Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 5, 2018 22:28

doitywoik
Hairball
Whether it will be listened to as long and as often as this thread depends on alot of variables - mainly the quality of it.

OK, so if the future New Album thread will turn out to be a short thread we know it's a good album -- not much to complain about ... grinning smiley

I predict....winking smiley

Some will love all of it no matter what.
Some will love some of it, but not all of it.
Some will hate some of it, but not all of it.
Some will think it's average at best, and maybe too long.
Some will be dying for extended remixes, extra's, etc. on the inevitable deluxe version
Some will hate all of it and wonder why bother - they were done when Mick Taylor left the band.

Being that it will more than likely be the last album (?), I'm sure the thread will go on for awhile.
There's a chance though they'll start working on a follow up to this as yet unfinished album in the year 2030 with sights set on a release for 2035 if we're lucky. thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 5, 2018 22:41

Hairball
IanBillen
Charlie knows a 'little' more than he is letting on.

He may or may not Ian, but again he probably doesn't really care that much.
He's looking forward to the tour

He's looking forward to the end of the tour.

In that "couch" interview, he specifically said he's looking forward to July 8 in Warsaw.

He has a take it or leave it attitude -- doesn't particularly enjoy working, but likes the idea of having worked.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 5, 2018 22:51

stonehearted
Hairball
IanBillen

In that "couch" interview, he specifically said he's looking forward to July 8 in Warsaw.

He has a take it or leave it attitude -- doesn't particularly enjoy working, but likes the idea of having worked.

Its always hard to work out what the deal is with charlie and his attitude towards touring, does he love touring really or is it that he couldn't bare to be at home while someone like Steve Jordan takes his place as the drummer in the best band in the world.

This could be the motivation he needs to carry on.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 5, 2018 23:01

keithsman
stonehearted
Hairball
IanBillen

Its always hard to work out what the deal is with charlie and his attitude towards touring, does he love touring really or is it that he couldn't bare to be at home while someone like Steve Jordan takes his place as the drummer in the best band in the world.

IMO, they wouldn’t dare replace Charlie. No Charlie, no Stones.
Maybe that’s why he carries on, doesn’t want to disappoint the others.
Either way,
CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE

Date: March 6, 2018 01:32

35love
keithsman
stonehearted
Hairball
IanBillen

IMO, they wouldn’t dare replace Charlie. No Charlie, no Stones.
Maybe that’s why he carries on, doesn’t want to disappoint the others.
Either way,
CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE

Someone said the other day that as long as Keith asks Charlie to tour he will.
Can't remember where i heard it, but if true that shows amazing loyalty to Keith.
Id like to think that's true, they must have such a supportive relationship after all these years. This is the thing with all the Stones, we will never know the truth as to what genuinely motivates them individually, perhaps its a combination of all the things mentioned above.
I think by now we can rule out doing this for the money , they have more than they could ever spend, most likely they do it because they love the thrill of it and because they can.
These UK dates make it especially doable for the Stones with all of them being able to go back home between dates, that should put a smile on Charlies face.

Date: March 6, 2018 01:45

stonehearted
Hairball
IanBillen

Yeah he did. So let's put it this way - Charlie has other priorities to occupy his mind other than keeping up with the details of an album which he played some drums on during sporadic sessions over the last two years.
He has a tour he might be prepping for (and which he looks forward to the end of it), and he has his family and horses to tend with. As for the supposed new album? He wonders where it is, and that's probably all he knows.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 6, 2018 02:14

Hairball
IanBillen

He's looking forward to the tour, and in the meantime he's doing as little press as possible, but mostly spending quiet time with family and his horses.

And as a reminder to show how much (or little) Charlie knows or cares, here's how much he was in the loop with the Emotional Rescue sessions:

(courtesy of GasLightStreet):

Charlie: The classic one on this album is the one Keith's done. I mean, I didn't know what... right up until about 2 months before the album... has now come out.
Mick: Which one are you talking about, Charlie?
Charlie: I mean, I didn't know...
Mick: Which song... ?
Bill: All About You.
Mick: Oh, All About You.
Bill: The "train song".
Mick: Yeah.
Charlie: Yeah.
Ron: Train Song, that's what we knew it as.
Charlie: Yeah, Keith's, yeah... Oh nobody knows...
Bill: It's just a track called Train Song.
Charlie: And I never knew what Keith was going to (put) on it, I never knew what he wanted... But it was a great track to play. That's being a drummer, you know?
Ron: He ended up singing that too, which is quite pleasing.
Charlie: Yeah, it's great. But I mean...
Mick: It's not me singing it (laughs).
Charlie: How he made a song out of it, I don't know.

