Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...666667668669670671672673674675676...LastNext
Current Page: 671 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 20, 2023 10:24

we're all just like a bunch of kids...

...trying to feel through the wrapping paper to work out what the present inside is

..and one or two folks have maybe even peeled back the paper at the edge for a sneaky peep.grinning smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 20, 2023 10:54

Rocky Dijon

As for Keith and Elton, that was decades ago when Keith wasn't sober and when he still treated interviews as a chance to be outrageous. His "songs for dead blondes" line was crass and warranted Elton's bitchy response about being "an arthritic monkey." It was the same behavior that led to "tiny todger" and remarking that he snorted his father's ashes. No different than drunken Keith and Ronnie being particularly crude to Sheryl Crow during a Mojo interview discussing her nipples being like radio dials. The same interview where Keith discussed how all of the Stones were addicted to wanking. There was much during those years which went beyond the pale even by Keith's standards. If Elton did play with them recently, chances are good he was pleased to find a sober and infinitely more mature Keith than the one eager to still shock people.

Exactly,being a fan of the actual Keith Richards was pretty rough during the drunk years.the guy who you’d seek out his interviews because he always talked music, what the band were up to next, places he’d like to tour etc.
About 25 years of cringing through attacks on Mick,attacks on his contemporaries, flat out stupid statements that were meant to be outrageous but fell flat.attacks on Brian who’d been dead for years at that point.
All the while being cheered on by misfits and retards that thought they were in some goofy Keith club that only existed in their heads.
The one hope for real good new songs is if Mick can finally stand being around him again long enough for something to click.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 20, 2023 11:50

Spud
we're all just like a bunch of kids...

...trying to feel through the wrapping paper to work out what the present inside is

..and one or two folks have maybe even peeled back the paper at the edge for a sneaky peep.grinning smiley

But this is child abuse though.
Parents: New presents incoming!
Kids: When? This year?!
A year later:
Parents: Working on new presents! Soon!
Kids: This year then??
Parents: Don't hold your breath!
Kids: Next year Maybe?
A year later:
Parents: New presents soon!
Kids: When mommy??

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 20, 2023 12:02

lem motlow
Rocky Dijon

As for Keith and Elton, that was decades ago when Keith wasn't sober and when he still treated interviews as a chance to be outrageous. His "songs for dead blondes" line was crass and warranted Elton's bitchy response about being "an arthritic monkey." It was the same behavior that led to "tiny todger" and remarking that he snorted his father's ashes. No different than drunken Keith and Ronnie being particularly crude to Sheryl Crow during a Mojo interview discussing her nipples being like radio dials. The same interview where Keith discussed how all of the Stones were addicted to wanking. There was much during those years which went beyond the pale even by Keith's standards. If Elton did play with them recently, chances are good he was pleased to find a sober and infinitely more mature Keith than the one eager to still shock people.

Exactly,being a fan of the actual Keith Richards was pretty rough during the drunk years.the guy who you’d seek out his interviews because he always talked music, what the band were up to next, places he’d like to tour etc.
About 25 years of cringing through attacks on Mick,attacks on his contemporaries, flat out stupid statements that were meant to be outrageous but fell flat.attacks on Brian who’d been dead for years at that point.
All the while being cheered on by misfits and retards that thought they were in some goofy Keith club that only existed in their heads.
The one hope for real good new songs is if Mick can finally stand being around him again long enough for something to click.

to be fair keith could be and often was quite charming and funny during those years

but yeah then there was the stuff like threatening to slit mick's throat, flashing knives at people, the banana incedent with johnny depp

those in retrospect less charming more cringy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-20 12:12 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 20, 2023 12:29

Yep,

Keith has the capacity to act like a big kid ...but he's not on his own there !

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 20, 2023 12:44

DiegoGlimmerStones

Thx. Mick arrived in NYC 2 days ago [www.dailymail.co.uk] Probably he's planning something with Keith and the band for an upcoming announcement/promotion. We'll see thumbs upcool smiley

Or maybe not. winking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 20, 2023 20:56

Keith has never been much for collaborating with Elton .Wasn’t he annoyed with Elton when he played with them live in 1975 in Colorado

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 20, 2023 21:17

z

Maybe a new cover version of That's What Friends Are For is in the cards.......

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 20, 2023 21:40

But isn't "original material" the thing you've been longing for?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2023 22:03

Covers of Charlie Patton songs would be fine by me ..... HHHHaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: June 20, 2023 22:29

I'd be happy to hear them record another solid Motown tune ala Just My Imagination and Ain't Too Proud to Beg, and with the possibllity of Stevie Wonder being involved as a special guest on the album, the skies the limit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-20 22:32 by Hairball.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 20, 2023 23:01

Topi
But isn't "original material" the thing you've been longing for?

Yep. As far as I have understood for the counting boys - million years and counting....- the covers do not count. BLUE&LONESOME is totally ignored by them.

But when there is a chance to bitch, logic or consistency do not matter.. sorry, count...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-20 23:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 20, 2023 23:32

What's been missing all along is, it's been nearly 18 years since the last Stones studio album of originals, that's 125 years in dog's years and considering Mick and Keith's combined ages are very nearly 159 years that's really saying something. Why just imagine what all of us could have accomplished in that time to give our lives meaning if we didn't post here. In fact, we should probably ask ourselves one very hard question...

Do the Stones deserve an official statement from IORRians to account for what we did with our lives while bitching about the new Stones album for all these years?

