Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Joey Kramer Disses Charlie and The Stones
Date: February 28, 2017 23:39

Charlie Watts knows his place in the drummer's hierarchy. That's one of the things I like about him.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 28, 2017 23:42

Rocky Dijon
It's all silliness. Joey Kramer doesn't need to be a Stones fan any more than Steve Jordan needs to kiss Bill Wyman's feet. Aerosmith have some very good songs and very good albums. Artists are competitive and that's all that's happening here. For Clapton's Jimi's sake, look at the remarks Keith makes about other musicians or even his own bandmate. Joey Kramer's remark should be a non-issue except for Aerosmith fans excited to hear him say their favorite band is the best.

thumbs up

Besides, maybe they are a better live band today.

Date: February 28, 2017 23:43

I thinks this is just the drummers opinion because I know I have read before that Steven Tyler and Joe Perry never miss a Stones tour and always did several shows

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 1, 2017 00:02

Aerosmith are a lot louder than the Stones. I'm not even sure how well they play because their sound system is turned to 12. Better? No.

Date: March 1, 2017 00:48

RipThisBone
Look and learn J. Kramer......You are just a fool and a shite drummer too.

video: [youtu.be]

well he teaches at and attended berklee college of music so your statement is completely false

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: March 1, 2017 01:08

Well, if we are talking as a LIVE band, now it's probably true anyway, but there's a lot of factors that Kramer ignores:

1. The Rolling Stones are very old men by now and because of their age, they can only cut it and deliver in moments of brilliance. Aerosmith are younger, so of course there is a different level of energy.

2. Despite the fact that Joey Kramer is undoubtly technically better than Charlie Watts, what Charlie has that Kramer lacks, is PERSONALITY in his playing. The same can be said of all other Aerosmith members, with the exception of Steven Tyler: All are without a doubt MILLIONS OF TIMES technically better than any of the Stones members (Mick Taylor excepted), but NONE of Aerosmith's members has the personality or not least the ORIGINALITY of Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Ron Wood and even Bill Wyman. What the Stones did that was so damn brilliant, was to take their limited abilities and create original art with personality ingredients. Besides Steven Tyler's undoubted original vocal delivery, all Aerosmith members sounds like slick session musicians compared to the Stones, and that's not very good if you are trying to create art that is about to last forever.

3. No matter what Kramer thinks, he is entitled to his opinion of course, The Rolling Stones were game-changers and created a certain style and way of playing rock music. Millions of bands stands on the shoulders of the Stones' cultural impact, even if they are not aware of it. Including Aerosmith.

4. It is never a good sign if a member of a band or an artist goes out and slack other artists in public. And Keith Richards is no saint here. There lies an unwritten rule in showbusiness which can be bought way back to when Elvis Presley met Richard Nixon: "Well Mr. President, you've got your job and I've got mine".

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 1, 2017 01:42

dude looks like a carny

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: March 1, 2017 01:54

@#$%& him

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 1, 2017 01:55

blueranger, good points, but the age difference is not that big, about 5 or 7 years.
I looked it up, thought it was more. You think of Aerosmith as a second generation band, but Tyler was born in '48 and Perry in '50. After the 60s very few bands made it as young men the way the British Invasion bands did.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 1, 2017 02:05

His name never ever comes up as a fine drummer. Now I know why

Date: March 1, 2017 02:11

keefriffhard4life
RipThisBone

well he teaches at and attended berklee college of music so your statement is completely false

Not because of his skills. Joey himself knows he's not a great drummer. But he fits nicely in Aerosmith.

Date: March 1, 2017 02:15

wonderboy
blueranger, good points, but the age difference is not that big, about 5 or 7 years.
I looked it up, thought it was more. You think of Aerosmith as a second generation band, but Tyler was born in '48 and Perry in '50. After the 60s very few bands made it as young men the way the British Invasion bands did.

But when you're 70, stuff happens very quickly with your health. You can't compare like that. The Stones are ancient. Aerosmith are getting there. Joe Perry walks with a cane.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 1, 2017 02:27

Joey used to cry in his milk because Steven was a better drummer and never let him forget it. I love the band though, seen them many times, including the "unplugged" Beacon show (3rd row).

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 1, 2017 02:31

Aerosmith was alright, but I draw a line after Draw The Line.

Why would Steve Jordan have to kiss Bill Wyman's shoes? Seems like that should be Daryl Jones' business.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 1, 2017 02:33

DandelionPowderman
wonderboy

But when you're 70, stuff happens very quickly with your health. You can't compare like that. The Stones are ancient. Aerosmith are getting there. Joe Perry walks with a cane.