[timeisonourside.com]

I don't think he cares much either ... He isn't thinking about it I dont think (while Mick and Keith are). However I do think he knows why it has not been put out. I think he knows Mick and Keith are not satisfied but doesn't want to let that out or let on any of that (bad press... he knows that.. the guys been around to say the least). I'm sure he has the idea. I know many bands... have been in the studio with loads of them. They <know> what the other members think about the material (its almost impossible not to). Charlies not a session drummer.. he's in the band. Im sure he knows what Mick and Keith think of the songs in terms of if they are releasable or not. Never heard of a drummer in a band not knowing if anyone else in the band likes the material or whether or not they thinks it's up to par. He 'knows'... trust me.

I dont think he knows what is to come... or whats next with the record .. (I dont think he gives it much thought.. just as you said) but he knows what the other band members think of what they got and Im sure he has an 'idea' of the projected goal or whats the hold up. They are all very close (very unclose in many ways.. but very close just as well). I dont think Charlie thinks about the record until they call him and say lets do some sessions and then not until hes there.

Hence.. if every time he thinks they got enough for the album as he claimed and then he claims that hes called to record again and he truly did not know I am quite sure he would ask .. 'hey .. I thought we had enough?'...or 'why are we in the studio again?'. If he hasnt he knows the reason why .. whether he had to directly ask or not.

I do agree that he doesn't know everything. Mick and Keith are calling the major shots from afar with the record it sounds like. They are the ones making the final decisions and are working on it much much more closely than him (especially on this record it seems)..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 02:23 by IanBillen.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: March 6, 2018 02:16

Not really certain what to think about the prospect of a new album.
Back in 2012 when they first hit the road again I was full of enthusiasm at the thought of new material and interesting setlists for their live performances.
I thought Doom and Gloom was a terrific single, Keith's side less so.
I was happy to see them in Melbourne in 2014 with Mick Taylor in tow and enjoyed the show for what it was,
Now as the endless tour continues my enthusiasm has somewhat diminished. The setlists show little adventure in song choice and I cannot really for the life of me understand why they choose not to mix it up more - perhaps it is too challenging for Keith. I'd be bored as a musician playing the same 15 or so songs every night of the tour.
I am also not a fan of Blue and Lonesome (boring and monotonous material to me) or Mick and Keith's recent solo material.
Anyway if they going to put out an album of new material then they should take their time and only release it when they are fully satisfied that it is the best they can do. I hope the can come up with goods as it is clearly challenging them.

Date: March 6, 2018 02:46

rbp
Not really certain what to think about the prospect of a new album.
Back in 2012 when they first hit the road again I was full of enthusiasm at the thought of new material and interesting setlists for their live performances.
I thought Doom and Gloom was a terrific single, Keith's side less so.
I was happy to see them in Melbourne in 2014 with Mick Taylor in tow and enjoyed the show for what it was,
Now as the endless tour continues my enthusiasm has somewhat diminished. The setlists show little adventure in song choice and I cannot really for the life of me understand why they choose not to mix it up more - perhaps it is too challenging for Keith. I'd be bored as a musician playing the same 15 or so songs every night of the tour.
I am also not a fan of Blue and Lonesome (boring and monotonous material to me) or Mick and Keith's recent solo material.
Anyway if they going to put out an album of new material then they should take their time and only release it when they are fully satisfied that it is the best they can do. I hope the can come up with goods as it is clearly challenging them.

Totally disagree with Keith being the reason the setlists are boring.
Set lists are down to Mick and Chuck.
Also Keith deals with different material very well as seen at the Sticky Fingers Fonda gig. Ronnie and Keith seem to raise their game with new material.

I agree with you that Blue And Lonesome got boring very quickly, too one dimensional for me and no Keith tracks to mix it up a bit.

Date: March 6, 2018 02:47

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

He's looking forward to the tour, and in the meantime he's doing as little press as possible, but mostly spending quiet time with family and his horses.

