Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 5, 2017 07:51

The thing to remember is a lot of journalists look to threads like this one for their info and then alter it slightly and put it out as news. While it's wonderful to be excited that a new album is nearing the final stages of post-production (regardless of when the release date is scheduled), an eclectic song selection that mixes familiar Stones sounds with more contemporary styles that seem like a stretch for the band is the familiar formula that could describe nearly every album since SOME GIRLS. There's yet another album in the offing. Every day brings us closer to hearing it. Wait and see.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2017 08:12

Yes I understand all that, I was just pointing out the contradiction they reported about release dates, ie a new album to coincide with Euro tour, but first a live comp by Christmas.
Seems if they had done even some minor research, they would realize that is not possible.

Anyhow, I'm in no rush for any new product...just biding my time reading all the incoming info., or lack thereof, and helping to keep the thread and hope alive.winking smiley
Still a bit curious though as to what will be the track listing for a live compilation...

Date: July 5, 2017 08:56

keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv
The news are the fact that they probably delay the release of the new studio album until next summer, rather than rush releasing it for the No Filter tour.

I will much rather have a new live album from the fall tour (Paris?) by the end of the year, and the new album by next summer, with shows in London and elswere in UK.

Some seem to think this is a fixed process decided upon and signed off long time ago. It is not. The band and their works are a dynamic process where creative and commercial interests merge into a plan, then revised, then new plans, and in the end, we see the new album. It is not like the 70's, where we got an album every year. These guys are living persons and their plans change as their individual matters change.

I am sorry BV, I still don't understand the 'news' as you posted. THE news that the new album is/was/maybe delayed til 2018 was posted a few pages back, and days before, from your post.

I am not trying to troll or be a 'bully'(?), I simply didn't and don't understand someone replying to your post about news as though it was...news.

I followed up by saying you have, no doubt, sound opinion, as you are after all much more wired into and tapped into The Stones real world than I. And I appreciate your insights and opinions. I must be thick though, as I am sorry, I still don't get the 'news' factor to your post. Sorry mate

I agree with you. I saw no new actual "news".

Universal renewing their contract is news.

The live album compilation release is news.

The studio album coinciding with the of the euro (UK?) tour is news.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 5, 2017 10:21

Hairball
Paulhanrahan
From "Gigwise"

The Rolling Stones are reportedly at work on a new album, which could be released to coincide with the end of their upcoming European tour.

According the Mail Online, the veteran rockers have been spotted hanging around recording studios in London and New York, and their label, Universal, has renewed their contract for one more album.But before all that, the band will release yet another live album – this one being a compilation - in time for Christmas.

Another “industry insider” is quoted as saying: “Both Mick and Keith would rather be carried off stage in a coffin than give up their great love – writing and making music. They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year, and everything just gelled. They ended up with around 15 tracks which they have cut down to album-length, and when the label execs heard it they were thrilled.”

He or she added: “Age is no barrier to brilliant music, and there is no doubt the new stuff will sell.”

This doesn't make any sense.

"...a new album, which could be released to coincide with the end of their upcoming European tour"

As of right now, European dates are from Sept. 29 - Oct 22.

"But before all that, the band will release yet another live album – this one being a compilation - in time for Christmas".

Last I checked Christmas is December 25.

So how can there possibly be a new album to coincide with the European tour if a live compilation album is due out first in time for Christmas?

Maybe the new album will coincide with the rumoured British tour in 2018?

Exactly ....? Why has nobody mentioned this before after this news blip?

The European tour is THIS fall ... There is no scheduled European tour next year (as of right now? .. They still have one in 2017 yo Lol).

'A New Stones album in 2018 to coincide with their European Tour'? ... Uhhhhhh.. The European Tour is this year folks (It is called 'No Filter' .... Uh remember .. .. .. ...?).

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-05 10:22 by IanBillen.

Date: July 5, 2017 10:47

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv
The news are the fact that they probably delay the release of the new studio album until next summer, rather than rush releasing it for the No Filter tour.