I do believe, if we're honest, we owe them some explanation for being obsessive.

Date: June 20, 2023 23:43

Taylor1
Keith has never been much for collaborating with Elton .Wasn’t he annoyed with Elton when he played with them live in 1975 in Colorado

Clearly times have changed since then, and evidently they have become friends. Speaking of friends, maybe a cover version of War's Why Can't We Be Friends would be a nice choice for Elton and the Stones to record!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-20 23:44 by Hairball.

Date: June 21, 2023 01:06

Rockman
Covers of Charlie Patton songs would be fine by me ..... HHHHaaaaaaaaa

me too

i could particularly see keith singing something like "a spoonful blues" "down the dirt road" or mick on "banty rooster blues"

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 21, 2023 01:31

I’d like to hear McCartney and Jagger do a new version of Moonlight Mile

Date: June 21, 2023 01:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-21 02:03 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: June 21, 2023 02:00

Taylor1

i believe his annoyance with him in this case was because he stayed onstage to long

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2023 13:26

Or Mick on sleazy version of .... Patton's Jersey Bull Blues

If you got a good bull cow you ought to keep your bull good at home
Say may come along a young heifer and just tow your bull from home

Oh my bull's in the pasture babe, Lord where there's no grass
Yes my bull's in the pasture, Lord where there's no grass
I swear every minute, it seems like it's going to be my last

And my bull got a horn, long as my arm
And my bull got a horn baby, long as my arm
My bull got a horn, long as my arm

Oh I've an old five pound axe and I'll cut two different ways
I've an old five pound axe and I'll cut two different ways
And I cut my little woman both night and day

I've an old five pound axe and I just dropped in your town
I got women now behind me, just try that old axe on down

And I remember one morning between midnight and day
I were way upstairs, throwing myself away

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2023 14:25

Rockman
Or Mick on sleazy version of .... Patton's Jersey Bull Blues

Say may come along a young heifer and just tow your bull from home

Oh my bull's in the pasture babe, Lord where there's no grass
Yes my bull's in the pasture, Lord where there's no grass
I swear every minute, it seems like it's going to be my last

And my bull got a horn, long as my arm
And my bull got a horn baby, long as my arm
My bull got a horn, long as my arm

Oh I've an old five pound axe and I'll cut two different ways
I've an old five pound axe and I'll cut two different ways
And I cut my little woman both night and day

I got women now behind me, just try that old axe on down

I were way upstairs, throwing myself away

think we got the first single herewinking smiley

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: June 21, 2023 18:00

Folks!! I feel really fooled!
since April "Patience please!!
Patience please!
...of course..they are THE STONES!! But when after 18 years nothing happened(new album)and patience please??!! At lot die during this time! ...and the new generation won't such old men!!
So Sir Mick Jagger! Tell us some!!
D

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 21, 2023 18:07

Stones are probably pretty sick of all the folks pretending that Blue and Lonesome wasn't an album

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 21, 2023 19:32

There's a lot of talk of song covers, special guests etc., and clearly some here do not want that. After so many years waiting, some just want an album of new material with The Rolling Stones and not a bunch of special guests.

Well, what about a double album?

Album one of new original material, just the Stones, and album two of the Stones with special guests, playing covers?

Unlikely but it would be pretty cool, no?

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 21, 2023 19:42

I love Blue & Lonesome. Always have, always will. And to be perfectly honest I would love The Stones to do another album of well chosen covers. Maybe soul, maybe country, maybe reggae. They excel at performing all these genres. Lucinda Williams did a whole series of excellent cover albums a while back. Including one of Stones numbers. And she is a performer who is still producing excellent original material too.

I appreciate that other folk would prefer an album of originals. However if the reality is that the band members continue to be unhappy about the original material they are laying down - or appear to be judging by the endless delays - then an album of covers would be wonderful.

Speaking personally, I feel quite underwhelmed at the prospect of an original album containing pretty ordinary material. God knows there is plenty of it kicking around since the dawn of the 90's. Of course they may well surprise us with one last blast of breathtaking creativity that reaches levels not heard since Sticky Fingers, Tattoo You or Some Girls. But, what are the chances of that?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 21, 2023 19:46

I just want a new album. Let the Stones decide what it will include, that's their artistic choice. If it is all duets or covers, be it. I am all ears to hear it. And then, of course, ready to have an opinion. But not before that.

But a Charley Patton album - now, that would be something! thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: June 21, 2023 20:35

NilsHolgersson
Maybe its gonna be a "Mick Jagger 80! with Friends" release like the BB King album. That's why Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Dua Lipa are on it

They could even title the album and the tour 80 AND COUNTING... and have the stage designed as a giant birthday cake.
Throughout the mini-tour, a surprise special guest will emerge from the top of the cake each night to the delight of the crowd... Macca, Elton, Ringo, Dua, etc.
But first things first...they need to finish and release the "new" album...80 AND Counting....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 21, 2023 20:46

If this damn thing isn't called HIT THE WALL, I'm going to be pissed.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 22, 2023 00:29

Wall of Confusion

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 22, 2023 01:14

I’m sure limited cover songs. They like song writing royalties. Lol

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 22, 2023 05:21

Rocky Dijon
If this damn thing isn't called HIT THE WALL, I'm going to be pissed.

In view of the Wyman incident (<-- sounds really important that way!) they might also call it PUNCH MY NOSE ...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...666667668669670671672673674675676...LastNext
Current Page: 671 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home