Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...659660661662663664665666667668669...LastNext
Current Page: 664 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 10, 2023 00:58

The Rolling Stones team up with music legend for the first time in 30 years on new album

Simon Boyle

Bill Wyman has reunited with his Rolling Stones bandmates for the first time in three decades.

The bassist was lured back to help pay tribute to their late drummer Charlie Watts on the band’s new album.

The record will also feature ­drumming he recorded before his death aged 80 in August 2021 after suffering throat cancer.

Bill, 86, quit the Stones in 1993 after 30 years with the band and has repeatedly said he never regrets it.

He features on one track of the album after flying to Los Angeles for recording sessions at the invitation of lead singer Sir Mick Jagger.

A source said: “Bill hasn’t seen the band together for years, but always loved Charlie. This record’s really a tribute to Charlie, so he couldn’t say no.”

Guitarist Keith Richards, 79, recently told the Los Angeles Times: “You haven’t heard the last of Charlie Watts.”

The source added: “After ­several sessions in LA done about six months ago, Bill’s playing is going to feature on the record.

“It was really nice for Mick, Keith and Ronnie Wood to be back in the studio remembering Charlie, and playing and singing to drum tracks that are being repurposed and woven into the album.”

Paul McCartney and Elton John also feature on the album — which is being produced by Grammy winner Andrew Watt.

Bill recently said he had no regrets about quitting the band, which is still touring, as within two years he was married to wife Suzanne Accosta.

He said: “We have three beautiful daughters, it couldn’t be better.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 10, 2023 01:04

Don’t buy the story. Bill no longer flys

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2023 01:12

Elton John? The same Elton John that called Keith an "arthritic monkey"?
Something fishy about this story...

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 02:08

This wouldn't actually be the first time Bill has rejoined the Stones since retiring from the band 30 years ago. He's made the odd guest appearance on stage with them, and also joined in on the track "Watching The River Flow" from Ben Waters' "Boogie 4 Stu" tribute album a decade or so ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 02:12 by sf37.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 03:08

I would love for this to be true but I don’t know.

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 05:42

I know The Sun doesn’t have the best reputation, but would they fabricate an entire story?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2023 05:46

any fings possible ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2023 07:13

Not sure why Bill would need to fly to LA just to play on one track. He could have done his bass part on the track in any studio in London.

But hey, more pages to this thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 07:19 by Topi.

Date: June 10, 2023 07:42

Hairball
Elton John? The same Elton John that called Keith an "arthritic monkey"?
Something fishy about this story...

IDK, maybe they filed Elton under the "whoever else you can think of" category

[iorr.org]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 10, 2023 09:30

To the extent that the story isn't fake (and as we all know, the Sun never lies, do they) I had preferred for Bill to be invited to a session while Charlie was still alive.

"... and playing and singing to drum tracks that are being repurposed and woven into the album.”

Gosh, this bloody reminds me of Jimi Hendrix's "Crash Landing" - repurposed Hendrix guitar tracks with studio musicians playing along... Same necrophiliac feel & vibes.

Elton John? Watch out, next up is Kiki Dee ...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 10, 2023 09:56

[i
[/i]zeppo1]
I know The Sun doesn’t have the best reputation, but would they fabricate an entire story?

No, I don’t think they would. I suspect there is at least some truth in the detail. The article is reasonably specific. I suspect it’s true, personally.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 10, 2023 10:02

Elton John too? These articles feel like they're written by AI like ChatCPT.

Date: June 10, 2023 10:14

Whoa, watch it! winking smiley

Date: June 10, 2023 10:31

This’ll be the last Stones studio album. Having a gazillion guests is en vogue. For better or worse, I see no reason why the Stones wouldn’t go that route. McCartney, Wyman, Elton? Why not? Yes, even Elton!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 11:02

I have doubts about this story.
Bill hates flying. Elton John? Hmm.

eye rolling smiley

Date: June 10, 2023 12:09

micha063
I have doubts about this story.
Bill hates flying. Elton John? Hmm.

eye rolling smiley

These are unique circumstances, however. We’re nearing the end.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 12:39

They have sent a file with the track to Bill, and he has recorded some bass lines on it..."Watch the river flow" was made in the same way.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: June 10, 2023 12:52

Working title: "A Bigger Band"...

