Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...674675676677678679680681682683684...LastNext
Current Page: 679 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 29, 2023 12:24

There appears to be a growing consensus that a new album will be released in November-time. Or something passing for a new album. Is there any hard evidence for this? Or is it a lot of wishful thinking, hoping, fantasising? A longing for something before Christmas?

I am disheartened by apparent money-grabs like the vinyl-release of 40 Licks. No doubt it will appeal to some. And completists will happily add it to their collection. But how many more times will we be offered the same material in yet another compilation? And what might be the impact of its release on other material in the vaults? Surely there must be a decent amount of good quality (musical and technical) unreleased material down in the archives. Will 40 Licks block, or significantly delay, its appearance?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2023 14:19

Does anyone else tire of all this BS concerning the release date of alleged studio album.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: June 29, 2023 14:27

keefriffhards
Does anyone else tire of all this BS concerning the release date of alleged studio album.

Yup, it's getting boring and pointless.
Without any official announcement it's just like talking about the weather. It might be sunny or it might rain and nobody can change that.
Hope we will get a new album but if not, nothing we can do about it.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 29, 2023 14:43

GerardHennessy
There appears to be a growing consensus that a new album will be released in November-time. Or something passing for a new album. Is there any hard evidence for this? Or is it a lot of wishful thinking, hoping, fantasising? A longing for something before Christmas?

The French site (sympathyforthedevils.com) certainly have some industry/record company connections. They say they're hearing October.

IORR user georgelicks also has connections, or at least that's my understanding.

So perhaps there's no actual "hard evidence" but still something more than just wishful thinking.

Date: June 29, 2023 14:44

rolling1us
keefriffhards

Without any official announcement it's just like talking about the weather. It might be sunny or it might rain and nobody can change that.

We have been talking about the weather for 679 pages (and counting)! And it's just now getting boring for you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 15:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 29, 2023 15:40

lookin' a bit like rain. Bit dark over our Albert's

Date: June 29, 2023 16:03

rolling1us
keefriffhards

Thank you Topi. I should really explain what I meant by 'hard evidence'. In fact, I should have said ANY evidence.

Overall I agree with those good people who have said that much of what we get is boring and pointless. Whatever The Stones produce by way of a new album, IF indeed they do produce anything, runs the risk of being a massive anti-climax. There has been so much faffing about regarding it. And, with respect to the band members themselves, both Keith and Ronnie have rather prolonged the entire affair with some of their comments about it all.

In my humble opinion, which many will disagree with I'm sure, I'd prefer them to focus on releasing good material from the vaults. Not just live material, but unused studio recordings from past recording sessions. But, to be honest, the band owe us nothing anyway. They are old men now, and cannot be expected to somehow just ignore the burden of age...

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: June 29, 2023 16:04

Kurt
doitywoik
Hairball

Well...Keith's hat is quite stunning!

That's true! And I find it a most generous gesture that the other two came to NY just to celebrate Keith's new hat!

A new hat is not quite a new album, but us crowd who is starving for 18 years and counting have to be happy with what we have to be happy with! winking smiley

I think that hat has been remixed.

sure, it´s the Dolby Atmos version

Date: June 29, 2023 16:26

keefriffhards
No, not at all. It's what keeps me coming back for more, in anticipation of an actual announcement, and a release.

You'll miss the BS when they're gone.

Date: June 29, 2023 16:32

GerardHennessy

IF indeed they do produce anything

It's pretty hard evidence to me when Bill Wyman says he has recorded a track for the new album, and that Mick was delighted with it.

Personally, I hope for both a new album AND archive material.

Looks like it's gonna be a good fall/winter for us smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 29, 2023 16:34

Hairball
Kurt
doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik
I wonder what is so stunnig about the shoot (apart from the fact that it took place at all). They are standing before a door in a brick wall, looking bored, and then quickly piss off.

Well...Keith's hat is quite stunning!

That's true! And I find it a most generous gesture that the other two came to NY just to celebrate Keith's new hat!

A new hat is not quite a new album, but us crowd who is starving for 18 years and counting have to be happy with what we have to be happy with! winking smiley

I think that hat has been remixed.

We ain't seen nothing yet...

Just wait until he starts wearing the Deluxe version of the hat!

Now you're talking...
How about the Deluxe Remixed Variant Dolby Atmos version of the Crosseyed Hat!

Sign me up for that!

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: June 29, 2023 17:10

drewmaster
AntoineParis

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Google translation into English -

Little information on planet Stone, since we now know that there will be no tour this year.

However, a new album is still in the works. What we knew: the group has been seen in the studio in New York and Los Angeles, accompanied by Steve Jordan, Darryl Jones, Matt Clifford, and even Chanel Haynes. This opus would be produced by Andrew Watt (Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne). And the participation of Paul McCartney on a title on bass has indeed been confirmed.

New information: according to the Anglo-Saxon press, Bill Wyman is in the game! After leaving the group 30 years ago, Bill couldn't refuse to participate in what will, it seems, be a tribute album to Charlie Watts.

"And when is it coming out?" you will tell us. In October, they say...

Drew

Chanel Haynes made a post on her Instagram this morning stating that she is not featured on the album. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, folks.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2023 17:16

She's a friend who was at the studio to listen to tracks or she recorded with them and the track she cut wasn't used. Not really a big deal.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2023 17:19

GerardHennessy

Hard evidence before the label or the artist announce an official release date? What exactly would that look like? Stolen documents from the White House? Internet hacks from Anonymous posted on the dark web? This is no different than when Bill German announced an album date for November and it moved to February. Things happen. Dates are tentatively penciled in by labels all the time.

Date: June 29, 2023 17:32

Rocky Dijon
She's a friend who was at the studio to listen to tracks or she recorded with them and the track she cut wasn't used. Not really a big deal.

