Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...679680681682683684685686687688689...LastNext
Current Page: 684 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 7, 2023 22:26

Not only screws and transistors in Keiths hair, it's actually blue on the sides. And not because of the camera

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 7, 2023 23:04

Maybe the next Stones single will be as good as The Lions on the street one. drinking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 7, 2023 23:16

Yes, blue on the sides. That´s why this was a new one to me. But we learn as long as we live...smiling smiley

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 7, 2023 23:32

powerage78
Will the marketing and communications strategy of the Stones camp say, like The Sun, that the forthcoming album is the first since Blue & Lonesome (2016) to ease the long wait post A Bigger Bang 2005 ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
So according to your reasoning the early Stones albums shouldn't count since they were mostly covers. Really ?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:19

Almost all of Elvis Presley's albums were cover albums..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:35

Well they could do the old Dylan trick
Take classic blues riffs and chuck new lyrics over them .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:46

Of course B&L counts as a studio album, but it's been nearly two decades since they've released a new studio album of original material on it going all the way back to 2005.
Nearly every publication pointed out that fact when the news of the Macca-Stones collaboration was making headlines. To paraphrase: "The first Stones album with original material since A Bigger Bang"
I imagine the same publications will point out that same fact when news of the album being released finally starts making the rounds - fingers crossed it actually happens some day. 18 years and counting..............

Edit: Found these quotes dating back to February in this thread from various publications:

- "The Stones, who have not issued a new album of original material since 2005’s “A Bigger Bang...” - Variety

- "The Beatles singer will play bass on one track of the untitled project, the first Stones LP of original material since 2005's A Bigger Bang" - Entertainment Weekly

- "...the untitled collection will be the veteran band’s first new studio album of new songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang". - Billboard

- "Variety reports that the Stones project — which will mark their first album of new material since 2005’s ‘A Bigger Bang’ — is currently in the mixing phase". - NME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-08 00:50 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 8, 2023 00:59

We're getting there. You only gotta wait for less than two months before you can really say "18 years and counting..."

Or what are you gonna say on September 6th? Are you gonna suddenly go "19 years and counting"?

Where does 19 begin for you? January 1st?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-08 00:59 by Topi.

Date: July 8, 2023 01:30

NilsHolgersson

Speaking of Elvis and covers, maybe the Stones will dredge this cover tune up from the vaults and give it a new lease on life some day.
Definitely could use some work to freshen it up as it's very rough, but might not be salvageable...maybe they could just start from scratch w/ Macca on backing vocals

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-08 01:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 8, 2023 02:33

I love Charlie’s response!!! That’s hysterical. One tiny little ass lol

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: July 8, 2023 05:52

Spud
I'm sure I'll like it .

I've never really minded what they play ...I just like the noise they make. .

Same here.
I just can't help but liking most of their stuff. Maybe it's the vibe, the groove, the rhythm section...
Now I know, it's the noise they make.
You have nailed it Spud!

Date: July 8, 2023 06:58

The Irish Sun

The Rolling Stones show off their timeless swagger as they film a video for their long-awaited new album in New York.

Ronnie Wood, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards travelled from all over the world to be at last week’s Big Apple shoot, the first since Charlie Watts passed away two years ago.

The record features Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney and former Stones bassist Bill Wyman on the tracks.

A band source said: “This was a video shoot for the new album which is set to be released in October.

“Everyone is eagerly waiting for the new music, which is the band’s first studio album since Blue & Lonesome in 2016.

“They are delighted that their old mucker Bill is joining them on the record, which is a tribute to Charlie.

“Because of his fear of flying, Bill recorded his parts in London, and that was it for the reunion.

“However, the track was superb and Mick was delighted with the results.”

[www.thesun.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-08 06:59 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: July 8, 2023 07:24

Lookin' good from down here ............