I will much rather have a new live album from the fall tour (Paris?) by the end of the year, and the new album by next summer, with shows in London and elswere in UK.

Some seem to think this is a fixed process decided upon and signed off long time ago. It is not. The band and their works are a dynamic process where creative and commercial interests merge into a plan, then revised, then new plans, and in the end, we see the new album. It is not like the 70's, where we got an album every year. These guys are living persons and their plans change as their individual matters change.

I am sorry BV, I still don't understand the 'news' as you posted. THE news that the new album is/was/maybe delayed til 2018 was posted a few pages back, and days before, from your post.

I am not trying to troll or be a 'bully'(?), I simply didn't and don't understand someone replying to your post about news as though it was...news.

I followed up by saying you have, no doubt, sound opinion, as you are after all much more wired into and tapped into The Stones real world than I. And I appreciate your insights and opinions. I must be thick though, as I am sorry, I still don't get the 'news' factor to your post. Sorry mate

it was new news that was mentioned a few pages ago. then it was all just summed up in one post by BV and another poster was telling us to pay attention to the new news.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 5, 2017 11:08

Just thinking about this album, do you think its possible the Stones are putting the finishing touches to it and that they are making us think it will be released next year when in fact they want to surprise us with an early release, perhaps before Christmas.
The Stones always keep things close to their chests, this is nothing new.
This is just talking about the new album, i'm not trolling here, this to my mind this is a possibility no one has picked up on yet.
I'm going with this as i predicted on the previous page (59) i think the Stones want this album out as soon as possible, we don't even know that there will be any shows next year ,at their ages this band is just living one day at a time now, no time for next year, its about this week this month this year.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 5, 2017 11:23

Could it be the release of a new album depends on the ticketsales for the tour?
It ticketsales are low, they could gain some publicity by bringing out a new single
or album. I don't know how ticketsales are going, as I think they are dropping limited
amounts of tickets, just to gain attention with messages like "sold out in 10 minutes".
After a while new tickets are available with another hype to make sure everyone thinks
it's the last chance to be part of the show and is willing to pay the high prices.
So if they need to fill more places, they will release a new song, is my expectation.
And it has to be a good one, that will receive much airplay, and a video that will be
talked about, with some amounts of sex and/or violence.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 5, 2017 11:35

stone4ever
Ok for what its worth this is my prediction.

Stones will release the new album in late November / December for the Christmas market. You heard it here first.

Yes i'm guessing but, i'm a good guesser winking smiley
We will get a couple of singles with good video's that will precede the album, one of which they will play on the next leg of the tour.smiling smiley

i'm w you. I'been there since posting my feelings on page 30, holding the line. ;-)
...and a couple of times since. yeh I took the plunge May 9th; the water felt fine; I'm still enjoying the swimming so much that I've decided to live just offshore, on Stones Island, for the duration.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 5, 2017 12:05

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv

NONE of which was new in BV's "news" post...but I am going to drop this now...

Rod

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 5, 2017 12:18

Will the Fonda be the new live album??
Hope so.
Jeroen

Date: July 5, 2017 13:55

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv

He was just summing up that the most important news were the fact that they will delay the release till next summer. I didn't read him like he was claiming to break any news himself.

Date: July 5, 2017 13:58

DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv

He was just summing up that the most important news were the fact that they will delay the release till next summer. I didn't read him like he was claiming to break any news himself.

we didn't either. maindefender was telling us to pay attention as if some huge new news had just been broken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-05 13:58 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 5, 2017 16:10

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
bitusa2012
bv

we didn't either. maindefender was telling us to pay attention as if some huge new news had just been broken

All I did was respond to BV's post and tell him thanks for the great news and enjoy the upcoming tour. This Fall feels like a great tour, continuing the momentum from December 2012......drinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2017 19:26

marcovandereijk
It ticketsales are low, they could gain some publicity by bringing out a new single
or album. I don't know how ticketsales are going, as I think they are dropping limited
amounts of tickets, just to gain attention with messages like "sold out in 10 minutes".
After a while new tickets are available with another hype to make sure everyone thinks
it's the last chance to be part of the show and is willing to pay the high prices.
So if they need to fill more places, they will release a new song, is my expectation.
And it has to be a good one, that will receive much airplay, and a video that will be

