Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...664665666667668669670671672673674...LastNext
Current Page: 669 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:53

Oh NO poor Bill !!!!
Still no Bird's custard, Branston pickle, piccalilli or PG Tips...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 16, 2023 09:58

1963luca0
madhousemagazine.com wmgk.com

We usually leave the links to Irix. winking smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 16, 2023 12:00

Big Al
gotdablouse
So GasLightStreet is Skippy from Sticky Fingers Magazine fame ?

bam
Great clip. I’d never seen it. It does have a ton of energy that didn’t make it to the released recording. Wow.

Yes, the actual Julliard performance was similar, deliciously raw and "garagey", bode well of the upcoming album...and the we got ABB and a ONNYA version that just plods along with watered down guitars. Hard to believe it was the same band TBH.

The Julliard rendition of Oh No, Not You Again! Is utterly fantastic. I was so excited for the album after watching that. The studio-take just isn’t as good, in my opinion.

Tottaly agree with you!

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: June 16, 2023 13:00

Will we EVER get the NEW album of the Stones? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I doubt it. With all the silence around this project, it's doubtful to me.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2023 14:05

MonicaDe

With all the silence around this project, it's doubtful to me.

It's the silence before the storm .... winking smiley

Mick's & Keith's 80th birthday in 2023 would be a good reason to release the new album.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: June 16, 2023 14:35

Ah...do you really think so Irix? winking smiley
I learned so far they do not mix private matters and "business", because music they do IS actually a business.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 14:35

There have been a number of hints or expectations amongst various sources over the past while that anticipate a fall release. We just have to continue to remain patient and hope for the best.

Date: June 16, 2023 15:00

MonicaDe

I learned so far they do not mix private matters and "business", because music they do IS actually a business.

They'll probably get public media attention on the occasion of their round birthdays (at least Mick) .... so rather no private matter. And with media attention it's easier to sell a new product.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 16, 2023 16:11

Rumors are of an announcement around Mick's birthday, the record is being mixed at the moment and a mid-November release date is gaining momentum. This is coming from people in the industry.

Date: June 16, 2023 16:35

Seems also no coincidence that ABKCO & Universal Music now reissue the Stones' back catalogue - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2023 17:02

A Stones album sells the way it sells. You don't need a birthday to announce it's coming in a few months

Date: June 16, 2023 17:10

Nikkei

You don't need a birthday to announce it's coming in a few months

But there's no Stones tour in 2023. They could use instead the media attention of Mick's 80th birthday to promote the new album.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 16, 2023 17:14

Irix
Seems also no coincidence that ABKCO & Universal Music now reissue the Stones' back catalogue - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

And The Beatles releasing quickly a new song...

- Doxa

Date: June 16, 2023 17:15

Doxa

And The Beatles releasing quickly a new song...

Due to the new Stones album?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2023 17:22

Irix
Nikkei

You don't need a birthday to announce it's coming in a few months

But there's no Stones tour in 2023. They could use instead the media attention of Mick's 80th birthday to promote the new album.

I don't know... they didn't use the media attention around this Desert Trip thing to sell Blue and Lonesome. They played some Little Walter songs but any media attention, if that can even be measured, focused on them covering a Beatles tune. It just coincided

Date: June 16, 2023 18:03

Interesting. You'd think that July is probably not the best of months to announce or promote a new release.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 18:05 by Topi.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 16, 2023 18:43

The Stones are probably holding back their new single so it doesn't clash with the new Beatles single that's coming out soon

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: June 16, 2023 18:47

Might be an advantage to release it at the same time...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 16, 2023 18:48

NilsHolgersson
The Stones are probably holding back their new single so it doesn't clash with the new Beatles single that's coming out soon

You got it! That's part of the deal of having Macca on the new album!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 16, 2023 18:54

NilsHolgersson

That's fair enough, because the fans of the Liverpool youngsters are waiting now since 1970 or so. They can go first. But a few weeks later, we wanna have Christmas and Easter with a new RS Record on one day !

Date: June 16, 2023 19:11

Since 1970...I want to know how much that is in dog years. Hairball?

Date: June 16, 2023 19:25

BlueTurns2Grey

fans of the Liverpool youngsters are waiting now since 1970 or so

The last two new Beatles songs were released in 1995/96 ('Free as a Bird' , 'Real Love').

The new 2023 Beatles song ('Now & Then') was already considered to be part of the Anthology series in 1995/96, but later rejected due to various reasons - [www.BeatlesBible.com] .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2023 20:08

Imagine...a new Beatles single hitting the top 10 while at the same time a new Stones single featuring Macca also hitting the top 10 - wonder which single would hit the #1 spot?
The long fought rivalry continues in to 2023, but either way it's a win-win situation for Macca. How can it not be? Maybe both will have a #1 spot back to back?
The Beatles vs. The Stones - looking forward to the possibility of this happening. Headlines will read "80 year old rockers battle it out for the title"...
But while the release of the new Beatles single seems a given, still hesitant to believe there will be a new Stones tune so soon...time will tell...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 16, 2023 20:08

Nikkei
I don't know... they didn't use the media attention around this Desert Trip thing to sell Blue and Lonesome. They played some Little Walter songs but any media attention, if that can even be measured, focused on them covering a Beatles tune. It just coincided

See July 26, 2017 and Mick's two singles and music videos dropped (with Charlie and Ronnie playing on them, no less).