And as a reminder to show how much (or little) Charlie knows or cares, here's how much he was in the loop with the Emotional Rescue sessions:

Charlie: The classic one on this album is the one Keith's done. I mean, I didn't know what... right up until about 2 months before the album... has now come out.
Charlie: And I never knew what Keith was going to (put) on it, I never knew what he wanted... But it was a great track to play. That's being a drummer, you know?

[timeisonourside.com]

I don't think he cares much either ... He isn't thinking about it I dont think (while Mick and Keith are). However I do think he knows why it has not been put out. I think he knows Mick and Keith are not satisfied but doesn't want to let that out or let on any of that (bad press... he knows that.. the guys been around to say the least). I'm sure he has the idea. I know many bands... have been in the studio with loads of them. They what the other members think about the material (its almost impossible not to). Charlies not a session drummer.. he's in the band. Im sure he knows what Mick and Keith think of the songs in terms of if they are releasable or not. Never heard of a drummer in a band not knowing if anyone else in the band likes the material or whether or not they thinks it's up to par. He 'knows'... trust me.

I dont think he knows what is to come... or whats next with the record .. (I dont think he gives it much thought.. just as you said) but he knows what the other band members think of what they got and Im sure he has an 'idea' of the projected goal or whats the hold up. They are all very close (very unclose in many ways.. but very close just as well). I dont think Charlie thinks about the record until they call him and say lets do some sessions and then not until hes there.

Hence.. if every time he thinks they got enough for the album as he claimed and then he claims that hes called to record again and he truly did not know I am quite sure he would ask .. 'hey .. I thought we had enough?'...or 'why are we in the studio again?'. If he hasnt he knows the reason why .. whether he had to directly ask or not.

I do agree that he doesn't know everything. Mick and Keith are calling the major shots from afar with the record it sounds like. They are the ones making the final decisions and are working on it much much more closely than him (especially on this record it seems)..

You kind of lost me there Ian. winking smiley

To simplify it all, I think we can agree that Charlie knows some things but not all things.
And the one thing he definitely doesn't know is when the album will be finished - nobody does.

Date: March 6, 2018 03:04

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

[timeisonourside.com]

I don't think he cares much either ... He isn't thinking about it I dont think (while Mick and Keith are). However I do think he knows why it has not been put out. I think he knows Mick and Keith are not satisfied but doesn't want to let that out or let on any of that (bad press... he knows that.. the guys been around to say the least). I'm sure he has the idea. I know many bands... have been in the studio with loads of them. They what the other members think about the material (its almost impossible not to). Charlies not a session drummer.. he's in the band. Im sure he knows what Mick and Keith think of the songs in terms of if they are releasable or not. Never heard of a drummer in a band not knowing if anyone else in the band likes the material or whether or not they thinks it's up to par. He 'knows'... trust me.

You kind of lost me there Ian. winking smiley

To simplify it all, I think we can agree that Charlie knows some things but not all things.
And the one thing he definitely doesn't know is when the album will be finished - nobody does.

I agree with your thoughts here above. I am almost sure he doesn't know .. as you would agree. I dont think he cares or is thinking about it. However I do think he would be quite concerned with the quality of it.. hes pretty thoughtful that way. He at least will speak up <once they are involved> in trying to achieve the best result while hes in there with em. I simply originally thought you were saying Charlie has no idea about Mick & Keiths thoughts on any of the material thus far and as well had no clue on why the album wasnt out. Im sure he has a good idea (but may not know it all).

I dont think they know when it will be out either .. Although Keith and Mick may start having a good <general> idea by now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 03:07 by IanBillen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 6, 2018 03:13

If Charlie truly thinks 'why are we recording all these tracks?' then he's been saying that since 1969.

Date: March 6, 2018 03:14

I'm sure that he hopes it's good material, but don't know if he puts much thought into the final product other than his drum parts - after all his his first love is jazz.
And I don't think he has much input on the written material itself, after all he said "I don't write the songs". But when it comes to his drum parts, I'm sure he has a much bigger role and voicing what his preferences are.

Date: March 6, 2018 03:19

There is no reason to not speculate that if they finish the recordings for this supposed new album that it will be their last, because A BIGGER BANG was quietly touted as their last LP in the Billboard Magazine issue about that album.

