Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...683684685686687688689690691692693...LastNext
Current Page: 688 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 15, 2023 16:40

Irix
Topi

You don't say?

Stupid comment .... thumbs down

What's stupid is that people will actually buy these!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2023 17:50

The way I see it the album is already in the can. Hence the photoshoot. Which signals an autumn release to me. What is left is sales work, packaging and distribution I guess. But, of course, that may not be the case at all?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 15, 2023 18:12

Stoneage
The way I see it the album is already in the can. Hence the photoshoot. Which signals an autumn release to me. What is left is sales work, packaging and distribution I guess. But, of course, that may not be the case at all?

I think that's exactly right. Once the tour got postponed, they realized they had a bit more time to get the album out so my thought is they delayed that as well, to time for the Christmas market in mid autumn.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 15, 2023 18:40

Stoneage

Album in a can? We've had that already ... winking smiley

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-15 18:43 by doitywoik.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 15, 2023 19:44

Personally I don't see this going in the traditional way we're used to. I mean who's going to pay attention to a press conference or something like that. Does that even happen anymore? Clearly it means a lot to people like us. I'll have a celebration day and wear my Stones shirt to work. People will say "ah that cute old man" They know me already, haha.

Date: July 15, 2023 21:25

A press conference might still be useful for news companies worldwide (TV stations, newspapers, etc.), because then there's something they can officially refer to and also show some pictures. I think the official announcement of a new Stones album is still worth a few lines in papers or mags, and also for a few seconds in a news programme. I guess the target group of a new Stones album is still (also) reading print media (or their online versions) or watching news on TV.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2023 21:45

Maybe some kind of live event (with livestream) like ABBA did in early September 2021 to announce their new studio album which was then released early November 2021.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 15, 2023 22:08

I could be wrong, but unless they plan on announcing a tour (which seems slim at this point), I don't think there will be an actual press conference. Maybe they'll flood the various social media sites- twitter, facebook, tik tok, etc., to get the word out, and then maybe release a video of the first single. Then all the press interviews, along with some tv shows. Maybe just Mick or Keith alone on Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel talking about it, but not sure if they'll all be together and actually perform. Unless maybe they do a SNL appearance? Lots of possibilities, but a traditional press conference is probably not one of them imo.

Date: July 15, 2023 22:36

Hairball
I could be wrong, but unless they plan on announcing a tour (which seems slim at this point), I don't think there will be an actual press conference. Maybe they'll flood the various social media sites- twitter, facebook, tik tok, etc., to get the word out, and then maybe release a video of the first single. Then all the press interviews, along with some tv shows. Maybe just Mick or Keith alone on Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel talking about it, but not sure if they'll all be together and actually perform. Unless maybe they do a SNL appearance? Lots of possibilities, but a traditional press conference is probably not one of them imo.

Could they take the jokes that would certainly come? Or would keith introduce them to his knife then? eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 15, 2023 22:46

Whatever the approach will be I fully believe it's for us... in the end. It's my gut feeling and it comes with mixed emotions (pun intended) always loved that song. Well I really wish there would be some kind of concerts in the future too.

Date: July 16, 2023 03:01

doitywoik
Hairball

Could they take the jokes that would certainly come? Or would keith introduce them to his knife then? eye popping smiley

I recall Keith being on the Jimmy Fallon show (he might have been on twice?), and didn't touch his guitar. When asked to join the house band to perform, he declined by awkwardly saying he was "rusty".
Might have been around the time Crosseyed Heart was released (?), but all I remember was some small talk with Keith talking about the lemons he grows in his backyard. Not very memorable.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 16, 2023 04:03

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball

I recall Keith being on the Jimmy Fallon show (he might have been on twice?), and didn't touch his guitar. When asked to join the house band to perform, he declined by awkwardly saying he was "rusty".
Might have been around the time Crosseyed Heart was released (?), but all I remember was some small talk with Keith talking about the lemons he grows in his backyard. Not very memorable.

he's been on 3 or 4 times in the last 13 years

some of them were better then others

but i don't think there gonna be doing a lotta late night talk shows (or snl etc.) in the us until the writers strike ends and who knows how long that'll go on

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: July 16, 2023 13:35

Personally I feel that they would not tour behind the album. It will be like undercover and Dirty work, where they just released the album, but did not tour behind those.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 16, 2023 14:02

pftw04
Personally I feel that they would not tour behind the album. It will be like undercover and Dirty work, where they just released the album, but did not tour behind those.

With the only difference that if they won't tour behind this album they'll never tour again!

Date: July 16, 2023 14:35

hockenheim95
pftw04

With the only difference that if they won't tour behind this album they'll never tour again!

I could see them doing short runs on selected occasions, at least for a while (with ticket prices skyrocketing).

Date: July 16, 2023 14:41

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball

New album title: "Lemons from the Backyard"?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2023 15:47

If Keith gives you lemons, you can grow your own lemon tree. If he writes "this is the life" you should take that with a grain of salt. If that makes you think of tequila it's probably a coincidence

Date: July 16, 2023 21:39

Nikkei
If Keith gives you lemons, you can grow your own lemon tree. If he writes "this is the life" you should take that with a grain of salt. If that makes you think of tequila it's probably a coincidence

Meaning, if he gives us some sketches, we can make them into proper songs? Don't we have the IORR band here? Sounds like a job for them lads! winking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2023 22:12

I meant literally, Keith gave a very large lemon to Fallon, who during his next visit showed off a little tree in a pot that he managed to grow out of one of the seeds, or so he claimed, anyway

Date: July 17, 2023 02:39

I was completely unaware of this Keith-Fallon-lemon tree thing.

Date: July 17, 2023 02:44

Just stumbled upon this video posted on youtube nine days ago, and don't think it's been posted here yet.
Anybody know the story behind it? Maybe a snippet of the first new single? winking smiley

Date: July 17, 2023 02:56

Maybe one of the three dynamte riffs?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 17, 2023 06:31

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball

EXILE deluxe reissue and LIFE, the lemons were what Keith grew in his greenhouse in CT.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: July 17, 2023 06:42

Keith also appeared with Fallon to promote his children’s book “Gus & Me.”

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 17, 2023 12:10

Hairball

Anybody know the story behind it?

Keith on 6-Jul-2023: "A moment with my Black 1934 Gibson L-1. Cool Runnings everyone!" - [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2023 13:27

No story, just a moment.

Date: July 17, 2023 13:37

Possibly to show that he still touches a guitar every once in a while - for whatever reason. One might think for showing he's tour-ready, but for that it's a bit (too) little IMHO.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 17, 2023 23:25

Hairball
Just stumbled upon this video posted on youtube nine days ago, and don't think it's been posted here yet.
Anybody know the story behind it? Maybe a snippet of the first new single? winking smiley

Sounds like the "Walk With Me Wendy"-hook imo.

Date: July 18, 2023 03:06

doitywoik
Maybe one of the three dynamte riffs?

smiling smiley

I wonder if the laughter will be incorporated in to the new tune to enhance the "dynamite riff"...it sort of grows on you with repeated listens. It's been stuck in my head all day!
Or maybe this version is still in the "early stages" demo form, and actual lyrics/singing/vocals will replace the infectious belly laughter.
Whatever the case, good to see Keith so happy and healthy! And that old guitar is a real beauty - imagine the stories it could tell...

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 18, 2023 03:11

To tie in with my question in this thread, are we to expect digital recording yet again for their new album, or will they go analog and bring back the glorious sound of albums like ER and TY?

Drew

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...683684685686687688689690691692693...LastNext
Current Page: 688 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home