I forgot about the rumour regarding the possible release of a teaser single - that would certainly spice things up!
And if ticket sale are really slow - and I don't know how they're going either - they could release a new single first, and if that fails to help sales, they could announce some of the opening bands...or some special guests to join them on stage. I for one, would happily buy a ticket if say someone like Mick Taylor was announced to rejoin them again for a few songs. Other than that, I don't think I could be be bothered unless I could get a really cheap ticket the day of the show. Or if the new singles is really good, and they promise to play it along with a bunch of other new tunes - I would take it more seriously. And/or even several more from last years B&L. Those covers that they did play last year (along with Midnight Rambler) were highlights of both Desert Trip and the abbreviated Vegas show imo.

Date: July 5, 2017 19:33

IanBillen
Hairball
Paulhanrahan
From "Gigwise"

The Rolling Stones are reportedly at work on a new album, which could be released to coincide with the end of their upcoming European tour.

According the Mail Online, the veteran rockers have been spotted hanging around recording studios in London and New York, and their label, Universal, has renewed their contract for one more album.But before all that, the band will release yet another live album – this one being a compilation - in time for Christmas.

Another “industry insider” is quoted as saying: “Both Mick and Keith would rather be carried off stage in a coffin than give up their great love – writing and making music. They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year, and everything just gelled. They ended up with around 15 tracks which they have cut down to album-length, and when the label execs heard it they were thrilled.”

He or she added: “Age is no barrier to brilliant music, and there is no doubt the new stuff will sell.”

This doesn't make any sense.

"...a new album, which could be released to coincide with the end of their upcoming European tour"

As of right now, European dates are from Sept. 29 - Oct 22.

"But before all that, the band will release yet another live album – this one being a compilation - in time for Christmas".

Last I checked Christmas is December 25.

So how can there possibly be a new album to coincide with the European tour if a live compilation album is due out first in time for Christmas?

Maybe the new album will coincide with the rumoured British tour in 2018?

Exactly ....? Why has nobody mentioned this before after this news blip?

The European tour is THIS fall ... There is no scheduled European tour next year (as of right now? .. They still have one in 2017 yo Lol).

'A New Stones album in 2018 to coincide with their European Tour'? ... Uhhhhhh.. The European Tour is this year folks (It is called 'No Filter' .... Uh remember .. .. .. ...?).

Ian

We have indeed speculated that "the end of the euro-tour" could mean a possible 2018 UK tour...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 5, 2017 21:47

Who wants a new live album!!!
A new "real studio album" or nothing.

Date: July 5, 2017 21:55

mtaylor

Or both smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 5, 2017 22:27

I think it comes down to frustration that for 18 months since sessions started on an album that already had about 40 demos prepared over the last six years that there is still no track listings, no description of songs except for vague descriptions that could apply to every album over the last 40 years and a release date that is essentially sometime in the next 12 months as well as confusion over whether the UK tour or European tour are being discussed. At this stage, we don't know if there is a Best of The Live Albums compilation coming, a reference to the Honda 2015 show with STICKY FINGERS live, an outdated reference to HAVANA MOON, or a reference to a live album to be recorded on this year's European tour. Universal, British Grove, and the Stones organization and family and friends are all telling variations on the same story and it all amounts to...there's a new album coming and it will probably be like what you'd expect and we hope you really like it!

In the old days, Keith used to respond to the question of when will the new album be out by saying, "When it's done." The same applies here. It's coming, just don't hold your breath because it could be August or November or May before we hear a new track.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 5, 2017 22:27

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor

Or both smiling smiley

Could the live album be the duet-album?

Date: July 5, 2017 22:28

GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor

Or both smiling smiley

Could the live album be the duet-album?