At this point, the only reason they would bother finishing whatever recordings and releasing a new album is strictly to say 'LOOK! We're still doing it!' even though they'll essentially ignore it on tour, if they tour for it, and that it will be perceived by the public as their last album.

Date: March 6, 2018 04:59

GasLightStreet
There is no reason to not speculate that if they finish the recordings for this supposed new album that it will be their last, because A BIGGER BANG was quietly touted as their last LP in the Billboard Magazine issue about that album.

At this point, the only reason they would bother finishing whatever recordings and releasing a new album is strictly to say 'LOOK! We're still doing it!' even though they'll essentially ignore it on tour, if they tour for it, and that it will be perceived by the public as their last album.

This album has taken so bloody long to get started (and is yet to be finished) .. and with this incredibly slow progression ..

At this stage in the game in / approaching their mid seventies .. It is more than easily understandable why some would feel this has to most likely be their final record. Not saying for certain but its more plausible to feel it will end up being their last record than not I'd say. Isnt like they have been putting out records every few years. Even if they had.. they are not exactly looking at a full career ahead of them.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 6, 2018 06:38

Hairball
Some will hate all of it and wonder why bother - they were done when Mick Taylor left the band.

You're forgetting the ones that were done when Brian left the band ... winking smiley

Date: March 6, 2018 06:47

re Charlie:

What I found absolutely amusing in (one of) the interview(s) was Charlie's remark that he doesn't have a mobile phone so Mick can't reach him and has to send him - not sure if I understood correctly - a letter or note if he wants to talk to him and then Charlie always has to call Mick ...

By the way, Charlie had a solo LP out in 2017, lest we forget ...

Date: March 6, 2018 06:59

doitywoik
re Charlie:

What I found absolutely amusing in (one of) the interview(s) was Charlie's remark that he doesn't have a mobile phone so Mick can't reach him and has to send him - not sure if I understood correctly - a letter or note if he wants to talk to him and then Charlie always has to call Mick ...

Good old Charlie is more productive than the Stones!!!

Between having quality time with his family, and caring for his horses (not to mention the No Filter Tour pt.1 and various studio sessions) - he releases a whole album!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 6, 2018 09:25

doitywoik
re Charlie:

The life of Charlie....lol. Yeah Funny about the phone, I don't think Charlie has any technology. Mick gets "pissed off"...lol

He has cars he can't drive, when he gets off the road he mulls around the house and his wife tells him to go back to work. If the Stones had any brains they would play a jazzy tune on the new album just to showcase Mr. Watts. Maybe even include a 10 second solo thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 09:26 by Maindefender.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 09:56

At the end, we couldn't name it as a new album but an old one with all these wasting times to record it.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: March 6, 2018 12:10

Keith is one of the reason for the sometimes boring setlist,He,s not able to play mang of the other songs anymore.When i see them in Stockholm in october,it was very bad playing of Keith,sometimes terrible

Date: March 6, 2018 12:15

harlem shuffle
Keith is one of the reason for the sometimes boring setlist,He,s not able to play mang of the other songs anymore.When i see them in Stockholm in october,it was very bad playing of Keith,sometimes terrible

He sounded good on Play With Fire, Dancing With Mr. D, Under My Thumb, Just Your Fool and Ride 'Em On Down, so I guess that theory lacks a bit of empiricism...

He did NOT sound good every night on IORR, SFTD and BS, so I guess he could cope with a change in the setlist just fine smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2018 17:11

GasLightStreet

You kinda nailed it, Skippy. I change the perspective a bit: I see here claims like 'nobody wants a new compilation/Jagger solo/cover album' etc. in which 'nobody' refers actually to some Rolling Stones hardcore fan club - people who are counting the years since the last original Rolling Stones album and over -reading every small remark hinting to a possible new studio album made by the Stones members in public. From this crowd we also hear claims like 'they can't tour any longer without a new album of originals, unless they don't want to end up being nothing but a nostalgia act'. It's 'us'.grinning smiley

I would say 'nobody but the Rolling Stones hardcore fans' are in any need of another Rolling Stones studio album, and see such a thing essential to their legacy or existence (in terms of continuing the incredibly succesful touring). For the rest of the world a new Stones album would be something funny extra: 'Wow, they are still doing such things! That's nice. But I hope they don't play too many of those songs live in the case I happen to go to see some of their upcoming shows, because I want to hear the legendary hits!'

