Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood's Solo Career
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 16, 2016 23:17

Bjorn
But for @#$%& sake...I´m not you!!! We dont like the same drink, have different women...have not the same upbringing...

don't be so sure about that ...

Date: December 16, 2016 23:38

crumbling_mice

He can actually sing a lot better than Mick Taylor....and writes songs that Mick Taylor could only dream of writing. All the while touring with the Stones, taking drugs, drinking, smoking, painting and hanging out with the World's top Rock musicians.....now, what did Mick Taylor ever do once he crawled away from the Stones because he couldn't hack it?

Search the internet and you'll be amazed.

I have, and I wasn't. Taylor hasn't been in the Stones for 40 years or so and his work output since then has, for a man with his ability, been poor. In comparison, if you search the internet and see what Ronnie has done in that period...well, you'll be beyond amazed...the man is a workaholic in comparison to Taylor.

I should add that I'm not in either the Ronnie versus Taylor camp...both have made immense contributions to the Rolling Stones and if ever I choose to watch clips or DVD's of the Stones, it is invariably from 1972 when the band were, in my opinion, at their peak musically.

I just like to acknowledge the wonderful music Ronnie had produced over the years and his talents as a song writer...I could count on one hand, the number of Taylor songs that could be classed as good songs! He simply isn't a talented songsmith, but makes up for this with sublime guitar playing.

Fair enough. Taylor is not a great songwriter, but his playing makes it up to, like you said. I'm not impressed by Wood's music either. Whether a guitarist is a workaholic, had a huge career or a is better character (something that can be very misleading in music) is of minor importance to me.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 17, 2016 00:59

Bjorn
But for @#$%& sake...I´m not you!!! We dont like the same drink, have different women...have not the same upbringing...live in different countries...

Still...I SHOULD have the same taste in music, as you have!

Lord have @#$%& mercy!!!

Exactly, this is a forum, forums serve to facilitate peoples' points of view...henceforth they are always destined for differences of opinion, it;s kind of the reason we have them. Yes, on occasions, rarely, all people will agree on something, but the vast majority of threads end up with differences of opinion, and I doubt that anyone changes anyone's opinion very often.

We can put our points across, but that is all they are, our personal opinions, neither right nor wrong in most occasions. We all have what we consider good reason for feeling the way we do about something and ultimately have to agree to disagree.

I like to read what other people think about stuff to do with the Stones, even when it;s the complete opposite to what I personally think. I still respect what others are saying....apart from if they don;t agree that Ronnie writes better songs than Keith......joking!

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 02:19

LeonidP

No it isn´t. But...

You
Me

Two different people.

Nah, pretty much everyone is the same person.

But still, I agree with you. I have long said Ronnie had the best solo albums, and overall he has, but Crosseyed Heart is clearly the best of Stones solo albums (yes, much better than my loved Wandering Spirit too).

That... what you wrote in bold above. That is one of the best comments I've ever read. Yes and also, Woody's albums are great.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 03:00

I dig his voice too! Craggy, ragged, yet sensitve. Dylanesque. I dig Ronnie's solo career a lot. Shows why he had/has the chops to be in The Rolling Stones. And Ronnie's party everyman style brings in a great cast of characters on his stuff. His albums are like different stages of a grand party.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 17, 2016 03:03

TheflyingDutchman

He can actually sing a lot better than Mick Taylor....and writes songs that Mick Taylor could only dream of writing. All the while touring with the Stones, taking drugs, drinking, smoking, painting and hanging out with the World's top Rock musicians.....now, what did Mick Taylor ever do once he crawled away from the Stones because he couldn't hack it?

Search the internet and you'll be amazed.

I have, and I wasn't. Taylor hasn't been in the Stones for 40 years or so and his work output since then has, for a man with his ability, been poor. In comparison, if you search the internet and see what Ronnie has done in that period...well, you'll be beyond amazed...the man is a workaholic in comparison to Taylor.

I should add that I'm not in either the Ronnie versus Taylor camp...both have made immense contributions to the Rolling Stones and if ever I choose to watch clips or DVD's of the Stones, it is invariably from 1972 when the band were, in my opinion, at their peak musically.

I just like to acknowledge the wonderful music Ronnie had produced over the years and his talents as a song writer...I could count on one hand, the number of Taylor songs that could be classed as good songs! He simply isn't a talented songsmith, but makes up for this with sublime guitar playing.

Fair enough. Taylor is not a great songwriter, but his playing makes it up to, like you said. I'm not impressed by Wood's music either. Whether a guitarist is a workaholic, had a huge career or a is better character (something that can be very misleading in music) is of minor importance to me.

Taylor was a fantastic uncredited co writer.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 17, 2016 03:44

Bjorn
Crosseyed heart is the best solo album. It´s all in there. His love and life. Mr Soul. Mr rhythm. Mr melody.

Disagree Keith first is so much better than his latest. The latest doesn't do it for me as much. Too many ballads or slow songs

Date: December 17, 2016 08:54

Redhotcarpet

Taylor was a fantastic uncredited co writer.

I know, he contributed a lot to the Stones.

Date: December 17, 2016 09:24

Any of the critical reviewers who bother to tell us why Ronnie's solo songs/albums aren't good?

Personally, I find exciting stuff on all his albums.

Date: December 17, 2016 21:14

I saw "Fountain Of Love" mentioned somewhere in here. That is such a good song off of 1234.
Matter of fact Im going to do a list of best songs.
Own Album - Far East Man, Groovin You, Cancel Everything, Act Together,
Now Look - If you don't want my love, Now Look, Sweet baby Mine
Gimme some Neck - Come to Realize,Seven Days, Lost & Lonely
1234 - Fountain of Love, 1234,Priceless
Slide on This - Ain't Rockn Roll, Always Wanted More,Show Me,
Not 4 Beginners - I like every one of the originals with acoustic and vocals e.g What do you think, RU Behaving yourself, This Little Heart,Be beautiful...they are all great.
I Feel Like Playing - Lucky Man,Fancy Pants, Why do wanna go and do.. I Gotta See

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 18, 2016 09:15

Ronnie Wood's albums are tremendous!...

That's all I listed to nowadays...

Listen Stones fans...

Mick and Keith had the pick of the litter worldwide when Mick Taylor left (though they probably wanted to stay English which I respect)...just listen to those first two albums and you will know why Ronnie Wood was selected.

Ronnie Wood is like Ace Frehley of Kiss...the guy who is the beaten down brother who is accused of laziness ...yet...is the most hard working talented
guy in the band.

Pecman

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 18, 2016 11:10

Pecman
Ronnie Wood's albums are tremendous!...

That's all I listed to nowadays...

Listen Stones fans...

Mick and Keith had the pick of the litter worldwide when Mick Taylor left (though they probably wanted to stay English which I respect)...just listen to those first two albums and you will know why Ronnie Wood was selected.

Ronnie Wood is like Ace Frehley of Kiss...the guy who is the beaten down brother who is accused of laziness ...yet...is the most hard working talented
guy in the band.

Pecman

Yes but they picked Ronnie because of his image, fame, his role as a very uncomplicated all around player who goes along with everyone in the rock world.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 18, 2016 17:21

RW is underestimated. The longevity and perseverance in his career speak volumes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-18 21:21 by Rip This.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 18, 2016 17:33

would be nice to get a new album from ronnie. now waiting for the 2 deluxe releases.
jeroen

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 18, 2016 18:17

Love Ronnie's solo stuff, especially early on up to 1234. Great groove and feel!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home