Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New Year's Eve show in St Bart's?
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 31, 2016 13:52

Keith should do Blues In The Morning - "I don't care, cos I'm a billionaire".

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: December 31, 2016 15:59

dcba
Honestly at their age they've earnt the right to do whatever they wanna do. A luxurious gig in paradisal setting? Why Not? It sure beats playing Boston in October! Brrr...

Private shows are a trend among billionaires and the Stones play accordingly. Period.

Les travs du bois de Boulogne se prostituent pour gagner leur vie mais là, c'est une histoire d'élite, on n'en font pas partie, il n'y a pas de fans pour leurs concerts mais des clients. Il y a des belles histoires mais ici ça part en sucette. Tiens, sucettes, retour au bois de Boubou on dirait!
Je m'étais dit, arrête de faire la gueule, va les voir en 2017, cela sera sûrement la dernière fois, mais cette histoire est vrai, ils pourront toujours se l'arrondir et j'économiserais quelques deniers!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 31, 2016 16:04

Report on Heat Street says Guns 'n' Roses are playing.

[heatst.com]

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: December 31, 2016 16:17

This is about as likely to happen as me becoming Prime Minister by midnight. It's off tour folks. Some guy has just got Jagger confused with the Rolling Stones. I have no doubt a bunch of big wigs including Sir Mick will be hanging around and probably even get up for a few numbers, maybe more but there ain't no Rolling Stones gig without the machine rolling into town, PERIOD.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 31, 2016 16:30

mattleeuk
This is about as likely to happen as me becoming Prime Minister by midnight. It's off tour folks. Some guy has just got Jagger confused with the Rolling Stones. I have no doubt a bunch of big wigs including Sir Mick will be hanging around and probably even get up for a few numbers, maybe more but there ain't no Rolling Stones gig without the machine rolling into town, PERIOD.

Thank you Matt. Happy New Year :-)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2016 16:35

mattleeuk

Still pulling for St Bart's hospital! winking smiley

Happy New Yeat Matt!!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: December 31, 2016 17:05

mattleeuk

This!

Date: December 31, 2016 18:04

mattleeuk

P.S. (after my 'thank you Matt)
What could be likely w/ a world traveler such as yourself,
if you find yourself on deck and Jagger
gets up to do 'Little Red Corvette'
for the love of all things holy,
get me a clip.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 31, 2016 18:13

Matty, thanks so much for zeroing in on the real scoop.

Well, true, 35love, I wouldn't mind seeing Mick onstage in the tropics either.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 31, 2016 21:46

The Telegraph reports the Stones and Guns 'n' Roses.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 31, 2016 21:49

Please let this not be true. I'm generally disappointed with this whole thing of the mega rich being able to order a Stones gig for their personal pleasure. It's a vile side of the music business and one I didn't think Keith would ever agree to.

They don't need the money from these shows and I'd be far more impressed if they did free gigs in a few small venues for ...you know, the people who put them where they are. They don't have much credibility left but the little they have they need to grip with a firm hand.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: December 31, 2016 22:14

It's already successful no matter what happens...

Prime PR for The Rolling Stones! Even if none of them show, they're makin' headlines off this.

Maybe more of these mega-rich now realize they can try and book The Stones and others for small, private gigs... You can bet your ass that if I had the means, I'd try! The opportunity for these classic bands and their wealthiest fans to put shows like this together will not last indefinitely, and I say go for it!

I love bein' amazed by The Stones all these years!

Date: January 1, 2017 01:13

No way, I can't believe it,
the RS need to take a NYE's gig
w/ Guns and Roses?
No no no.
I realize the world is on tilt, but...
Now Mick solo w/ tribute to Prince
'I Want To Be Your Lover'
Yes.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 1, 2017 01:22

crumbling_mice
Please let this not be true. I'm generally disappointed with this whole thing of the mega rich being able to order a Stones gig for their personal pleasure. It's a vile side of the music business and one I didn't think Keith would ever agree to.

They don't need the money from these shows and I'd be far more impressed if they did free gigs in a few small venues for ...you know, the people who put them where they are. They don't have much credibility left but the little they have they need to grip with a firm hand.

This.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2017 01:38

Not going to happen, but if it were, I would welcome and applaud it. The time for outrage over the band "selling out" was 1981..

Any time The Rolling Stones want to take a stage and play publicly or privately, it's a good thing. Period.

Date: January 1, 2017 02:27

Yes, yes okay that they all get together and shake their asse$ is good,
keep it rollin'.

Date: January 1, 2017 02:35

Here's a map if anyone's in the area for a periscope:
[ajournalofmusicalthings.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 1, 2017 03:13

Jimmy Buffett was down there the other night.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 1, 2017 05:45

Like Bangers and Mash in Paradise?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 1, 2017 08:59

mattleeuk

The reason why you are unlikely to become Prime Minister has nothing to do with gigs or non-gigs by The Rolling Stones, but is because you do not have a sufficiently expensive pair of leather trousers to wear while you are showing your sincerity (sic) for the poor and disadvantaged members of the community.

(Insert winking smiley)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 1, 2017 15:28

GasLightStreet
Jimmy Buffett was down there the other night.

Searching for his lost shaker of salt.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 1, 2017 16:29

So what, if anything, happened?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 1, 2017 17:42

Roman's bash was the Killers featuring Paul McCartney...

No hats being eaten here ;-)

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 1, 2017 20:39

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2017 20:45

mattleeuk
Roman's bash was the Killers featuring Paul McCartney...

No hats being eaten here ;-)
To be honest, after the 2016 we've all had- thought we might be referring to you as Prime Minister Lee...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 1, 2017 22:21

True that MisterDDDD. But of the other side would say it's a matter of perspective. Anyhow, I suspect we want the best for the people we appreciate. Hope so anyway.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 1, 2017 22:32

HankM
[www.youtube.com]

Paul gives a show for the lady with mobile Haha!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 1, 2017 23:33

Christiaan
HankM
[www.youtube.com]

Paul once did something similar for me. He posed, spectacularly, double thumbs up, wearing (university) academic gear (we'd just given him a Honorary Degree). I was so stunned that I jumped ... and all I got was a very blurred image of Paul.

Two more observations.

Doesn't he look well. He seems to have lost some weight, and looks much fitter.

Given he's 74 he looks incredibly well!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 2, 2017 00:16

`

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-02 06:36 by HankM.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 2, 2017 02:00

CaptainCorella
Christiaan
HankM
[www.youtube.com]

Paul once did something similar for me. He posed, spectacularly, double thumbs up, wearing (university) academic gear (we'd just given him a Honorary Degree). I was so stunned that I jumped ... and all I got was a very blurred image of Paul.

Two more observations.

Doesn't he look well. He seems to have lost some weight, and looks much fitter.

Given he's 74 he looks incredibly well!

Watching the video I thought the same thing. Paul has aged remarkably well and is still a great performer. Still have him on my bucket list of performers to see live.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home