I guess when the new album is finally released, the public reaction will be like 'wow, they seem to be rather profilic these days. Didn't they just release that cool Grammy-winning blues album?'. Though I am sure the promotion of the album will emphasize the fact that it is their first album of originals since 13/14/15 years (bigger the number the better) - since that fact will make a difference (to point out the uniqueness and rarity of the product). And one doesn't need to a big fortune teller to say that it will sell nicely, as any of their new studio albums do - but like any latter-day album, though first hyped by Stones-friendly reviewers as 'best since SOME GIRLS/TATTOO YOU/EXILE', will be forgotten rather soon, only to remembered and discussed by 'us' and some anorak rock historians trying to say something sensible of its significance and quality in the big picture, how it relates to their great past works, legacy. etc..

As we know, it is not foremost the needs and demands of us hardcore fans that drives their business/artistic decisions. Because we, as they know, we will buy anything and go to the shows in any case (no matter how much we complain in sites like ours). They have won 'us' ages ago. It is the 'casual fans' and 'tourists' that keep them as the biggest concert draw in business, and it is also up to those people if their records be any sort of hits in today's music markets. We hardcore fans are, of course, not forgotten, because for a band of their status, there is relatively speaking quite a lot of us, and we surely have some buying potential. Due to our age, we are rather wealthy fans. That's why we are treated with whatever kind of archieve releases, expensive super hyper deluxe boxes and things like that. Nobody but us are interested in things like that. The compilations are cleverly added by some extra tracks to attract us. I guess we could also see them playing some not-so-typical numbers, and even adding some ex-member to the show, is to make sure that some of us are not having any second-thoughts about showing up. The most romantical of us see those manouvers as some kind of 'gifts' to us or even keeping them 'fresh'.

Is this realism or nihilism? Boring, anyway....

But I want a new Stones studio album (but, if being honest, do I really need that...). But isn't it extraordinary and wonderful that we - for whom this band and its music means so much that it is rooted to our very constitution - are still in goddamn 2018 in a position to 'worry' things like these? smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 17:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 6, 2018 17:28

doitywoik
re Charlie:

I'm not certain, but does Keith also not have a mobile phone also?
Though I guess in Keith's case he always seems to have one of his Assistants to hand, so maybe Mick goes via them.

Date: March 6, 2018 17:35

Supposedly, Keith does indeed possess a mobile phone.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 17:47

Bullshit all these stories about Keith's mobile. He has one. Do you really think he have to ask to Jane Rose or an assistant each time he needs to call his wife or children. A mobile works in 2 ways. Some people or family needs to joing him directly. Fax or others are legend now...

Date: March 6, 2018 18:48

Doxa
GasLightStreet

You kinda nailed it, Skippy. I change the perspective a bit: I see here claims like 'nobody wants a new compilation/Jagger solo/cover album' etc. in which 'nobody' refers actually to some Rolling Stones hardcore fan club - people who are counting the years since the last original Rolling Stones album and over -reading every small remark hinting to a possible new studio album made by the Stones members in public. From this crowd we also hear claims like 'they can't tour any longer without a new album of originals, unless they don't want to end up being nothing but a nostalgia act'. It's 'us'.grinning smiley

I would say 'nobody but the Rolling Stones hardcore fans' are in any need of another Rolling Stones studio album, and see such a thing essential to their legacy or existence (in terms of continuing the incredibly succesful touring). For the rest of the world a new Stones album would be something funny extra: 'Wow, they are still doing such things! That's nice. But I hope they don't play too many of those songs live in the case I happen to go to see some of their upcoming shows, because I want to hear the legendary hits!'

I guess when the new album is finally released, the public reaction will be like 'wow, they seem to be rather profilic these days. Didn't they just release that cool Grammy-winning blues album?'. Though I am sure the promotion of the album will emphasize the fact that it is their first album of originals since 13/14/15 years (bigger the number the better) - since that fact will make a difference (to point out the uniqueness and rarity of the product). And one doesn't need to a big fortune teller to say that it will sell nicely, as any of their new studio albums do - but like any latter-day album, though first hyped by Stones-friendly reviewers as 'best since SOME GIRLS/TATTOO YOU/EXILE', will be forgotten rather soon, only to remembered and discussed by 'us' and some anorak rock historians trying to say something sensible of its significance and quality in the big picture, how it relates to their great past works, legacy. etc..