ROCKMAN

Date: July 8, 2023 13:06

Especially from the knees up!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 8, 2023 13:36

There was a crowd of photographers on the scene but the pics we've seen so far can't be the ones the thing was arranged for. This is far from professional work

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2023 14:40

Nikkei

There was a crowd of photographers on the scene

From celebrity news agencies .... like e.g. Backgrid.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 8, 2023 14:46

NilsHolgersson

Well, yes and no. They were original studio albums that just so happened to feature cover-versions and numbers penned especially for Elvis. That's different to, say, Blue & Lonesome, that a had a concept, or Rod Stewart's American Songbook releases.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 8, 2023 20:32

[www.facebook.com] Totaly, without self distance.While we are waiting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-08 20:36 by Bjorn.

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: July 9, 2023 00:10

Rockman

Please nooo

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 9, 2023 01:53

kid killowatt
Rockman

Please nooo

According to Keith, all songs are each other's cousins anyway. winking smiley And a couple of new cousins are about to escape their eggshells ...

Date: July 9, 2023 01:56

Rockman

I would prefer the opposite actually - old lyrics Mich wrote when he was drug fueled or the band did and new music married to them. So long as he doesn’t over-enunciate the words or over sing them!

Date: July 9, 2023 02:00

Did we ever confirm if Stevie Wonder’s on the album?

Date: July 9, 2023 02:02

I hope so.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 9, 2023 03:26

Rockman

Maybe they did just that... Then we'll get an album's worth of material like "Jump On Top Of Me", "Wish I'd Never Met You", "I'm Gonna Drive", "Fancy Man Blues", "Cook Cook Blues", "The Storm" - good, but good enough as a (likely) farewell album of a band like the Stones famous for many of rock music's most iconic songs?

And good enough for some people here who don't want to count Blue And Lonesome as a true album because it was "just covers", some even claiming that they got bored because it was "just blues"?

Date: July 9, 2023 03:41

Hairball
I hope so.

Who else do you hope to be on it?

Date: July 9, 2023 03:45

VoodooLounge13
Did we ever confirm if Stevie Wonder’s on the album?

No, I think that was just Hairball talking.

[iorr.org]

Date: July 9, 2023 04:59

VoodooLounge13
Rockman

I would prefer the opposite actually - old lyrics Mich wrote when he was drug fueled or the band did and new music married to them. So long as he doesn’t over-enunciate the words or over sing them!

I think it would be interesting if Dylan was a guest on the new Stones album. Either on a new and original Stones/Dylan collaborative effort, or a classic old blues tune.
Or maybe an updated version of Like a Rolling Stone. I can hear it now: "How does it feel.........". Or maybe the Stones can guest on Dylan's next album.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 9, 2023 05:20

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

I think it would be interesting if Dylan was a guest on the new Stones album. Either on a new and original Stones/Dylan collaborative effort, or a classic old blues tune.
Or maybe an updated version of Like a Rolling Stone. I can hear it now: "How does it feel.........". Or maybe the Stones can guest on Dylan's next album.

Let's collect all the wishes, hopes and proposals and I'll mail them directly to the Stones management if anybody here is up for it. For this album it may be too late because

IT'S FINISHED

but maybe they take our thoughts into consideration for the next one. But this carries the danger of them scrapping the finished album altogether and start from scratch again - what could result in another 18 years wait, so better think twice!

Date: July 9, 2023 06:03

YEAH Stones on a dylan album ...
Play him thee Black Bone ....
Drag him back down from Misery Hill ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2023 06:17

retired_dog
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Rockman

Let's collect all the wishes, hopes and proposals and I'll mail them directly to the Stones management if anybody here is up for it. For this album it may be too late because

IT'S FINISHED

but maybe they take our thoughts into consideration for the next one. But this carries the danger of them scrapping the finished album altogether and start from scratch again - what could result in another 18 years wait, so better think twice!

Don’t bother mailing to the Stones management. They are not part of the creative part of what the Stones are all about.

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...679680681682683684685686687688689...LastNext
Current Page: 684 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home