Allman Brothers Band
Uncle Tupelo
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Whiskeytown

What no love for ZZ Top? and I think you are selling the Allman Brothers short

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 2, 2017 00:53

What the Monkees are to the Beatles, Aerosmith is to the Rolling Stones.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Aerosmith, but they aren’t in the same league as the Stones...They belong on the B list with the likes Van Halen and Bon Jovi.

Date: March 2, 2017 03:38

wonderboy
Palace Revolution 2000
To this day I believe that the worst thng that has happened to the Stones, all 5 of them, has been stadium rock. They see themselves as pioneers in this field, but actually I think they are the weakest working major act in this dept.

Great point. Even the 'World's greatest rock and roll band' moniker has put them in a strait jacket -- they are stuck trying to live up to that. They have to keep doing the same thing over and over again. Their new album is their first surprise in decades.
Visually I think they lose their power on big stages, with people wandering down catwalks and such. They were better when Jagger was stuck on that tiny stage in front of the guitarists.
A few days ago I was watching several older acts on Glastonbury stage; last few years. I saw how Springsteen, Neil Young, McCartney, hell, even Tom Jones, were working the stage and the crowd. And I thought of the Stones who have a very hard time living in the moment, and becoming part of a transcendent happening.
Even with the greatest crowds on the planet, the Argentinians, they look ill at ease.
It's like you say wonderboy: it's easier working for something, rather than being it.

I find this offshoot discussion about Berklee odd, because studying at Berklee has zero to do with playing rock'n roll. Not that Berklee doesn't have it's importance and value, it just is a different topic all together. It's like saying "yes, but he studied political science at Yale".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2017 03:49

James Kirk
What the Monkees are to the Beatles, Aerosmith is to the Rolling Stones.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Aerosmith, but they aren’t in the same league as the Stones...They belong on the B list with the likes Van Halen and Bon Jovi.

Nicely stated James Kirk!

No denying they had some good tunes in the '70's, but since then...meh...thumbs down

Aerosmith = Monkees. smiling smiley

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: March 2, 2017 04:23

It depends on whom you are a main fan of. I've heard people say and though, I don't think it's exactly true, post-'75; Yeah, this is what the Stones should have sounded like on albums like Draw the line. Say those who say that are full of it, but I've heard it. In ways, I guess, one can make the case that Aerosmith stuck to a groove and raunch, often too much raunch but they weren't toying around with disco. And I don't hate disco either. Giving all their due.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 2, 2017 04:36

Date: March 2, 2017 05:19

I think there was a thread here, 3 or 4 years ago, where forum members voted on what they thought were the 5 or 10 best American bands, 5 wasn't enough, 10 wasn't either for a lot of folks.

Date: March 2, 2017 05:32

Many scarves don't maketh a Stone .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 2, 2017 05:46

DandelionPowderman
Gosh, it's hard to be #2! grinning smiley

And by #2, you don't mean "second," do you? grinning smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 2, 2017 08:06

HMS
wonderboy
keefriff99
HMS
I´ve never ever heard an Aerosmith-song in my life,

That's impossible to believe.

Yeah, that's just bullshit. Why would he say something like that?

It´s true. I don´t even know their singer´s voice. I do not know one single Aerosmith-song, should I have ever heard one of their songs on the radio, in a pub or some other place I didn´t know it was Aerosmith. Of course I know they are around for a long time, i´ve seen pictures of that Jagger-look-alike, but never cared for them. None of the people I know (or knew) owns an Aerosmith-record. Never met a person who listens to Aerosmith.

Well wait a sec... I'm not a very big Aerosmith fan <at all> now-a-dayz .. but come on now I just can't get this? You are a music fan .. Everybody's heard at least a few Aerosmith songs .. music fans and casual fans??

Walk this Way .. Dream On ... Sweet Emotion .. Dude Looks Like a Lady ..those type of songs.. You HAD to friggin hear them .. or at least some of them??

I don't get this....?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-02 08:08 by IanBillen.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 2, 2017 08:15

Joe Perry '78 Texas Jam on Draw The Line is all over that Dan Armstrong clear-through Plexiglass guitar just like somebody else we know...totally on his own by accident just a coincidence I am sure...

Date: March 2, 2017 08:21

He's just the drummer in a rock and roll band, who really cares?

Watts' drumming for whatever style it is makes a lot of Rolling Stones songs, listening to Clone Stones types bands like the Chesterfield Kings, they clearly try to imitate that beat along with their guitars and bass. The Groovies probably do that some. FGs are better than Aerosmith for my tastes and the Flamin' Groovies are very underrated, I don't expect to see them on lists of the most popular bands.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home