As we know, it is not foremost the needs and demands of us hardcore fans that drives their business/artistic decisions. Because we, as they know, we will buy anything and go to the shows in any case (no matter how much we complain in sites like ours). They have won 'us' ages ago. It is the 'casual fans' and 'tourists' that keep them as the biggest concert draw in business, and it is also up to those people if their records be any sort of hits in today's music markets. We hardcore fans are, of course, not forgotten, because for a band of their status, there is relatively speaking quite a lot of us, and we surely have some buying potential. Due to our age, we are rather wealthy fans. That's why we are treated with whatever kind of archieve releases, expensive super hyper deluxe boxes and things like that. Nobody but us are interested in things like that. The compilations are cleverly added by some extra tracks to attract us. I guess we could also see them playing some not-so-typical numbers, and even adding some ex-member to the show, is to make sure that some of us are not having any second-thoughts about showing up. The most romantical of us see those manouvers as some kind of 'gifts' to us or even keeping them 'fresh'.

Is this realism or nihilism? Boring, anyway....

But I want a new Stones studio album (but, if being honest, do I really need that...). But isn't it extraordinary and wonderful that we - for whom this band and its music means so much that it is rooted to our very constitution - are still in goddamn 2018 in a position to 'worry' things like these? smoking smiley

- Doxa

When what should've been called FIFTY LICKS came out and I saw the abominable cover and title, the horrible song selection and knew the mastering would make all of it unlistenable, I didn't buy it. I'll never buy it. It's 100% pointless.

I don't know one person in my life, of all of my friends, that bought it. They already have or either have HOT ROCKS and REWIND or JUMP BACK or FORTY LICKS.

So the "no need" part kicks in. Aside from the EOMS extra disc and the ridiculous reissue of SOME GIRLS with a second disc mostly filled with crap, the only release I wish I would've not bought was the horrid SHINE A LIGHT.

Of the vault releases, I bought HAMPTON and LIVE IN TEXAS at Best-Buy and I got BRUSSELS, LEEDS (I thought I bought the hard copy of it, if I did I lost it), TOKYO DOME and L.A. FRIDAY on Google. If they do some more interesting ones I'll probably get them in some way. Some day I'll get TOTALLY STRIPPED. I know there was some complaining about it but it's been one of the really good reissues from what I've looked at and have listened to on Spotify.

I see no need to buy the newer live releases since they're all redundant.

But seeing that they've strictly been a nostalgia act and, with the exception to the release of one album, have been since 2002, to me, as a fan, they "need to" release a new album. That's why I sometimes say 'they need to' when it comes to a new album. Because they're still around.

The Beatles... very little has happened since they broke up but what has happened has been quite extraordinary: the excellent anthologies (and the 2 singles with extra tracks), one greatest hits album, a proper remastering and reissuing of the entire catalogue, the BBC recordings and the excellent remix and working takes etc of SGT PEPPER'S.

Ha ha ha ha - if anyone here really wants a new Jagger solo album, it's probably enough people to count on one hand.

Date: March 6, 2018 18:53

Maindefender
He has cars he can't drive, ...

That's perhaps not as funny as it sounds. Cars from, say, the 30s work differently than more modern cars (gearage, pedaling, etc.), they are tricky in a number of ways and you don't learn how to drive them at driving school. But I dont know if Charlie has a driving licence at all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 18:53 by doitywoik.

Date: March 6, 2018 19:14

doitywoik
Maindefender
He has cars he can't drive, ...

That's perhaps not as funny as it sounds. Cars from, say, the 30s work differently than more modern cars (gearage, pedaling, etc.), they are tricky in a number of ways and you don't learn how to drive them at driving school. But I dont know if Charlie has a driving licence at all?

Did you watch the video?

Date: March 6, 2018 19:18

Yeah I did but I only recall him saying he can't drive his vintage cars but only sits in them, can't recall him saying he couldn't drive altogether. Have I missed that?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...142143144145146147148149150151152...LastNext
Current Page: 147 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home