I thought Dua Lipa said as well that she didn't record with the Stones, she just hung out at the studio?

I think so far the only confirmed guests are Paul McCartney, Bill Wyman and Ben Waters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 17:33 by Topi.

Date: June 29, 2023 17:44

Topi
Rocky Dijon

I thought Dua Lipa said as well that she didn't record with the Stones, she just hung out at the studio?

I think so far the only confirmed guests are Paul McCartney, Bill Wyman and Ben Waters.

I read somewhere a while ago that Chanel Hayes was there, too. Don't know if she was just visiting, though.

Elton John is confirmed, too, btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 17:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 29, 2023 17:51

Is Elton confirmed? OK. By the guy who runs the studio?

I mean, both Ben Waters and Bill Wyman are on record themselves about being on the record, pun intended.

And Macca I think was confirmed by a spokesperson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 17:54 by Topi.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2023 18:44

we're gonna miss this thread when it's gone

Date: June 29, 2023 18:50

Rocky Dijon
GerardHennessy

Hard evidence before the label or the artist announce an official release date? What exactly would that look like? Stolen documents from the White House? Internet hacks from Anonymous posted on the dark web? This is no different than when Bill German announced an album date for November and it moved to February. Things happen. Dates are tentatively penciled in by labels all the time.

With respect I sense a degree of annoyance with my enquiry Rocky. Not necessary my friend. I meant no disrespect by it. My enquiry was perfectly reasonable. Why did I ask? Because there are repeated comments on the thread about an album appearing in November. As if that is a guaranteed fact. I respectfully submit it is not. As Stones fans we have had so many false dawns regarding the new album. Going way back to 2016 or thereabouts. So I suggest it is entirely reasonable, and respectful, to challenge any assumptions.

In fact you have answered my question quite well. Basically anything we hear is tentative, not guaranteed. There is no compelling evidence as such but, clearly, an accumulation of circumstantial evidence that makes a release before year end a possibility, but certainly not a guarantee.

I should have made my point more clearly too. And said ANY evidence, not HARD evidence. I actually made that correction in a later posting which you may not have seen.

Finally, my personal view here is that, whatever happens, or does not happen, The Stones owe us nothing. While many of us cannot ever get enough Stones material, the simple fact is that there is already a great deal of top quality material out there. Mick turns 80 very soon. Keith will in December. Ronnie is 76. Like myself, they are old men. They have paid their dues. Given us a lifetime of pleasure. Excited us, pleased us, entertained us, intrigued us for sixty years. And yes, they have also frustrated us, infuriated us, annoyed us, and occasionally disappointed us. Because, like everyone else on the planet, they are human beings, and human beings don't always get it right. But the ratio of great to not-so-great is way into the 'positive' column.

They have done very well, have The Stones...

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 29, 2023 19:07

Keith could use a new stylist. His latest ensembles look like crap. Why doesn't his wife tell him something?

Date: June 29, 2023 19:42

Topi
Is Elton confirmed? OK. By the guy who runs the studio?

I mean, both Ben Waters and Bill Wyman are on record themselves about being on the record, pun intended.

And Macca I think was confirmed by a spokesperson.

Not officially, but by the same musician who 'confirmed' Bill.

Date: June 29, 2023 19:49

Yeah, got it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:29

BFR
drewmaster
AntoineParis

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Google translation into English -

Little information on planet Stone, since we now know that there will be no tour this year.

However, a new album is still in the works. What we knew: the group has been seen in the studio in New York and Los Angeles, accompanied by Steve Jordan, Darryl Jones, Matt Clifford, and even Chanel Haynes. This opus would be produced by Andrew Watt (Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne). And the participation of Paul McCartney on a title on bass has indeed been confirmed.

New information: according to the Anglo-Saxon press, Bill Wyman is in the game! After leaving the group 30 years ago, Bill couldn't refuse to participate in what will, it seems, be a tribute album to Charlie Watts.

"And when is it coming out?" you will tell us. In October, they say...

Drew

Chanel Haynes made a post on her Instagram this morning stating that she is not featured on the album. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, folks.

Well that's a shame.

Date: June 29, 2023 20:35

But hey, surely Dolly Parton is still on board?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:38

maumau

do you think bv will close this thread and start a new one when the album finally gets released?

leave it there as a 750 (i predict) page monument to our collective communities insanity and obsessionwinking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2023 20:59

ProfessorWolf
maumau

leave it there as a 750 (i predict) page monument to our collective communities insanity and obsessionwinking smiley

exactly grinning smiley this thread is a piece of art on its own

750? you're optimistic! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2023 21:01

MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards
No, not at all. It's what keeps me coming back for more, in anticipation of an actual announcement, and a release.

You'll miss the BS when they're gone.

It's not their BS is it.
The BS comes from years of predicting release dates that come and go, it's like torture.
And yeah I'm going to miss them, missing them already.

Date: June 29, 2023 21:05

Regardless of when it comes out I hope the new album sells as many units as this thread has views. They have been and always will be the greatest!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 29, 2023 21:11

I no I am in the minority here, but I really like Micks attempts at more experimental music like Doom and Gloom, Gotta Get a Grip , Goddess in a Doorway way more than anything on a Bigger Bang.I hope there is room on the new album for new sounds and experimentation

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 29, 2023 21:53

Taylor1
I no I am in the minority here, but I really like Micks attempts at more experimental music like Doom and Gloom, Gotta Get a Grip , Goddess in a Doorway way more than anything on a Bigger Bang.I hope there is room on the new album for new sounds and experimentation

I really like Doom and Gloom too. Loved it live!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...674675676677678679680681682683684...LastNext
Current Page: 679 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home