Got it. Agree with that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 1, 2017 02:43

They were OK up until Draw the Line (and maybe a couple tunes from Night in the Ruts), and the only reason I know this is because a friend of mine in High school ('79-'81) was an Aerosmith lunatic/fanatic and would play all that crap endlessly. There's a few tunes from their earlier albums I'll listen to on youtube for nostalgic reasons, but beyond that can't waste my precious time. I saw them live once in '87 or '88 (G'N'R opening), and it was a dismal affair.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 1, 2017 04:13

Good lord, what a joke. Years from now, Aerosmith will be a blip on the rock history radar. Pretty generic rock band. They play all the right chords and entertain people, yet make no real mark.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 1, 2017 04:15

The bleach to Kramer's hair must be getting to his brains

Date: March 1, 2017 04:16

floodonthepage
Good lord, what a joke. Years from now, Aerosmith will be a blip on the rock history radar. Pretty generic rock band. They play all the right chords and entertain people, yet make no real mark.

most consider them the greatest american rock band so i doubt that

Date: March 1, 2017 04:20

keefriffhard4life
floodonthepage

Really?

In a recent thread that had lists of American bands/artists that were great and made an impact, I don't remember seeing Aerosmith being mentioned once.
Are we talking about the same America?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-01 04:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 1, 2017 04:23

Hairball

Really?

In a recent thread that had lists of American bands/artists that were great and made an impact, I don't remember seeing Aerosmith being mentioned once.

AMENthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-01 04:24 by floodonthepage.

Date: March 1, 2017 04:52

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
floodonthepage

Really?

i don't consider the beach boys rock music. other than that who would you name? van halen? the doors? alice cooper? grateful dead? what were the names on the list? hendrix experience and CSNY btw are not american rock bands

Date: March 1, 2017 06:12

keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life
floodonthepage

Really?

i don't consider the beach boys rock music. other than that who would you name? van halen? the doors? alice cooper? grateful dead? what were the names on the list? hendrix experience and CSNY btw are not american rock bands

Whether you consider it or not, the Beach Boys are indeed a Rock band. Anyhow, was just curious as to what you base your claim on that "most consider them (Aerosmith) the greatest american rock band".
Was there a survey somewhere in a classic rock magazine or something that ranks American bands? Maybe most people in their home base of Boston think they're the greatest, but even that's doubtful.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 1, 2017 06:34

DandelionPowderman
Ha ha, funny. Is that the same Joey Kramer that SINGER Steven Tyler had to help learning how to play a straight rhythm many years into his career?

Gosh, it's hard to be #2! grinning smiley

#2 ??? Aerosmith are NO-WHERE near #2

Rod

Date: March 1, 2017 06:53

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life
floodonthepage

Really?

Whether you consider it or not, the Beach Boys are indeed a Rock band. Anyhow, was just curious as to what you base your claim on that "most consider them (Aerosmith) the greatest american rock band".
Was there a survey somewhere in a classic rock magazine or something that ranks American bands? Maybe most people in their home base of Boston think they're the greatest, but even that's doubtful.

the beach boys are surf music. if you asked 100 random to people to list the 5 greatest American rock bands most people would have aerosmith in that list of 5 bands. not sure why you are trying to say that's wrong. even if we counted the beach boys an average rock music fan listing strictly bands would name
beach boys
the doors
allman brothers
lynyrd skynyrd
aerosmith
van halen
grateful dead
guns n roses

those 8 bands would get the majority of the mentions on a top 5 list. other bands that might get named
Jefferson airplane
velvet underground
the stooges
metallica
megadeth
pearl jam
nirvana
buffalo springfield
grand funk railroad
alice cooper (if people recall they were actually a band once)
sly and the family stone (unless people think they aren't rock or weren't a true band)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2017 06:56

There's The Rolling stones and then there are other bands ...........

ROCKMAN

Date: March 1, 2017 07:05

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
RipThisBone

Not because of his skills. Joey himself knows he's not a great drummer. But he fits nicely in Aerosmith.

so berklee has people teaching that are not very good players? makes no sense when you look up some of the drummers who attended the school like mike portnoy

Date: March 1, 2017 07:07

Rollin92
Joey Kramer can barely do four to the floor...

Kramer came from a Motown background. when he started with aerosmith you are correct he was not very familiar with a standard rock beat. that however hasn't been true in the last 40+ years

Date: March 1, 2017 07:11

keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Hairball
keefriffhard4life
floodonthepage

Really?

the beach boys are surf music. if you asked 100 random to people to list the 5 greatest American rock bands most people would have aerosmith in that list of 5 bands. not sure why you are trying to say that's wrong. even if we counted the beach boys an average rock music fan listing strictly bands would name
beach boys
the doors
allman brothers
lynyrd skynyrd
aerosmith
van halen
grateful dead
guns n roses

those 8 bands would get the majority of the mentions on a top 5 list. other bands that might get named
Jefferson airplane
velvet underground
the stooges
metallica
megadeth
pearl jam
nirvana
buffalo springfield
grand funk railroad
alice cooper (if people recall they were actually a band once)
sly and the family stone (unless people think they aren't rock or weren't a true band)

First you said 'most consider them the greatest American Band' which is questionable imo, and now you're saying 'most people would have aerosmith in that list of 5' which sounds more reasonable I suppose - depending on who you ask. If you asked me, they'd be nowhere near my top 10 American bands.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 1, 2017 07:22

Bah, the whole beef sounds like it should be in Teen Beat magazine but it is 50 years too late.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home