Date: June 10, 2023 13:24

mailexile67
They have sent a file with the track to Bill, and he has recorded some bass lines on it..."Watch the river flow" was made in the same way.

That sounds more plausible. So, The Sun get the most important bit right, at least!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 10, 2023 15:12

Bill did some recording at the British Grove studio of Knopfler maybe that was his tribute to the stones album

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 17:07

Honestly, I just can’t see the reason why he’s been ‘allowed’ to join for just one song… I’m afraid it’s just an old song with him playing and now revamped in sight of the new album a-la ‘Tattoo You’.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 10, 2023 17:44

1963luca0
Honestly, I just can’t see the reason why he’s been ‘allowed’ to join for just one song… I’m afraid it’s just an old song with him playing and now revamped in sight of the new album a-la ‘Tattoo You’.

I see no reason to be afraid if that's the case!

Date: June 10, 2023 21:37

Now it's also in the New York Post (from the other thread):

roryfaninva
[nypost.com]

According to the NY Post, now finally also Ringo is in. No mention of Elton, though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2023 21:43

Surely now with all this extra help they
can get Blondie out from under the mixing board ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 10, 2023 21:56

Big Al
This’ll be the last Stones studio album. Having a gazillion guests is en vogue. For better or worse, I see no reason why the Stones wouldn’t go that route. McCartney, Wyman, Elton? Why not? Yes, even Elton!

Yes for better or worse Big Al....but if there are a gazillion guests it could end up an incohesive hodgepodge as many of these projects tend to do. Andrew Watt is known to favor multiple guests with mixed results, so........
As for this breaking news regarding Bill, if he is involved (which I would love), hope they don't photoshop/edit him off of the credits. Would also be nice if they bring back Mick Taylor for a tune...fully credited of course.

Glad to read that Ringo is back in the lineup (according to the NY Post) as he could surely spice up a new tune...or maybe they all do a remake of Ringo's fantastic It Don't Come Easy...
And maybe they'll bring back Eric Clapton again for some blazing solos. And then there's the possibility of Dua Lipa, Stevie Wonder, et al....the list of possible guests is seemingly endless.
Whatever the case, wish they would release a new single...maybe the new Bill track will be the first! Or more than likely it will be the highly publicized Macca track.

Date: June 10, 2023 22:09

We are also missing Madonna and Lady Gaga (there's quite some room under a 48 track mixing board ...).

The Mirror has the story too (although no new spciy details):
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Looks a bit like there was a PR campaign behind the curtains to make it known to the world that Bill will be on the album.

I just wonder when the session(s?) with Bill actually took place. If the album is really ready for release this must have been already several months ago. If this happened just now it rather indicates the Opus Maximum is still in the works.

Date: June 10, 2023 22:15

There's also Dolly Parton and Mariah Carey to consider....and even Justin Timberlake. And maybe someone more current/relevant like Lizzo or Bruno Mars - is he still current/relevant?
Some of these ingredients sound like a recipe for disaster, but won't judge until we actually hear it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-10 22:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2023 22:17

Nothing new in the New York Post piece. The Sun is cited as the source of the Wyman info.

They also linked to the Ringo rumor posted by Variety in February. A "representative for the Stones" scotched that rumor shortly thereafter.

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: June 10, 2023 22:22

As insulting as Keith and Elton were to each other during their well publicized feud, I think Elton could be a great guest as his piano playing is top notch.
Not sure how his vocals would fit on to a Stones album though...maybe a new remake of Crocodile Rock? "I remember when rock was young......."...smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 10, 2023 22:44

I used to look forward to glimmers of news in this thread. Now I look forward to being entertained by the deliberate wind-ups.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...659660661662663664665666667668669...LastNext
Current Page: 664 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home