Could very well be.

Date: July 5, 2017 22:31

Rocky Dijon
I think it comes down to frustration that for 18 months since sessions started on an album that already had about 40 demos prepared over the last six years that there is still no track listings, no description of songs except for vague descriptions that could apply to every album over the last 40 years and a release date that is essentially sometime in the next 12 months as well as confusion over whether the UK tour or European tour are being discussed. At this stage, we don't know if there is a Best of The Live Albums compilation coming, a reference to the Honda 2015 show with STICKY FINGERS live, an outdated reference to HAVANA MOON, or a reference to a live album to be recorded on this year's European tour. Universal, British Grove, and the Stones organization and family and friends are all telling variations on the same story and it all amounts to...there's a new album coming and it will probably be like what you'd expect and we hope you really like it!

In the old days, Keith used to respond to the question of when will the new album be out by saying, "When it's done." The same applies here. It's coming, just don't hold your breath because it could be August or November or May before we hear a new track.

This may also bode well for the quality of the album. Their lips are sealed and the mystique is there. Perhaps they wanna do this right the last time?

Date: July 5, 2017 22:48

hopkins
stone4ever
Ok for what its worth this is my prediction.

Stones will release the new album in late November / December for the Christmas market. You heard it here first.

Yes i'm guessing but, i'm a good guesser winking smiley
We will get a couple of singles with good video's that will precede the album, one of which they will play on the next leg of the tour.smiling smiley

i'm w you. I'been there since posting my feelings on page 30, holding the line. ;-)
...and a couple of times since. yeh I took the plunge May 9th; the water felt fine; I'm still enjoying the swimming so much that I've decided to live just offshore, on Stones Island, for the duration.

thumbs upsmileys with beer
Yeah same here, keep putting my toe in the water and now i'm in deep, this place is addictive, but in a nice way once we settle in, mostly they are a cool forgiving bunch smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 5, 2017 23:45

mtaylor

Some like the mother others like the daughter.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2017 00:12

bv
mtaylor

And some love both.. cool smiley

Date: July 6, 2017 00:33

MisterDDDD
bv
mtaylor

Ha! You beat me to it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-06 00:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 6, 2017 00:34

Hairball
marcovandereijk

I forgot about the rumour regarding the possible release of a teaser single - that would certainly spice things up!
And if ticket sale are really slow - and I don't know how they're going either - they could release a new single first, and if that fails to help sales, they could announce some of the opening bands...or some special guests to join them on stage. I for one, would happily buy a ticket if say someone like Mick Taylor was announced to rejoin them again for a few songs. Other than that, I don't think I could be be bothered unless I could get a really cheap ticket the day of the show. Or if the new singles is really good, and they promise to play it along with a bunch of other new tunes - I would take it more seriously. And/or even several more from last years B&L. Those covers that they did play last year (along with Midnight Rambler) were highlights of both Desert Trip and the abbreviated Vegas show imo.

*God, you are an expensive date! ;-/

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 6, 2017 00:36

DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD
bv
mtaylor

Have! You beat me to it smiling smiley

*Completely over my head, and let's keep it like that.

Date: July 6, 2017 00:50

35love
DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD
bv
mtaylor

Have! You beat me to it smiling smiley

*Completely over my head, and let's keep it like that.

That damn auto corrector on my phone...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 6, 2017 02:09

bv
1. The material should be significant

A great rule, indeed. One cannot help but wish they might've applied it to their last 6 or 7 records.

Date: July 6, 2017 02:30

LongBeachArena72
bv
1. The material should be significant

A great rule, indeed. One cannot help but wish they might've applied it to their last 6 or 7 records.

I doubt they set out to make poor records, they are probably too close to the music they create to know how it will be received until it is received , and even then it takes time. Exile had negative reviews, it took a few years for it to get the acclaim it deserved.
I actually thought the last 6 albums were pretty good as it happens, its just that folks on IORR are hard to please winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home