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 16, 2023 20:32

Hairball
doitywoik
Yeah, our grandchildren will write theses about it, trying to find out what really happened back then! And one day some digital archaeologist will excavate a harddisk with a Stone sticker from a stratum of debris (remains of bricks from the wall after they hit it) and struggle to crack the encryption ... winking smiley

Lol...the only real clue they'll be able to extract will be the infamous quote from Mick...

"Don't hold your breath"...

winking smiley

And when they open the case, air will escape with a loud hiss - that's all the breath held by Mick when waiting for Keith to come with a second chord to turn a semi-dynamite riff into a dynamite riff ... Guess what, the first chord was open G, the second chord hasn't been revealed yet ... winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 20:37 by doitywoik.

Date: June 16, 2023 20:44

They could possibly resurrect the John Lennon produced Jagger solo tune Too Many Cooks (Spoil the Soup) which was previously released on The Very Best of Mick Jagger and turn it in to a Stones tune.
To make it more current and relevant though, they could overdub some new Keith and Ronnie guitars, add some Bill on bass, also Macca on bass (as well as backup vocals), include a bit of Elton on piano,
Stevie Wonder on clavinet, some fresh and exciting vocals from Dua Lipa.... strip away some of the '70's decay, and then have Mick record some brand new lead vocals to finish it off.
So many possibilities to ponder with this collaborative album....It's probably not of the realm of possibilities to include some unused/unheard vintage Brian guitar track c. 1965.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: June 16, 2023 20:58

Wouldn't it be time to think about changing the title of this thread for ''New Stones album for 2024''?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-19 01:22 by daniel t.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 21:07

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Hairball
If we were to think of this as a professional sports team, I'd happily trade out Macca and Elton for Dylan and Bill in a heartbeat. I'd also pay the maximum amount to bring Mick Taylor back to the team
Dua Lipa is also a keeper in my book if indeed her involvement is true, and the same with Stevie Wonder (and maybe even Dolly Parton), but not so sure about Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift....or Ozzy.

I’d keep Taylor if only for her incredible songwriting ability. Every time I hear Anti-Hero I’m amazed at the words she uses and rhymes. It even puts MJ/KR in the prime to shame.

Taylor Swift's songwriting ability puts MJ/KR in their prime to shame? Whoa.........
Admittedly, I don't know much about her songwriting ability other than the fact she's had about 100 #1 hits in recent years, and has sold billions of records.
I guess that would be reason enough for Mick and the Stones to jump on the Swift bandwagon as she would provide the recipe for instant $uccess with the younger crowd.

treaclefingers
Hairball
Considering the Stones' friendship and mutual admiration with Bob Dylan, and the fact he has performed with them live, wondering if he has ever been considered for a guest spot on the "new" Stones album? While the Stones tend to butcher Like a Rolling Stone in a live setting, Dylan has performed Brown Sugar rather nicely. Maybe they could work something out in the studio and come up with a new and original winner.

EXCELLENT! I've got the song too!

"Stuck Inside of the Rolling Stones With The Black & Blues Again".

Also: "Can't Your Hear Me Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door"

I love some of the lyrics the boys have come up with back in the day, particularly during the heyday, and SF in particular, but look at the words the young one is including in this song:

I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser
Midnights become my afternoons
When my depression works the graveyard shift
All of the people I've ghosted stand there in the room
I should not be left to my own devices
They come with prices and vices
I end up in crisis (tale as old as time)
I wake up screaming from dreaming
One day I'll watch as you're leaving
'Cause you got tired of my scheming
(For the last time)
It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me
At tea time, everybody agrees
I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror
It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero
Sometimes I feel like everybody is a sexy baby
And I'm a monster on the hill
Too big to hang out, slowly lurching toward your favorite city
Pierced through the heart, but never killed
Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism
Like some kind of congressman? (Tale as old as time)
I wake up screaming from dreaming
One day I'll watch as you're leaving
And life will lose all its meaning
(For the last time)

It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me (I'm the problem, it's me)
At tea time, everybody agrees
I have this dream my daughter in-law kills me for the money
She thinks I left them in the will
The family gathers 'round and reads it and then someone screams out
"She's laughing up at us from hell"
It's me, hi, everybody agrees, everybody agrees
It's me, hi (hi), I'm the problem, it's me (I'm the problem, it's me)
At tea (tea) time (time), everybody agrees (everybody agrees)

That bolded verse alone slays me. Michael Stipe of REM is another one who wrote incredibly deep lyrics.

Date: June 16, 2023 21:13

The "young one" certainly has a way with words.

Date: June 16, 2023 22:35

Hairball
They could possibly resurrect the John Lennon produced Jagger solo tune Too Many Cooks (Spoil the Soup) which was previously released on The Very Best of Mick Jagger and turn it in to a Stones tune.
To make it more current and relevant though, they could overdub some new Keith and Ronnie guitars, add some Bill on bass, also Macca on bass (as well as backup vocals), include a bit of Elton on piano,
Stevie Wonder on clavinet, some fresh and exciting vocals from Dua Lipa.... strip away some of the '70's decay, and then have Mick record some brand new lead vocals to finish it off.
So many possibilities to ponder with this collaborative album....It's probably not of the realm of possibilities to include some unused/unheard vintage Brian guitar track c. 1965.

Brian? Good one.

By the way, why does it always have to be a cover or a remake? What about brand new tracks? You know, that "original material"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-16 22:54 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...664665666667668669670671672673674...LastNext
Current Page: 669 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home